Page 196 of 644 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 12878
  1. #3901
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    147
    Crysis 2, the screenshot i'm most proud of ever.

    Last edited by Kamikaze-X; 11-09-2012 at 10:39 PM.

  2. #3902
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,239
    Thefirst one looks like from some movie,good job man :D

  3. #3903
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,028
    I don't mean to put you down, but the thing I don't like about those screenshots is you basically are taking a still from a movie scene. Even if you're controlling your character at that point, you're still being lead through a scene constructed to have you looking in the right place at the right time. Same for any game cut scenes really. They can make good looking screenshots, but every player is seeing the same thing. It's much more interesting to see videogame photography where someone is seeking out those picture-worthy moments that weren't deliberately built as such.

  4. #3904
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,240
    But there are games out there comprised almost entirely of cutscenes, like Fahrenheit or To the Moon.

  5. #3905
    Network Hub magnus1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The plains of Leng
    Posts
    173
    My nice new car;
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

  6. #3906
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,903
    Skyrim







  7. #3907
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,903







  8. #3908
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,495
    Jesus Seph, did you upgrade your graphics card to one not currently thought-up in the minds of the graphics card developers? Damn.

    Darksiders 2: Side Darker

    So things have gone a little to Hell...


    Vortexes? Check. Lava? Check. Charred...everything? Check.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

  9. #3909
    Network Hub Bungle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    155






    The mythical DayZ Hacker Fairy visited me tonight and dropped a bunch of colored smoke grenades on me and my friend. thanks for not killing us, benevolent hacker! I still hope you get banned!

  10. #3910
    Network Hub SirDavies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    497
    Thirty Flights of Loving:



    Mirror's Edge:


    Limbo:


    Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers:

  11. #3911
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,636
    That Mirrors Edge one is just great.

  12. #3912
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Jesus Seph, did you upgrade your graphics card to one not currently thought-up in the minds of the graphics card developers? Damn.
    You honestly don't need a good graphics card to make things extreme dark with high contrast.

  13. #3913
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    But there are games out there comprised almost entirely of cutscenes, like Fahrenheit or To the Moon.
    I don't think that's at all relevant. I'm talking about the difference between the game saying "look at this cool scene we made for you" and the player spotting screenshot opportunities for himself based on less deliberate combinations of terrain/weather/lighting/action or whatever.

  14. #3914
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,077
    Speaking as a daily lurker and appreciator of this thread, I'm happy to take both cool manufactured scenes as well as the more classic gaming photography. The shot in question is fantastic, although a tiny and treacherous part of my brain squeaked "teal and orange!" and giggled.

  15. #3915
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    I don't mean to put you down, but the thing I don't like about those screenshots is you basically are taking a still from a movie scene. Even if you're controlling your character at that point, you're still being lead through a scene constructed to have you looking in the right place at the right time. Same for any game cut scenes really. They can make good looking screenshots, but every player is seeing the same thing. It's much more interesting to see videogame photography where someone is seeking out those picture-worthy moments that weren't deliberately built as such.
    Your point would be valid if people weren't staging screen shots. What's the problem with a screen shot of a very nice looking scene rendered in the in game engine, whether the player has control or not? A lot of the skyrim shots are so staged, using the free cam to position and get the right poses, removing the Hud, graphical tweaks which mean they can't obtain a playable frame rate but looks good in stills.

    All I did was press f12 at a moment that I thought the designers had put a lot of effort in to and that it should be shared with people who might like to look at it.

    So phooey.

  16. #3916
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,603


    See that little floaty squid guy? Looks adorable no? Well fuck those guys, I hate them with every fiber in my body.

    As a monster itself they're not so diffusivity to kill or dodge, they charge where you stand so you'll have to jump or duck and kill them while they hover for a moment before charge again. Now take this level for example, every floor is slippery and has moving saw blades and spikey things as seen in the screenshot, making them very hard to dodge and kill. It's also a massive pain you can use checkpoint on slippery floors.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 12-09-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

  17. #3917
    Guild Wars 2 is so amazingly beautiful <3.








  18. #3918
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze-X View Post
    Your point would be valid if people weren't staging screen shots. What's the problem with a screen shot of a very nice looking scene rendered in the in game engine, whether the player has control or not? A lot of the skyrim shots are so staged, using the free cam to position and get the right poses, removing the Hud, graphical tweaks which mean they can't obtain a playable frame rate but looks good in stills.

    All I did was press f12 at a moment that I thought the designers had put a lot of effort in to and that it should be shared with people who might like to look at it.

    So phooey.
    Well personally I have yet to see skyrim go below 45fps (on average it's about 50-60) and secondly what's wrong with staged screens? It takes a lot of effort freezing the game at just the right point, hiding the hud, going into freecam then trying to set the camera up to get the best possible angle (which is a pain in the ass with skyrim as the camera moves at about 100mph). In the end, they're still normal gameplay shots, just from a different angle.

    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Jesus Seph, did you upgrade your graphics card to one not currently thought-up in the minds of the graphics card developers?
    Dagnammit, my secret is out!

  19. #3919








    Rest can be found here. :)

  20. #3920
    Network Hub Chaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Gloucester, UK
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Well personally I have yet to see skyrim go below 45fps (on average it's about 50-60) and secondly what's wrong with staged screens? It takes a lot of effort freezing the game at just the right point, hiding the hud, going into freecam then trying to set the camera up to get the best possible angle (which is a pain in the ass with skyrim as the camera moves at about 100mph). In the end, they're still normal gameplay shots, just from a different angle.
    I don't think he was saying there's anything wrong with that. He was just trying to make a point that capturing a fleeting moment during a cutscene is no less a valid shot than one by someone who spends ages staging shots in Skyrim. Whilst I realise you take yours whilst playing and capture moments from your gameplay, there are plenty who load up all the graphical mods and lighting tweaks etc purely just to take shots. Changing the lighting and DoF on a shot by shot basis. Not actually playing the game like that.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •