Page 207 of 553 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 11046
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    BF3 Kharg Island, hardcore.

Kind of a dick move to land on an enemy carrier( I have no idea how to land on that tiny mountain road on Russian Base), but that was on the full 64/64 server so risk was very high. Enemy AA was too busy trying to snipe people far away so I just landed the plane, repaired it, waited for Viper to take off and fly away, then I shot it down.

Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    Nobody expects the Malkavian Inquisition! Whoever wrote these dialogues is a mad genius.
    I absolutely love the Malkavian dialogues in this game! Some scratch the fourth wall quite extensively. I have to play Bloodlines again... wasn't there a new fan patch just recently? Always a good reason to start a new game - as if there would be any other reason other than the game being genius :D
    currently playing: XCOM: Enemy Within

Steam/GFWL/PSN: namefinder

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Less madness and more crashing (although they are genius those dialogues):

Shit, Project Cars looks amazing. How hardcore of a simulation is it and is it playable with a gamepad at all?
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Yeah looks incredible and I echo wanting to know more about it!

EDIT

didn't see this sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    I ran into the same Gigantic Bunny, and no I didn't play SR2. What's it all about?

Thinking about it this doesn't really offer any more explanation...
    Last edited by Sketch; 30-09-2012 at 09:40 PM.

LoL Kataras, those are some nice screenshots even with all the accidents happening around :p

Quote Originally Posted by ado View Post
    Shit, Project Cars looks amazing. How hardcore of a simulation is it and is it playable with a gamepad at all?
    I play it with a DualShock 3 and im on top 3 in some tracks.

Last edited by LeviathanPT; 01-10-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    Chivalry is a lot of fun.
    Nice shots, that game looks sweet. Can't wait to try it out soon.

GTAIV

Shogun 2

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ado View Post
    I think it can be as hardcore as you want it. You can toggle assists/racing lines etc on and off, you can even have the AI take over and just watch... I m playing with the keyboard and I only managed to finish one lap (out of 5) without crashing last night after a few months but I think that's more down to my incompetence. I can imagine that a wheel might be better but I could not say about a gamepad as I don't have one. Nevertheless there are options to tweak every possible input method.

The cars handle differently and it also depends on the weather. Some of the cars I just can't drive at all while some I can. AI is a bit clumsy I think (or maybe it's me!). Lastly, I ve never played a racing sim before. I don't know if any of this helps. I really like the game and I ve only played the DIRT games and NFS.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Shortly after a scene depicting the implied rape of a young girl, I apply the Hot Rod Mod to my Bolo Machete.

This is a game with some serious tone issues.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl (with Complete Mod 2009)

Ed: It's my first time ever playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as I wanted somthing to play during my mid-semester break, and stalker won the vote (or got as close to winning as any of the games were going to get) in the "Wot you're playing" thread.

Today was my first day in the zone. It began with me discovering that not only do I not know who I am, but that no one else seems to either. The solution then? to go on a dangerous quest to kill a man who probably does because the previous me who did know who we are must've disliked said man.

On the flipside, I met some people. they seem nice..

After listening to the Russian singing for a while I was given a quest to find a guy and retrieve a thingy-ma-jig. Which went off without a hitch thanks to some nearby stalkers who seemed happy to do all the work and get none of the loot. Not even the belongings of there fallen comrades.
    After returning the thingy-ma-jig to chubbybunkerman, and looting more corpses, I was told I needed to travel further into the zone to see a man about a dog. Or steal things from a heavily guarded facility. It was one of those options..

"So how Wheelz, do you plan on stealing a dog from a heavily guarded facility?" I hear you ask. Well see, their's this tunnel I found:

But when I whisper gently in its ear, kiss its cheek, and then quietly try to enter..

It attempts to electrocute me :(
    Last edited by Wheelz; 02-10-2012 at 03:44 AM. Reason: explanation

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Day #1 Cont.

oh well, I didn't really mean the things I whispered to it anyway.

fortunately for me, just up the way is a bridge:

"Why hello there sweet bridge, you'll be my friend won't you? You'll let me whisper sweet nothings in your ear, and then slip right on und.."

"Oh, I see you've met someone else."

Could we hurry this up officer? Because, you know, FUCKING ZOMBIES!

Another reference. Still inexplicable.

This shot was not taken mid-crash. The trash truck was balanced like that:

Should have left the stunts to Evel Knievel.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    oh well, I didn't really mean the things I whispered to it anyway.

fortunately for me, just up the way is a bridge:

snip

"Why hello there sweet bridge, you'll be my friend won't you? You'll let me whisper sweet nothings in your ear, and then slip right on und.."

snip

"Oh, I see you've met someone else."
    You should set up a separate thread with a photo diary of your adventures in STALKER. It's been so long since I played it that I'd love to see it through a first time players eyes.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Duck View Post
    You should set up a separate thread with a photo diary of your adventures in STALKER. It's been so long since I played it that I'd love to see it through a first time players eyes.
    Yeah I thought about that, but I wasn't sure if there would be enough interest. Might do it tomorrow, If I do, then I'll copy over Day 1 before adding Day 2's adventures.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Duck View Post
    +1 for that, a few more AARs round here would be nice
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I bought Anachronox the other day and was thinking of doing one for that since I've never played it, but I don't know how well suited the game is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
    +1 for that, a few more AARs round here would be nice
    I actually thought about doing it when I started my last Crusader Kings 2 game as the count of Argyll. And there certainly has been enough memorable happenings for it to have been interesting. In the end though I decided against it. I don't know that my capabilities as a writer would do it justice and with English not being my first language that might exacerbate that problem.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    haha your last sentence is pretty ironic. I'm sure your AAR would be fine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Less madness and more crashing (although they are genius those dialogues):
    Have the tracks and weather system been fleshed out yet? I joined in the pCARS experiment a year ago, but the state of the tracks made me put it aside till they were more "complete".
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Project CARS - Pre-Alpha - Build 313