Page 258 of 658 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 13144

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Duck View Post
    Edit: this was a reply to Fontan about Arma 2.

I know.

I'm not entirely sure that's the only reason for the way I feel though. I can't quite put my finger on it but when playing FC3 I feel like I'm in a video game. Playing Arma has a different feel. It's something to do with the overall tone of the game. Colour palette and stuff like that. I'm not an artist so I lack the vocabulary to express what I mean. Highly frustrating. It's also something to do with FC3 obviously being centerered around me while Chernarus or Fakeghanistan are just "a place", not caring what I do or even if I do anything. Gah, I can't find the proper words.
    I do understand you, though. I haven't played Far Cry 3 yet and probably won't for a while, but I believe what you feel is what I felt from Assassin's Creed to Assassin's Creed 2. Regardless of the quality of each game, I always felt the cities and overall scenery was more believable and realistic in the first game, and I always felt the color palette of the first game to be responsible.
    Last edited by Fontan; 04-12-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Holy shit, Axis & Allies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    Holy shit, Axis & Allies.
    I still have that on CD somewhere.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
    Is this from Dishonoured?? I like the Mirror's Edge-meets-Gotham look.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    It's not. Kind of reminds me of Love, though its too clean looking to be that.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Is this from Dishonoured?? I like the Mirror's Edge-meets-Gotham look.
    It's from AssCreed:(No)Revelations
    But yeah, I really loved the look of the forgotten archives, or whatever those levels were called. That tower reminds me a lot of the Citadel of HL2. Really like the lightning and atmosphere of that particular level.
    The last screenshot I actually used as my wallpaper for quite some time. Really love the look.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Also, the print screen button does work but I actually like to play the game without the HUD. That was the main reason I wanted it.
    Seph, how's playing the game without the HUD? I keep wishing I could remove it or at least make it a lot smaller, as I think would make it harder and more interesting. It spoils most of the exploration...

Also those shots look amazing!

Just finished the story in FC3, around 30 hours in, and was thinking a warrior difficulty no hud run next. Can you link that program you use Seph?
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
    It's from AssCreed:(No)Revelations
    But yeah, I really loved the look of the forgotten archives, or whatever those levels were called. That tower reminds me a lot of the Citadel of HL2. Really like the lightning and atmosphere of that particular level.
    The last screenshot I actually used as my wallpaper for quite some time. Really love the look.
    It was the watercoloured skybox that had me thinking Dishonoured.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Seph, how's playing the game without the HUD? I keep wishing I could remove it or at least make it a lot smaller, as I think would make it harder and more interesting. It spoils most of the exploration...

Also those shots look amazing!
    Thanks man :-) It's so much more immersive without the HUD and it definitely makes the game a lot harder without the mini map (in a good way). I especially prefer it when you use stealth to take over enemy strongholds. Plus it's nice just to be able to explore the island without having a pop up every 2 minutes telling you to do the next mission.

@JNX - You can get it here http://www.cheathappens.com/18784-PC-Far_Cry_3_cheats . You have to pay for membership though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Plus it's nice just to be able to explore the island without having a pop up every 2 minutes telling you to do the next mission.
    Ah this sounds exactly like what I was looking for, those prompts really get on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    @ rsherhod

We haven't been through anything, at least not to my knowledge, as I have absolutely no idea as to who you are. Furthermore, feel free to contact a mod to bitch, moan, and complain. Though I doubt it'll do any good.

@ DaftPunk

No it isn't mate. I re-read the ToS and perused the FAQ, there isn't a single mention of photo file size restrictions. Seems like the type of person that trods about the web looking for things to bemoan about.
    Maybe something should be added then. Way back on page 178 I advised people to not embed large image files (that time it was 24-bit PNGs).

However, a bit of common sense ought to suggest that making people download a bunch of 8Mb BMP files is poor form.

Planetside 2 on ultra via .ini tweaking. ~ 22-30 FPS (from 50+ on my normal settings)

Though I hate fighting in Biolabs, they look great from outside.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    It was the watercoloured skybox that had me thinking Dishonoured.
    It's actually from a DLC, Last (but still no) Revelations
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Network Hub
    The problem with Planetside 2 is the bases are massive but the indoor area is tiny.

Obscure Node
    Verra nice, i must say. Now, lets see what happens when actual tactics come into play.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Here is my report of first season at Nac Breda.

Also we didn't make to the world cup,i got red card so i missed game with Portugal(3-0).

Now there is a real chance that Udinese or Sao Paulo buys me,i just need to put my best show in next match.

Ps. Got 2 focus points,so i spend them on dribbling which is now 5.

I think for difficulty settings Top Player the statistics are quite impressive even for Eredivise league,next,last settings are SuperStar.