Page 110 of 641 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210610 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 12811
    @Nalano: I've noticed that and it is especially true for CoH. If the scale was at all realistic tank engagements would take place across most of the map. World in Conflict is one of only a few that seem about right.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That's something that's always struck me about RTSs. Units can hardly see the nose in front of their faces and can just about shoot at someone standing across the street. Relic are not the worst here, I feel, although I do like how your infantry can miss someone standing in a field a handful of meters away.

Eugen's RTSs, RUSE and Wargame do much better with ranges, but they're on a grander scale.

Diablo 3 and Panzer Corps.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    @Nalano: I've noticed that and it is especially true for CoH. If the scale was at all realistic tank engagements would take place across most of the map. World in Conflict is one of only a few that seem about right.
    Too bad I hate the rps gameplay of WiC. I've also bought and played Wargame: European Escalation but I don't like the playstyle. It's too... clinical. You don't have troops screaming over the comms about being torn apart. You don't have guys on fire running in circles.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I'd recommend the Realism mod for CoH. I can't remember if it increases range, but it certainly stops the troops standing around taking pot shots at each other and feels like they actually fight, rather than wear down the health bars.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    I'd recommend the Realism mod for CoH. I can't remember if it increases range, but it certainly stops the troops standing around taking pot shots at each other and feels like they actually fight, rather than wear down the health bars.
    Tried that. The system really isn't set up for long ranges. You just get torn apart by things you can't see. It's simply a game design choice on the part of Relic, really, and I can see why they did what they did.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    World in Conflict is one of only a few that seem about right.
    Seeing as how the effective engagement range of the M1A1 is over 2,500 meters, even WiC has tiny engagement distances. It's claimed a Challenger scored a kill on a static target at over 5,000 meters in Desert Storm.

All in the name of gameplay I suppose, but it always bothers me a small amount in games that do this.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

I always used to enjoy Sudden Strike. Things like tanks and artillery used to be able to hit you from off screen. The Flak 88's were a kiss of death. Loved the way your troops were basically mince meat too, but vital for providing line of sight for your tanks. If there was a problem with Sudden Strike it was that to do all that, it meant all your units looked so small on screen it was hard to make out what they were at times.

Network Hub
    Time for another run of F3:NV

wait a minute, something's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Inverselaw View Post
    wait a minute, something's not right.
    Ooh, is that the requiem for the capital wasteland mod? I haven't tried that since one of the first released versions, how is it now? :D

Finally landed on the Mun... in a sense.

Gently...
    screenshot5.jpg

Oops...
    screenshot6.jpg

Damn.
    screenshot7.jpg

Notice how it's all fun and smiles until they realise they can't get home. Sad Kerbals.

Even Jeb? I refuse to believe it.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by CWalker View Post
    Ooh, is that the requiem for the capital wasteland mod? I haven't tried that since one of the first released versions, how is it now? :D
    when your born thers a distortion applied to the first sentence your dad says, but now it lasts the whole cinematic and it made my speakers buzz everytime he speaks.

thers clipping when you aim down the sight of your BB gun as a child.

In the super mart there was a missing texture in one area that made you see through the world (apparently the same error is in one of the metros)

I think the loot and vendor table might be borked, found a leather armor in the first footlocker i looked in and moira hasent updated her inventory.

other then that thers the balancing issues, im playing hardcore but thers alot less water then in mojava so im keeping an eye out for water fountains, no doctor bags means injuries are really bad and im not looking forward to fighting hordes of power armored enemies with that monster DT of thers.

On the other hand i just noticed that skill books give 2(4) like in mojava, except thers 25 of each type instead of 2 :p

Facial expression says it all.

Turns out you can't customize helis at the car mechanic. Who knew?
    New! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Not so new anymore! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

They teach you wrong in Hollywood. Jumped off a building in slow motion, shot a guy on the way down, hit my face in the gutter.

Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    You look like you need a monkey
    One of the funniest dialogues in gaming :)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Facial expression says it all.
    What game is this, please?
    Last edited by Doodier; 04-06-2012 at 11:30 AM.

I don't feel so good, do you think it's serious?

Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Network Hub
    I-War 2

Quote Originally Posted by Doodier View Post
    What game is this, please?
    There are references to around 0.5 million games in this thread. To which one are you referring to?
    (Pro Tip: Quotes make life easier in highly frequented forums)