Page 185 of 657 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 13140
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by TixyLixx View Post
    God I hated FC2, every 10 steps you take you suddenly have people chasing you.
    Yeah, that is the one and only reason I didn't get very far into Far Cry 2. I actually really liked everything else about the game (apart from having malaria) but the checkpoints and constant ambushes just drove me crazy. I still check now and again to see if anyone's made a mod to remove them but nothing so far :-(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    What I hated most about FC2 isn't even respawn, but the whole "find diamonds to buy PKM" thing. Really? I need to find diamonds to buy a cheap rusty LMG? I understand that PKM is a cultural icon in some circles, but thats just too much. If you think it ruins the balance to have a PKM in the beginning of the game, make it impractical or hard to find ammunition for( its 7,62x54mm, unlike other AK's)

I wish I had PKM.

Last edited by coldvvvave; 24-08-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    No Dark Souls yet? Guess I'll start.

"What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I know it's not related to screenshots but, a friend of mine has been working on a new gaming site for the last couple of years and he asked me to write a few articles, do some screens etc. People on here have always been very complimentary of the shots i've posted and i've really appreciated the feedback. So, now that this site as gone live, I thought it would be a good oppertunity for people on here to see some of my other work and tell me whether or not I should just stick to doing screens :-)

I've only done one review so far but, if people don't think it sucks, I may do more later on.
    http://pixeljudge.com/en/reviews/deu...an-revolution/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TixyLixx View Post
    God I hated FC2, every 10 steps you take you suddenly have people chasing you.
    I've never understoof this complaint. Turn the music off, the volume up, use you map, scan your surroundings and you will (most of the time) only get into a firefight if you want to.
    Enemy vehicles can be heard coming, if not seen, and so you can get off the road or lay an ambush yourself.
    Guard posts are always clearly marked and you'll start to remember where they are.
    Safe houses don't have anyone else around once you unlock them.
    Mini-map areas (like the fort or cattle ranch) will always have a load of people around but almost always can be avoided.
    The few enemies/outposts which aren't marked on the map stay pretty constant so you can learn where the are to be found.

FarCry 2 really is about using sight and sound to stay safe, and so needs to be treated differently to any other FPS game I can think of. There is no radar showing enemies. No sound detector. No flashy HUD. And without the music you won't know when enemies are close or if you've killed them all. On the harder difficulties, calling it ass-clenchingly tense would be an understatement.

@SephKing
    That was a pretty good read, although knowing you I'm surprised the screenshots weren't massively high-res. Hard to judge a person or style from just one review though so definitely throw out a few more if you can. Perhaps try for a less universally acclaimed game to avoid confirmation bias in the reader, which has a tendancy to make them more positively disposed towards the review if they agree with it.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    I know it's not related to screenshots but, a friend of mine has been working on a new gaming site for the last couple of years and he asked me to write a few articles, do some screens etc. People on here have always been very complimentary of the shots i've posted and i've really appreciated the feedback. So, now that this site as gone live, I thought it would be a good oppertunity for people on here to see some of my other work and tell me whether or not I should just stick to doing screens :-)

I've only done one review so far but, if people don't think it sucks, I may do more later on.
    http://pixeljudge.com/en/reviews/deu...an-revolution/
    To hell with it. Decided to register. A great read. Defiantly do more :P
    Ok ok I'm biased but you are really a good writer when you stop thinking that you aren't and can't do it :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanLT View Post
    To hell with it. Decided to register. A great read. Defiantly do more :P
    Ok ok I'm biased but you are really a good writer when you stop thinking that you aren't and can't do it :P
    Hah, another GT defector! Good to see you on here squire and thanks for the kind words :-)

@Casimir: Thanks for the feedback man, really apprecieate it. Hopefully when things settle down with work, i'll be able to spend some time working a few more.

Anyway. OT:

Saints Row 3

Last edited by SephKing; 24-08-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I've never understoof this complaint. Turn the music off, the volume up, use you map, scan your surroundings and you will (most of the time) only get into a firefight if you want to.
    And it will take you hours to get anywhere.

'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    And it will take you hours to get anywhere.
    Hours, minutes - what's hyperbole between friends?
    Honestly it doesn't take much time once you get used to how the game plays and if you use the buses/fast-travel for big journeys. Also, traversing the area is a large part of the game and it's from doing it that many of the best situations arise, those that lead to gaming memories.
    Deciding to risk climbing in a jeep and speeding off down the road to save time, only to see a patrol jeep up ahead. Swerving off the road avoiding the hail of gunfire, hurtling over the serengetti desperately dodging tree and boulder, wildebeest and bullet. One backward glance too many sees you plough into a ravine then quickly scrambling out to take cover by your stricken vehicle, clutching your AK47 as you wait for that familiar engine rev and then the few seconds in which your life will be decided.

There is as much of the game in the travelling as there is in the missions.

Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Saints Row 3
    I might've asked a hundred pages back, but how are you disabling the hud?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    I might've asked a hundred pages back, but how are you disabling the hud?
    You have to activate video record mode and there's an option to remove the HUD. Does limit your FPS to 30 though

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar

Game of Thrones

The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Edited some screens to look like Oil paintings, understand it's cheating to make them look good, but they look nice anyway! I think, at least. Skyrim, FarCry 2 and AC: Revelations by the way:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    That last AC shot does look wonderful, cheating or not.

More Darksiders 2. This post's edition - "It's Hot In Hell"