Page 196 of 644 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 12878
    Network Hub
    Crysis 2, the screenshot i'm most proud of ever.

Last edited by Kamikaze-X; 11-09-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Thefirst one looks like from some movie,good job man :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I don't mean to put you down, but the thing I don't like about those screenshots is you basically are taking a still from a movie scene. Even if you're controlling your character at that point, you're still being lead through a scene constructed to have you looking in the right place at the right time. Same for any game cut scenes really. They can make good looking screenshots, but every player is seeing the same thing. It's much more interesting to see videogame photography where someone is seeking out those picture-worthy moments that weren't deliberately built as such.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    But there are games out there comprised almost entirely of cutscenes, like Fahrenheit or To the Moon.

My nice new car;
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Skyrim

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Jesus Seph, did you upgrade your graphics card to one not currently thought-up in the minds of the graphics card developers? Damn.

Darksiders 2: Side Darker

So things have gone a little to Hell...

Vortexes? Check. Lava? Check. Charred...everything? Check.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

The mythical DayZ Hacker Fairy visited me tonight and dropped a bunch of colored smoke grenades on me and my friend. thanks for not killing us, benevolent hacker! I still hope you get banned!

Thirty Flights of Loving:

Mirror's Edge:

Limbo:

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    That Mirrors Edge one is just great.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Jesus Seph, did you upgrade your graphics card to one not currently thought-up in the minds of the graphics card developers? Damn.
    You honestly don't need a good graphics card to make things extreme dark with high contrast.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    But there are games out there comprised almost entirely of cutscenes, like Fahrenheit or To the Moon.
    I don't think that's at all relevant. I'm talking about the difference between the game saying "look at this cool scene we made for you" and the player spotting screenshot opportunities for himself based on less deliberate combinations of terrain/weather/lighting/action or whatever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Speaking as a daily lurker and appreciator of this thread, I'm happy to take both cool manufactured scenes as well as the more classic gaming photography. The shot in question is fantastic, although a tiny and treacherous part of my brain squeaked "teal and orange!" and giggled.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    I don't mean to put you down, but the thing I don't like about those screenshots is you basically are taking a still from a movie scene. Even if you're controlling your character at that point, you're still being lead through a scene constructed to have you looking in the right place at the right time. Same for any game cut scenes really. They can make good looking screenshots, but every player is seeing the same thing. It's much more interesting to see videogame photography where someone is seeking out those picture-worthy moments that weren't deliberately built as such.
    Your point would be valid if people weren't staging screen shots. What's the problem with a screen shot of a very nice looking scene rendered in the in game engine, whether the player has control or not? A lot of the skyrim shots are so staged, using the free cam to position and get the right poses, removing the Hud, graphical tweaks which mean they can't obtain a playable frame rate but looks good in stills.

All I did was press f12 at a moment that I thought the designers had put a lot of effort in to and that it should be shared with people who might like to look at it.

So phooey.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar

See that little floaty squid guy? Looks adorable no? Well fuck those guys, I hate them with every fiber in my body.

As a monster itself they're not so diffusivity to kill or dodge, they charge where you stand so you'll have to jump or duck and kill them while they hover for a moment before charge again. Now take this level for example, every floor is slippery and has moving saw blades and spikey things as seen in the screenshot, making them very hard to dodge and kill. It's also a massive pain you can use checkpoint on slippery floors.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 12-09-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Guild Wars 2 is so amazingly beautiful <3.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze-X View Post
    Your point would be valid if people weren't staging screen shots. What's the problem with a screen shot of a very nice looking scene rendered in the in game engine, whether the player has control or not? A lot of the skyrim shots are so staged, using the free cam to position and get the right poses, removing the Hud, graphical tweaks which mean they can't obtain a playable frame rate but looks good in stills.

All I did was press f12 at a moment that I thought the designers had put a lot of effort in to and that it should be shared with people who might like to look at it.

So phooey.
    Well personally I have yet to see skyrim go below 45fps (on average it's about 50-60) and secondly what's wrong with staged screens? It takes a lot of effort freezing the game at just the right point, hiding the hud, going into freecam then trying to set the camera up to get the best possible angle (which is a pain in the ass with skyrim as the camera moves at about 100mph). In the end, they're still normal gameplay shots, just from a different angle.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Jesus Seph, did you upgrade your graphics card to one not currently thought-up in the minds of the graphics card developers?
    Dagnammit, my secret is out!

Rest can be found here. :)

Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Well personally I have yet to see skyrim go below 45fps (on average it's about 50-60) and secondly what's wrong with staged screens? It takes a lot of effort freezing the game at just the right point, hiding the hud, going into freecam then trying to set the camera up to get the best possible angle (which is a pain in the ass with skyrim as the camera moves at about 100mph). In the end, they're still normal gameplay shots, just from a different angle.
    I don't think he was saying there's anything wrong with that. He was just trying to make a point that capturing a fleeting moment during a cutscene is no less a valid shot than one by someone who spends ages staging shots in Skyrim. Whilst I realise you take yours whilst playing and capture moments from your gameplay, there are plenty who load up all the graphical mods and lighting tweaks etc purely just to take shots. Changing the lighting and DoF on a shot by shot basis. Not actually playing the game like that.