Page 41 of 552 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    sure is Whiterun, near one of the farms.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSignalX View Post
    Much love for FC2. My favorite loadout (with mod) was Spas 12, Silenced Mp5, and the M1903 Springfield. Basically let me cover every situation in their face, far away, or behind em sneaky sneaky in the dark.

re: TW2, you mean this conversation? Er ya. Classic. Made me want to haul his drunk ass back down into the cave with the monsters (=
    Even scenes like that. The very fact dialogue like that is in the game, ie. a drunk soldier being properly crass rather than the sterile nature of Bioware/Bethesda (whose games I do love), is one of the things that makes me love it so. Scenes in the game like that are also far more fun when you don't have subtitles allowing you to read ahead, but this can often prove too tricky if there are characters who whisper or too-loud background noise or silly elvish languages with bad subtitle planning. Games need a quick on/off subtitle toggle without needing to go to menus.

And wait, FarCry 2 mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Don't attach them. Host them on Imageshack or something similar and use [IMG] tags in conjunction with the Direct Link URL it gives you.
    Thanks. Think I'll stick with this for now.

Creepy dragon attack
    2012-01-20_00004.jpg

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Even scenes like that. The very fact dialogue like that is in the game, ie. a drunk soldier being properly crass rather than the sterile nature of Bioware/Bethesda (whose games I do love), is one of the things that makes me love it so. Scenes in the game like that are also far more fun when you don't have subtitles allowing you to read ahead, but this can often prove too tricky if there are characters who whisper or too-loud background noise or silly elvish languages with bad subtitle planning. Games need a quick on/off subtitle toggle without needing to go to menus.

And wait, FarCry 2 mods?
    I see your point, and do appreciate frank dialogue, but there's sometimes a line where it seems forced, where it's a bit gratuitous rather than in-character. Anywho - FC2 mods ahoy!

http://www.moddb.com/games/far-cry-2/downloads

There are more sites, and it is a very difficult game to mod, but they do exist. My favorite mod is one that significantly lowers gun degradation rate, and the aforementioned "any weapon in any of the 3 slots."

Oblig SS: Why does Amalur have 2 different conversation screens..

Last edited by DigitalSignalX; 24-01-2012 at 12:55 AM.
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Scenes in the game like that are also far more fun when you don't have subtitles allowing you to read ahead, but this can often prove too tricky if there are characters who whisper or too-loud background noise or silly elvish languages with bad subtitle planning. Games need a quick on/off subtitle toggle without needing to go to menus.
    YESSSS!!! 1000x this!

Also, game devs please subtitle the intra-party banter. Though I guess this mostly applies to bioware. I missed 90% of it because of the background noise (kind of like trying to listen to a conversation two tables over in a busy coffee shop - not that I would ever do that though...). It gives me something to do while endlessly backtracking through kirkwall because, even though I don't particularly love the game, I want to get my money's worth.

Network Hub

One small step for Jebediah, One Giant leap for Kerban Kind

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSignalX View Post
    Oblig SS: Why does Amalur have 2 different conversation screens..
    Left: Causes in-game actions
    Right: Information gathering

How do you remove the hud? I see people taking screenshots of Batman Arkham City without the hud?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (93.2 KB, 13 views)
    Last edited by asskicker; 24-01-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asskicker View Post
    How do you remove the hud? I see people taking screenshots of Batman Arkham City without the hud?
    You need to add a binding for ToggleHUD via config. Edit the UserInput.ini in:
    Documents\WB Games\Batman Arkham City\BmGame\Config with

.Bindings=(Name="H",Command="ToggleHUD", Control=False, Shift=False, Alt=False)

"H" is an example, you can change it to anything you'd like ("F8", "Y" etc.). Try to pick something that is currently not in use.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurish View Post
    You need to add a binding for ToggleHUD via config. Edit the UserInput.ini in:
    Documents\WB Games\Batman Arkham City\BmGame\Config with

.Bindings=(Name="H",Command="ToggleHUD", Control=False, Shift=False, Alt=False)

"H" is an example, you can change it to anything you'd like ("F8", "Y" etc.). Try to pick something that is currently not in use.
    Wow thanks, wasn't expecting an awesome answer like that. Can you pause the game too? :P

Quote Originally Posted by asskicker View Post
    Wow thanks, wasn't expecting an awesome answer like that. Can you pause the game too? :P
    Since it's an Unreal Engine 3 game, I believe a lot is possible within the game. There are a lot of interesting camera commands (and some pause commands) in the configs, mostly related to developer mode. Inserting those like "ToggleHUD" has no effect. How to enable the developer mode? Hell if I know. That said, I haven't actually tried anything but I doubt it's as easy as inserting -developer to the launch options.

To stay on topic, here's an old screenshot I found:

From Dust

I'm the mighy snake god, arrrr. Strange stuff.

Activated Node

We gave the assault frigates a try now that CCP has revamped them a bit. That's my Wolf. Managed to help pop someone in an ice field:

https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/625522
    https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/625525
    Attached Images Attached Images

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Nice shot, I haven't played since before they updated the backgrounds and brought back trails.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Good lord EVE is a pretty game. I also completely dig space ship designs that are kinda...clunky and pieces and arrrgh, love it.