Page 214 of 674 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 13465
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    Is this modded or anything? It looks like a drawing.
    Just plain PS2, as far as I can see. Bit hard to mod an MP-only game (but then again, people have apparently done all sorts of things to how BF3 looks, so maybe not...)
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    How did you get past the controls? I felt like having your characters ankes tied together.
    How do you mean? Problems controlling a single character or dealing with the party?

Normally I use the camera which stays centered on the character I'm controlling. Then middle mouse controls the rotate and pitch nicely. Moving character around is done by a combination of left-clicking and occasionally WASD. I'll admit they sometimes get in each others way and the pathfinding can't get around - this is where the WASD often comes in handy. In terms of single-character control though I find it handles basically like Dragon Age.

Dealing with a party is trickier, as the basic AI is dumb as all fuck and you need to learn that certain of the "Broadcast Commands" options need to be used carefully. For example, using the "Guard Me" one means your companions with constantly change target during fights, getting Attack of Opportunity'd all to fuck and being generally inefficient. Or the "Follow Me" command, which sees them follow you then stand around watching you/others get attacked. Basically use "Attack Nearest" or "Stand Your Ground", the latter if you're trying to disarm traps or not engage more enemies.
    That's the main problem I have anyway. The rest of the AI can be fixed by thoroughly going through the Behaviour options menu (possibly installing that praised AI mod too, which adds an imperial fucktonne more options).

Honestly the party control doesn't bother me much as I play NWN2 to relax. I throw it into Normal or Easy mode and mostly control my main character only. There's enough in the game to infuriate you on harder difficulty levels, even if you meticulously command your party, just due to the nature of game and rules it uses.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Having either of the expansions solves the camera and control issues.

More Chivalry shots

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    XCOM

The back of this plane looks like some kind of annoyed face. Maybe an annoyed toad face.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
    Just plain PS2, as far as I can see. Bit hard to mod an MP-only game (but then again, people have apparently done all sorts of things to how BF3 looks, so maybe not...)
    Yeah, no mods; everything is set to medium except texture detail and something else set to high..models maybe. I'm surprised at how well this game runs on my computer, given all the talk I've heard about performance issues, coming from people with better PCs than mine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Having either of the expansions solves the camera and control issues.
    I heard they made some changes, but I can't remember what it was like to play NWN2 without any of them installed.

Wow thanks Casimir, I guess I'll hunt out the boxed copy of NWN2 that I bought then promptly forgot about. :p

Kill it with fire.

She gets the point.

Nice shooting -.-

OH MY GOD!!! Pringles are half price!
    Last edited by duff; 15-10-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Dishonored

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Hamburger Hill.

The exhilaration you get from a battle like this is really lost in screenshots. Especially since the draw distance seems to randomly make stuff disappear - in that last screenshot there were about a dozen tanks roaring out of the enemy base towards us, and a half a dozen or so of those portable turrets set up on their cliffs. By far the most intense territory struggle I've had in Planetside; a total war of attrition by the end, with us NC just throwing ourselves up the hill over and over again, the TR having a huge advantage with the base being a landing pad and ground vehicle spawn point, and pretty a 360 degree over-watch.

Shame on me for double posting. But that tree in the last shot was hiding the phallic symbol of our demise.

Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Dishonored

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Camouflage is the colour of fear... We have no need to hide from our foes... We have no fear of death. Our colours we wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "We are proud to live - We are proud to die!!!

Last edited by DaftPunk; 15-10-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Now i'm pretty good in battle mod,but in base mode..ouch.