Page 107 of 644 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 12869
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Saints Rowverload in here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    Saints Rowverload in here.
    Sorry; Civ5 doesn't make for very interesting screenies.

>_>
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Been replaying Metro 2033 in Ranger mode:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar

These guys freak the hell outta me. They're just always almost right behind you and yet you only ever know by hearing their footprints - turning around to see means they'll catch you.

"Oh dahling you simply must tell me where you got those shoes!"

Hehe facebutt lulz.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    These guys freak the hell outta me. They're just always almost right behind you and yet you only ever know by hearing their footprints - turning around to see means they'll catch you.
    Ugh, the hostile runners. I hated them so much. The levels where you chased someone were amazing, but whenever you were being chased it devolved into panic and frustration.

What's that, colors?! Surely this cannot be a true hardcore PC game. Be careful, it's a slippery slope with them colors. Soon you're playing with one of these heretic consoles.
    New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Actually, I felt the enemy runners were the best enemy you could have in that game, as they were all about movement and forcing you to push on ahead and keep on moving, which is how you achieve the best momentum anyhow.

Also, not that this needs to be specifically mentioned, but it looks god damned beautiful.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    @ Sephking: Wow, those shots look good!
    Thanks man. So glad the new SLI fix works. Can finally play with a reasonable frame rate.

More GTA4

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Woah, what mods are you using? Aside from a John Marston model.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Actually, I felt the enemy runners were the best enemy you could have in that game, as they were all about movement and forcing you to push on ahead and keep on moving, which is how you achieve the best momentum anyhow.
    I think my problem was that I was always looking for the most awesome route - over/under/through the most obstacles, closest to the edge, past the prettiest viewpoints - rather than necessarily the fastest, so I got caught a lot. I'm quite obsessive about having things be perfect, I remember replaying the dock assault in Crysis twenty times or more trying to get the most stylish and slick attack. If I was hit by even a single bullet I deemed it a failure and restarted the mission.

Network Hub
    Ahhh Metro 2033, the best of all games ever? or the best game of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Inverselaw View Post
    Ahhh Metro 2033, the best of all games ever? or the best game of all time?
    More like, the most impressive attempt at an interactive movie of all time.

It had some moments. Those were good, really good. But then there was the rest of the game.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Bikini tai chi!

So one of the assassination missions requires you prostitute yourself to prove you're not a cop in disguise. And as it turns out, there's an entire diversion based on prostitution in the game. So, in the interest of getting unlimited ammunition, I went and tried it. So what does my character do? She walks to the corner and folds her arms. My character rebelled against me.

Me not happy with myself.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    More like, the most impressive attempt at an interactive movie of all time.It had some moments. Those were good, really good. But then there was the rest of the game.
    I always thought Metro was underrated. Sure it's on rails but the small details make a huge difference: if you search a bit off the beaten path you can find NVGs and other stuff early on, enemies' helmets and body armour provide protection against headshots and throwing knives, stealth works as long as you stay away from light/tripwires and broken glass, you can approach some sections in different ways like ghosting them. It's not a perfect game, but I think the tons of atmosphere and these little details make it more than just an interactive movie. Or I m just biased.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post

Also, not that this needs to be specifically mentioned, but it looks god damned beautiful.
    They're a great enemy and change things up nicely, but do they ever make my heartrate increase. It's that notion of constant, dogged pursuit I hate. Which is why I love reaching the part where I can turn around and shoot them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Woah, what mods are you using? Aside from a John Marston model.
    These are actually shots from a machinima i'm working on so, for the second and third shots, i'm using one of GTA4's filters from the editor. For the others though, it's just the latest ICE Enhancer ENB which I don't have a link for at the moment but can post later when I get back from work.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Saints Row the Third

I threw some bloke off the building. He fell about 233 metres. I was proud.

Proof the AI is shit. This is what happened when I called for a helicopter.

"Fuck, you're tall"

More clipping. This Decker was stuck in the van door by his head. If I drove he flopped around. Lawl.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Clipping. Bring us its own brand of stories and hilarity since the dawn of 3D gaming.

If telepaths existed I would ask them to unearth all the clipping moments from games i've played just so I could relive them. Clipping is a good thing, little flaws like it makes games what they are, especially ott stuff like the Saints Row series.

Now that we're talking about saints row the third and clipping just Yesterday I had an issue while playing with a friend. Basically the game decided to activate pinball mode while we were driving around in a car. Hilarious thing.

Last edited by Tikey; 31-05-2012 at 07:42 PM.