Page 249 of 641 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 12811
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Holy Mary Seph, are you using any mods for Chivalry? I was on the fence about getting it from the Steam sale but your pushing me over the edge. I just wish Chivalry had ranged combat like WotR. Also, I bet your so sick of being asked what mods your using. :p
    :-) Cheers bud. No i'm not using any mods. Put off buying it for a while as I'd bought WOTR but my flatmate finally convinced me to give chivalry a go and i'm glad he did. It's probably the best online game i've played this year.

Casimir following your mini aar is one of the reasons (above all)that I pop in this thread.

Although those Julii and Brutii factions are scarily large. Shits gonna get weird.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Echelon (Шторм) still looks nice for a 2001 game and plays ok too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Explosions!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    Casimir following your mini aar is one of the reasons (above all)that I pop in this thread.

Although those Julii and Brutii factions are scarily large. Shits gonna get weird.
    Thanks! I must admit I enjoy doing it and was tempted to do a full AAR when I started this playthrough. But I'm insanely busy right now so had no idea how much time I'd be able to put into Rome, and also I didn't want to feel obligated to play it in case I got tired of the game. Also this forum has those annoying image limits so formatting would be a pain.

Julii and Brutii are each about the same size as Egypt or Scythia and have quite a few units hidden all over ex-Gaul, ex-Germania and ex-Dacia. But the nice thing about making the play for Rome is you can prepare for it. Right now I've blockaded all their ports in the Mediterranean and some of the west/north Gallic Julii ones. Also, the cities I take first are their Italian ones - which are easily the most developed they have and will provide me with lost of money and easy unit reinforcement.
    So the logistics are great. The tricky part is isolating their big armies to take them out one by one, and trying to ensure the battlefield is in my favour. I'm going to have to be pretty aggressive and there's nothing like fighting uphill to ruin a battleplan.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Nice shots all around...

More pCARS MP (I never manage to finish a whole race):

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Slowly making my way through BM's levels ( I m glad I m playing this for the first time):

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ok, I take back what I said about Assassin's Creed 3. It's just the first few hours that are a bit shite. Get a LOT better after that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Last edited by SephKing; 25-11-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Main Rome campaign victory condition is to take 50 provinces including Rome

Number 49 was Rome, and number 50 was a bit anticlimactic

To finish there? Nope, that would be boring. Especially when fights such as this remain

vs the Julii for the first time. According to the campaign map I should be defending by the open coast...

oh fuck you Rome. Fuck you you foresty bastard whore.

Seriously, this is what I have to deal with. My main infantry force is hidden but it's not like tactics matter in this situation. I can't maneuver Roman units in the forest like this and I am majorly lacking in cavalry. This turns into a slugfest as you can imagine

I don't have a screenshot of the end but it wasn't pretty. Luckily* another Julii army attacked that same army which means I can show you how many men were lost in the first assault. I retreated from the original position to find a better one

Pretty good. Nice bit of coastline with NO FUCKING TREE BASTARDS**.
    Still things became a scrappy battle due to how beaten up my forces were, my lack of cavalry, and their onagers meaning I had to be more aggerssive

But all went well in the end, and here you can see how many troops died in that first Julii assault.

A lot of good Romans died; veterens of the Pontic wars. Almost 1000 dead in that first battle along with Appius the general, but at least on the Italian peninsula I can recruit fresh troops to man the legions and learn from their elders. And the remnants of the army proved strong in the face of overwhelming odds.
    Scipii marches onwards.

*there was nothing lucky about it and I thought I was proper fucked
    **APART FROM THAT ONE TREE BASTARD IN THE SCREENSHOT
    Last edited by Casimir Effect; 26-11-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hitman Absolution

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Ok, I take back what I said about Assassin's Creed 3. It's just the first few hours that are a bit shite. Get a LOT better after that.
    It's well known that all of the Assassin's Creed games have a ten hour tutorial. What do you say about the game though? The WIT was rather devastating.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Assuming you haven't gone the way of the heathen and moved onto consoles, it's nice to see that they've bothered to put some effort into porting...
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
    Assuming you haven't gone the way of the heathen and moved onto consoles, it's nice to see that they've bothered to put some effort into porting...
    Why? Because of the button prompt? You know people use gamepads on pc, right?

Or did I misread your comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
    AS3 isn't even out on pc yet, is it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    AS3 isn't even out on pc yet, is it?
    As of last week it is.