Page 250 of 627 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 12522
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    As of last week it is.
    Bloody Nora, didn't even realise.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Why? Because of the button prompt? You know people use gamepads on pc, right?

Or did I misread your comment?
    True enough - I'd be a bit surprised if they've gone to the effort of detecting if a Gamepad is being used and changing the on-screen key prompt specifically to reflect this, though! Possible, but the AC series has certainly asked KB&M users to try and use Gamepad keys before.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
    True enough - I'd be a bit surprised if they've gone to the effort of detecting if a Gamepad is being used and changing the on-screen key prompt specifically to reflect this, though! Possible, but the AC series has certainly asked KB&M users to try and use Gamepad keys before.
    In previous ass creed games on PC, they didn't change the on-screen key prompt from keyboard+mouse to gamepad, they just left it as gamepad. You'd always be told to press the symbolic buttons from the gamepad regardless of what you had them bound as with your keyboard. It's why in every cutscene with a QTE in AC2, I'd fail and get hit with a vase or a stone or whatever.

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar

BRAZEN prototype (from Humble Amnesia Fortnight)

What Beerzerker does best in the face of danger.

Only to be swept away moments later.

7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    In previous ass creed games on PC, they didn't change the on-screen key prompt from keyboard+mouse to gamepad, they just left it as gamepad.
    Huh. I wasn't aware of that. I know the ports of the AC series are very ... basic, to say the least, but that ...

@ Danny252: Considering that, your comment makes a lot of sense, actually.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    True enough - I'd be a bit surprised if they've gone to the effort of detecting if a Gamepad is being used and changing the on-screen key prompt specifically to reflect this, though!
    Lots of multiplatform games do this. It's not a lot of effort, especially with a 360 controller.

Huh. I wasn't aware of that. I know the ports of the AC series are very ... basic, to say the least, but that ...

I think only AC2 does this, but later titled displayed the proper key.

Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    Reminds me of when I first got Dark Souls, everything displays the gamepad keys, so I couldn't even figure out how to exit menus or even the game! Hint: backspace.

I just completed Tomb Raider: Anniversary a few weeks ago. Since I also finished the original game in Glidos back in 2005, I now had screenshots for both games and decided to make a slideshow comparing them. There was a similar thing in the remake itself, but it was pretty limited.

Click HERE to see the slideshow. Note that it loads 112 images under the hood, so you may have to wait until it has finished doing that before the PREV/NEXT links work.

Also note SPOILERS! I didn't skip anything if I had the right screenshot pair, and that goes for bosses and late game level areas as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Nice comparasion shots Chordian,i did something similar long time ago for first Far Cry and Crysis when it came out :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chordian View Post
    I just completed Tomb Raider: Anniversary a few weeks ago. Since I also finished the original game in Glidos back in 2005, I now had screenshots for both games and decided to make a slideshow comparing them. There was a similar thing in the remake itself, but it was pretty limited.

Click HERE to see the slideshow. Note that it loads 112 images under the hood, so you may have to wait until it has finished doing that before the PREV/NEXT links work.

Also note SPOILERS! I didn't skip anything if I had the right screenshot pair, and that goes for bosses and late game level areas as well.
    That was very cool to click through, fair play for putting it together. It's tweaked my nostalgia for that game enough that I think i'll pick up anniversary and play through it again for old times sake. Very fond memories of playing those games on the playstation one with my family.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In my mind, Hitman and the dude of Assasin Creed is the same person.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Whats in the end of Anniversary,was that alien ship i saw in screenies :o

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    It's well known that all of the Assassin's Creed games have a ten hour tutorial. What do you say about the game though? The WIT was rather devastating.
    I think the game is fantastic. It's easily the best AC yet (for me) because it takes basically the two things the games do -- running and fighting -- and makes them smoother, slicker, and more beautiful.

For example! Free running now only requires one button to be held down (right trigger). Can you believe it took them 5 games to figure that out!? Combat is now very smooth and fun, where I felt the others had pretty stiff and slow combat. It also adds guns to the mix very well. I'm surprised how well it all works. The naval missions are awesome. The frontier area is gorgeous and a great place to explore.

The story is missing at least one sequence (meaning I think it feels hurried, especially the conclusion , but it's still quite good (the in-animus stuff anyway.)

There's a huge new system of building and trading goods, but there's almost nothing you can do with the money you make, so it's kind of silly. It's totally optional, though.

I actually found it a surprisingly focused experience, all told (I've beaten the game and have ~75% sync with 30 hours in the game).

So, yeah. Recommended. Also, a screenshot!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    Worth to mention that in all AC up to AC3 the button prompt it shows you it's not actually the XBOX key but the puppet system used by the game. Although they have the same colours.
    There are keys for head, armed hand, empty hand and feet, combined with the high or low profile to create all the actions, as seen here(this picture never gets old for me).

/fanboyish pedantism
    Anyway, screenshots. Comparing this with AC3 by SephKing is ridiculous, but anyway.

Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Lesser Hivemind Node

Yeah, Phish's comment was what I was getting at. I mostly brought it up as I seem to recall that the previous (or one of them anyway, I can't tell what the series ordering is without looking it up) AC game actually did go the whole hog and give proper PC icons - I don't recall being asked to press button B, anywho.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Okay kids, Guess The Game or Guess The Release Year

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Vietcong, 2003?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    It's well known that all of the Assassin's Creed games have a ten hour tutorial. What do you say about the game though? The WIT was rather devastating.
    ....what Giaddon said :-)

@Danny252 - It's probably the best port yet.

Regarding the button prompts. You have to choose either controller or M&K in the menu and it will change the button prompts accordingly.

@somini - Nice shots squire. AC2 had some really stunning locations. This was my favorite:

Chivalry

Secondary Hivemind Nexus