Page 271 of 552 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 11034
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Jesus sonson, you'd be a natural for Sega marketing, but your true calling is selling computer upgrades. *scowls impotently at Newegg and my bank balance*
    My new PC cost 700, I have no idea whether that's a lot or otherwise for others but I feel as though I can confidently say that you can play pretty much anything on it very well for that investment. I know there are PC's for however many thousands but I can honestly say that I don't know why.

Was made by Chillblast, who I love http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast...Hurricane.html

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Unlike you, other people have other hobbies.
    let me guess, you collect toys? have a thousand little cartoon characters on your desk?
    Maybe someday they will be worth something.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    let me guess, you collect toys? have a thousand little cartoon characters on your desk?
    Maybe someday they will be worth something.
    I collect experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    My new PC cost 700, I have no idea whether that's a lot or otherwise for others but I feel as though I can confidently say that you can play pretty much anything on it very well for that investment. I know there are PC's for however many thousands but I can honestly say that I don't know why.
    I can "play" pretty much anything, but it won't look as nice as yours does.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Those are some glorious shots... I have 2 questions: are you using a graphical mod and how do you remove the hud?
    I would like to see more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Those are some glorious shots... I have 2 questions: are you using a graphical mod and how do you remove the hud?
    I would like to see more of them.
    I am using a tremendous mod although it's purely aesthetic rather than anything technical to the best of my knowledge, just a change in the mons and uniforms. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=443949 (That page is huge to load, just as a warning, becuase it's full of non-hidden screenshots). It makes things look more natural and less wargamey which i think helps, the fauna and enviroments in Shogun 2 are glorious and I think better complimented by armies in subdued tones as opposed to the default samurai in glorious technicolor. Otherwise it's everything turned up to max, no tweaks or tinkering or anything.

I haven't tried, but want to, this one as well if you're looking-http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=540561. It changes all of the faction Daimyo into a unique and historically accurate model. I don't want to load it now in case it borks my campaign save but if I had done my faction Daimyo would have looked like this:

As opposed to a baldy man : (

HUD is removed by pressing K. I'll add some more pics as my campaign progresses for sure, although as above if I want to win I'll have to record my games and go back to screenshot them after. Never before has a game offered such incredible graphics at the expense of not having a clue as to what's actually happening.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    in this day and age, you STILL need to upgrade your PC? that thing must be a special kind of lemon!

What the hell men,not everyone spent all their money on fucking computers..jeez talk about ignorance..
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    What the hell men,not everyone spent all their money on fucking computers..jeez talk about ignorance..
    Yeah I bought mine becuase my five year old one broke and it was essentially cheaper to buy a new one for the next 4 or 5 years than repair it.

I have to say that for all that I'm delighted with my new machine as a replacement, and taking screenshots is vastly more enoyable and fulfilling, I was just as happy with my old Core 2 Duo 2.33 Radeon 4890 and a 15 inch monitor when it came down to it. Most games don't need anything approaching my specs to play well and if the game is good it will be good so long as the framerates don't stop you playing. Like with Shogun 2, the fact that it's so pretty in game is not just pointless, it's also damaging to your chances if you get distracted by the shininess and mo-cap.

Had I spent 700 purley as a vanity thing I'd probably be pretty annoyed with my self in terms of how much it's improved my ability to enjoy myself over my old machine, because good games immerse you in them anyway. Games are now much more enjoyable to look at afterwards basically but at the time I don't really notice.
    Last edited by sonson; 18-12-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    HUD is removed by pressing K. I'll add some more pics as my campaign progresses for sure, although as above if I want to win I'll have to record my games and go back to screenshot them after. Never before has a game offered such incredible graphics at the expense of not having a clue as to what's actually happening.
    Thanks I will check the mods out. It looks better in my opinion with subdued colours.

I m the same, I ve spent 40 hours so far and I still don't have a clue how most things work but I m really enjoying it. Haven't managed to reach realm divide yet cause I get crushed.

Awesome shots Sonson, Shogun 2 is one of ma favourite gaimez!

Here are a few of mine:

Preparing to fight

Fighting in a keep

Fighting in a forest

Fighting (badly) on a horse

Fighting with all your friends

Last edited by duff; 18-12-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Last edited by duff; 18-12-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Awesome shots Sonson, Shogun 2 is one of ma favourite gaimez!

Here are a few of mine:

Yeah it really is a brilliant game, badly overlooked in my opinion. I've gushed about it extenseivley elsewhere so won't start here but it's the best strategy experience I've ever had all told, as a package it's more or less perfect for what it aims to be. There are lots of people who have been burnt by past TW's who would love it but can't see past the flaws of the old games, which are compeltley fixed here.

I was expecting to maybe play this campaign, one FOTS then call it a day, given how massive and time consuming it is, but I can see myself having many sessions over the next few years in spite of how much investment it requires.

I love your last picture, one of the things that I enjoyed most about the original Shogun and this one over the other TW's is that the scale isn't too far away from being historically accurate. There were battles comprising tens of thousands in the Sengoku Jidai but many of them were only a few thousand each side, and that sense of a big encounter with individul skirmishes translates brilliantly in game, the way formations start out in blocks but then splinter into little vignettes. Whereas for all their undoubted spectacle Napolenoic battles of 12,000 particiapants at most feel neutred in my opinion. Look good from right in the middle of the battle lines but then you turn around and theres a mass of space, dosen't feel right for that era.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Fuck!
    That is an awesome screenshot - you could post it onto DeviantArt called 'Tragic Death" and get 2000 goths as friends ;)

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    That is an awesome screenshot - you could post it onto DeviantArt called 'Tragic Death" and get 2000 goths as friends ;)
    I prefer "corpse carpet" in hindsight

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Some more Skyrim shots.

Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Sorry to monopolise the thread but Im bored at work, last sets from me today. I decided to dip into SR3 over the weekend (for ten hours apparently) to complete some of the challenges I have left.

Needed to increase my streaking record, so

Ta da! As you can see, there was no shortage of admirers of my gloriously green adonis bulk...

Some folk tried to ignore it but that just made me all the more determined to win them over.

Given that I was already freed from the shackles of clothes I decided to go for a swim with these people (who had forgotten to take their own clothes off for some reason)

...But had to get out again becuase there were sharks : (

So I set off on my bike looking for other things to do in Steelport, but alas...

There's was nothing else I could do for the time being...

So I quit SR3 and loaded up Dark Souls instead.

Praise the Sun!

Not my screen shot, but saw this on the Skyrim Steam Hub and just had to share it here.

Attached Images Attached Images

My first match in french league with Nice,we lost 2-1. I scored the goal in the last minutes.

... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Sorry to monopolise the thread but Im bored at work, last sets from me today.
    Hehe, was that meant to be a joke? Anyway, it is nice to see some more people post in here, screenshots of FPSes and Soccer games are getting a bit stale.

I just got SR3 gifted to me and dabbled around a bit with it. Love what I've seen so far, although I hope there will be a bit more variety in weapon selection at some point.