Page 239 of 671 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,780 of 13418
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by byteCrunch View Post
    I believe it is to do with LOD, the geometry is mipmapped down, creating these missing pixels when it gets rasterized. You see it a lot on geometry with transparent textures, when the texture mipmapped down, gaps begin to appear which are then transparent so are missing altogether. Giving the appearance of missing pixels.

Or at least that is my best guess as someone who only dabbles in OpenGL.
    Cheers! That makes good sense either way.

Rome: Total War (Darthmod)

Their attempt to assault my ford-defending army has led to what I like to call "A Carthaginian Clusterfuck"

There was actually another crossing point in the background, but I guess that was beneath them or something

It did not go well for them once I committed the War Elephants and exhausted my archers

Spot the guy regretting his life choices up to this point!

I cant tell which is which :( I presume you are Scipii, but elephants are Carthage? Or no? Am I stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    I cant tell which is which :( I presume you are Scipii, but elephants are Carthage? Or no? Am I stupid?
    Ha! I didn't think of that. This battle is happening in Spain as my Scipii have beaten the Carthaginians out of Africa. Along the way I hired some elephant merceneries. So all the guys in white with crescent moons on their banners and shields are the poor folk of Carthage. My guys fight in blue, but only the Roman ones; and this army has quite a few merc units (some are used as cannon fodder, others are useful as I can't produce them [such as archers or elephants]) in who are pretty multicoloured.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Does anyone graphically-minded know what's going on with the patterning on the figure to the left?
    Great shots.
    Thanks man and well spotted! :) Surprised I didn't see that.

Ha! I didn't think of that. This battle is happening in Spain as my Scipii have beaten the Carthaginians out of Africa. Along the way I hired some elephant merceneries. So all the guys in white with crescent moons on their banners and shields are the poor folk of Carthage. My guys fight in blue, but only the Roman ones; and this army has quite a few merc units (some are used as cannon fodder, others are useful as I can't produce them [such as archers or elephants]) in who are pretty multicoloured.
    That is excellent then. I have enjoyed RTW for so long. I never got into EB though. Maybe I should try again

Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    That is excellent then. I have enjoyed RTW for so long. I never got into EB though. Maybe I should try again
    EB as in Europa Barbarorum? This is actually Darthmod, as EB and Total Realism have always sounded too much like the sort of mod that sucks the fun out of the game

EB as in Europa Barbarorum? This is actually Darthmod, as EB and Total Realism have always sounded too much like the sort of mod that sucks the fun out of the game
    Yeah. Darth Mod looks good, I want to try it for Shogun 2. Which I havent played in a year

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Does anyone graphically-minded know what's going on with the patterning on the figure to the left?
    Great shots.
    The Witcher 2 uses dithered shadows. Since the soldier is completely covered in shadow (due to the view angle and position of the main light source, the sun), the engine dithers the affected area completely (the soldier). A good example of how shadow dithering looks in W2.

GTA 4 had the same problem. ENBSeries fixed it be supersampling all shadows. Unfortunately there isn't a custom version ofenbseries for The Witcher 2, but maybe one of the many variations of enbseries might do the trick.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic Clapper View Post
    I don't often say this...but I love the dlc in this game

Sleeping Dogs
    (3449x1940 >> 1920x1080 || Free Cam)
    Awesome shots!

Quote Originally Posted by byteCrunch View Post
    I believe it is to do with LOD, the geometry is mipmapped down
    mipmapping geometry are we? Naughty! ;)

polygons:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasteri...Basic_approach

mipmapping
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mipmap
    Steam profile

Dear Ezio

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    ^^ Awesome AC shots.

Witcher 2

Last edited by SephKing; 12-11-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

I don't remember... is there an option in the Menu to turn off the HUD in W2?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I don't remember... is there an option in the Menu to turn off the HUD in W2?
    Pretty you can bind it to a key in the options.

GTA4

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    The Witcher 2 uses dithered shadows. Since the soldier is completely covered in shadow (due to the view angle and position of the main light source, the sun), the engine dithers the affected area completely (the soldier). A good example of how shadow dithering looks in W2.

GTA 4 had the same problem. ENBSeries fixed it be supersampling all shadows. Unfortunately there isn't a custom version ofenbseries for The Witcher 2, but maybe one of the many variations of enbseries might do the trick.
    Thanks for that. I imagine any further attempt to pretty-up The Witcher 2 would lead to exploding graphics cards. One day it is my dream to tick the Ubersampling box.

Network Hub
    I hate the enb series, always makes games look worse and unrealistic. In photos you think this is nice enough but then when you try it yourself it just looks doesn't look good in real time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks for that. I imagine any further attempt to pretty-up The Witcher 2 would lead to exploding graphics cards. One day it is my dream to tick the Ubersampling box.
    The only reason I installed the game again was because I recently got a gtx680 and wanted to play it again with Ubersampling. Downloaded, ticked the uber box (with a chlidish glee), started a new game and sat watching the loading screen with bated breath .....15-30fps :'(

Quote Originally Posted by TixyLixx View Post
    I hate the enb series, always makes games look worse and unrealistic. In photos you think this is nice enough but then when you try it yourself it just looks doesn't look good in real time.
    That's just silly. Yes ok, sometimes it doesn't look as good as some screenshots imply but to say it looks worse than vanilla is ridiculous.

Maybe you've just been using bad configs (there are many for GTA). I'll upload a full 1080p video and you can see how mine looks.

Skyrim is probably the best game for showcasing how much ENB can improve a games visuals...

Before

After
    Last edited by SephKing; 12-11-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TixyLixx View Post
    what about in real life? Or in space?
    Steam profile