Page 253 of 628 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,060 of 12541
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    First addition for me. Question - does anyone know how to remove the HUD in Sleeping Dogs?

2012-11-28_00003.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    It's no easier but it has more to explore, while Albion Prelude is an expansion produced to bridge the gap between TC and Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    What with Agent 47 face,he looks different.
    They've changed his face a little bit with every game. By the looks of it, they've also changed his fashion sense. Skinny ties and narrow lapels? How chic!

The beginnings of a long journey, BG:EE.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    First addition for me. Question - does anyone know how to remove the HUD in Sleeping Dogs?
    I can't remember where exactly but it's in the main options menu somewhere. You don't need any mods.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar

Torchlight II

Thus ends my first foray into Torchlight II; ​it shall not be the last. The death haiku is a nice touch.

Lainey, we barely knew you.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    The beginnings of a long journey, BG:EE.
    Heh. It took me 70h to beat BG1 and ToSC. After ten hours please write a detail post about the EE version of this game. how it compares to modded one, is new stuff worth the purchase.

and are you playing on mac or pc?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    You know, I have to say that the BG:EE shots going around the web today are very underwhelming. Considering the time it took and the delays for them to get it out, it really doesn't look at all that much better than the original. Some of the backgrounds look better, some of the buildings do too and the menus and character sheets have nicer looking text. But not by much.

But the character sprites, the inventory page, they look very old. Perhaps they spent more time with bugs and the mechanics than the appearance of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post

Lainey, we barely knew you.
    Atleast the cats okay.

Jesus Phish - Baldurs Gate + BG2 are one of the games that for me don't age too badly at all. Once you use BG Tutu and play in your native resolution the experience is pretty much preserved. The isometric backgrounds will always look nice, okay the sprites are a bit naff but they're definitely functional. The 2nd edition ruleset is a bit clunky and opaque to newcomers but then isn't that what playing a D&D RPG game is all about? The writing and the characters will never age and they are 90% of the game.

If I was making an EE I would try and do two main things. Firstly 'aggro link' the enemies, so you can't just inch forward and pull them out one at a time, bit cheesey but we've all done it. Secondly some of the spells need balancing, Hold Person for example can pretty much win you any fight if you manage to catch a couple of people stood close to each other and they fail the saving roll. From what I know the EE contains neither of these things? And is it compatible with mods? If not I won't get it and Baldur's Gate is pretty much my favourite game of all time.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    It's no easier but it has more to explore, while Albion Prelude is an expansion produced to bridge the gap between TC and Rebirth.
    thanks for the tips. I think I will fool around a bit more in Albion and get a feel for it and then move to TC. Seemed to me like the Albion war missions might make it easier to get to know the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    If I was making an EE I would try and do two main things. Firstly 'aggro link' the enemies, so you can't just inch forward and pull them out one at a time, bit cheesey but we've all done it. Secondly some of the spells need balancing, Hold Person for example can pretty much win you any fight if you manage to catch a couple of people stood close to each other and they fail the saving roll. From what I know the EE contains neither of these things? And is it compatible with mods? If not I won't get it and Baldur's Gate is pretty much my favourite game of all time.
    You can pull the enemies one at a time? I have played through BG2 two times and didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    You can pull the enemies one at a time? I have played through BG2 two times and didn't know that.
    Yeh sure, if you just inch one guy foward (usually your tank) a tiny bit at a time you can pull enemies one at a time. I think in BG2 the ai is a little better and will sometimes swarm forward, but not in BG1. You can even use this tactic in the last fight in BG1 which really takes the sting (and fun) out of it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Last time I played BG1 that wasn't the case. Maybe one of the mods I was using fixed it but otherwise I got swarmed like a motherfucker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    thanks for the tips. I think I will fool around a bit more in Albion and get a feel for it and then move to TC. Seemed to me like the Albion war missions might make it easier to get to know the basics.
    Maybe. Both games have an extended tutorial style storyline that isn't very difficult and gives you a few ships. TC has more plot-type missions after that, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Yeh sure, if you just inch one guy foward (usually your tank) a tiny bit at a time you can pull enemies one at a time. I think in BG2 the ai is a little better and will sometimes swarm forward, but not in BG1. You can even use this tactic in the last fight in BG1 which really takes the sting (and fun) out of it.
    I remember using spells like fireball to blast foes out of sight in the first game; they would just stand there and take it. You could even sleep to rememorize the spells. The game was quite easily exploitable.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Far Cry 3, need to find a way to turn off the distance blurring. Setting post processing to low doesn't do anything.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Does ENBseries work with Far Cry 3? That would probably help with the distance blurring. I imagine there will be a Far Cry 3 version soon enough.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    This shots are from mode Become A Legend,i have created myself (Marko Ilič),my team is NAC Breda (Eredivisie - netherlands league). I am their main CF,best scorer on the team and in the whole league (Still,so far we had only 5 matches,2 training and three real ones).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Here i will present my team and myself. Will keep posting as try to go up in my football career.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Far Cry 3

For the moment I m getting pissed off with the hand-holding, hope it stops soon. MP seems to be like COD but prettier.