Page 272 of 553 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,440 of 11051
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Hehe, was that meant to be a joke? Anyway, it is nice to see some more people post in here, screenshots of FPSes and Soccer games are getting a bit stale.

I just got SR3 gifted to me and dabbled around a bit with it. Love what I've seen so far, although I hope there will be a bit more variety in weapon selection at some point.
    Lets' say it was, as that makes me look good.

If you ever want to do some co-op let me know, as I'm always up for SR3. Ninety hours and counting and I can still get lost in it.
    Last edited by sonson; 18-12-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Yeah it really is a brilliant game, badly overlooked in my opinion. I've gushed about it extenseivley elsewhere so won't start here but it's the best strategy experience I've ever had all told, as a package it's more or less perfect for what it aims to be. There are lots of people who have been burnt by past TW's who would love it but can't see past the flaws of the old games, which are compeltley fixed here.

I was expecting to maybe play this campaign, one FOTS then call it a day, given how massive and time consuming it is, but I can see myself having many sessions over the next few years in spite of how much investment it requires.
    I know exactly what you mean. I've clocked 200 hours plus in Shogun 2 and still haven't beaten the campaign. Bloody realm divide. I think I've finally faced the fact I need to mod it, otherwise you spend your whole game planning around it. Last game with Mori was going pretty well, but even my allies turned on me and I couldn't afford to fight a war on two fronts and support my navy. Speaking of navies, I know there was a lot of complaints about the lack of naval invasions in Empire TW, well not here because the AI is a right sneaky bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. I've clocked 200 hours plus in Shogun 2 and still haven't beaten the campaign. Bloody realm divide. I think I've finally faced the fact I need to mod it, otherwise you spend your whole game planning around it. Last game with Mori was going pretty well, but even my allies turned on me and I couldn't afford to fight a war on two fronts and support my navy. Speaking of navies, I know there was a lot of complaints about the lack of naval invasions in Empire TW, well not here because the AI is a right sneaky bastard.
    Have you tried converting? I went Christian as I liked the idea of inciting revolts with missionaries to compliment the nuisance of my ninjas and my devious diplomacy, and it was a cornerstone of my strategy. Revolts are more likely to occur in provinces where the agent is not from the majority religion, so basically all of Japan if you’re Christian. It’s an investment for sure but it pays off if the circumstances are right. I more or less doubled my realm through conjuring revolts and then taking the stolen settlements. Likewise, the Nanban Trade Ship can defeat full navies on its own, so it’s an effective way of having a cheap but powerful navy. I have three patrolling the seas and while it isn’t enough for majority control it’s plenty to protect myself. On the other hand my conquest has slowed to a crawl where I haven't prepared the soil so to speak so there is that. I really thought I'd thought it through but I may have exploded too quickly...

I’m really convinced though that this is as much a 4X strategy as a it is a traditional TW game. You can’t just bludgeon your way home anymore, if you don’t use all the tools at your disposal you will be at the mercy of the AI who does.

Um..so anyway. Screenshots? I mentioned a boat above so here are two from Max Payne 3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Those Shogun shots look fantastic. I really need to start that at some point, but my history with TW games is "Oooooh, new TW game, yay! *Many hours later* Oh man, oh jeez, that's...that's very late."

Anyhow, to add to the deluge of FPS screenshots! Halo: Combat is evolving! Featuring Pistol Of Covenant Bitch Slapping Superiority.

Just how low does it go?

...that low, I guess.

The thrilling Mass Effect 1 and Halo cross-over you've all been waiting for! Master Chief in a lift!

(All pics taken from the level Assault on the Control Room.)
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Last Skyrim screenie for today, will see if I can make some nice ones tomorrow.

I'm way in to Skyrim photographing.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Sacrifice

See this down here

There are two dragons (and some lesser things) guardianed to that manalith. For those who don't know Sacrifice, dragons are the 5-soul superbeast of Persephone; normally two would be hard to take, when guardianed I just don't even know.

First I threw rocks at them using spells and units

This didn't do anything. Yogo was down there healing them, although it wasn't really needed they had so much health and regen. Now I could have crafted a force specifically to take out the dragons. Casualties would be massive but my side should pull through. However, let me introduce you to Charnels superspell - Death, he's the black shape down there with scythes for arms

This guy instakills the nearest 7 units, friend or foe, and as such is made for moments like these. It's not perfect - Yogo will easily be able to collect the souls and, no longer bound to the manalith, go stomping. But that's a risk worth taking.
    And look, it was super effective

No more dragons, and shortly after, no more Yogo (that's his altar to the left).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sacrifice was the first game that made me realize gaming can be something else than just "games". I remember a phase, where you are removed from your god powers, and walk around a wasteland with a lot of things that could kill you a single shot. And the feeling whas very alien and interesting. It also has a lot of "fuck you" moments when you finnaly can steamroll the enemy god, and "oh no, fuck, fuck, fuck..." when a pair of scissors attack your army of papier and turn you army into harvesteable souls". Its a very special game for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    Sacrifice was the first game that made me realize gaming can be something else than just "games". I remember a phase, where you are removed from your god powers, and walk around a wasteland with a lot of things that could kill you a single shot. And the feeling whas very alien and interesting. It also has a lot of "fuck you" moments when you finnaly can steamroll the enemy god, and "oh no, fuck, fuck, fuck..." when a pair of scissors attack your army of papier and turn you army into harvesteable souls". Its a very special game for me.
    I remember that mission - I think it's a Stratos one where you don't have an altar so getting killed once means it's game over. And seeing as it's mission 7 or 8 there are plenty of things that can completely wreck your day if you aren't being careful.

The balance of the game is something that really needs to be praised. While a wizard can cause untold destruction on both individual and large numbers of creatures it can be so easy to get mobbed or left without mana/manahoars and so made effectively useless. There's lots of spells that can turn the tide of a battle, but you still have to be able to get the battle to that point in the first place or be able to capitalize. The wizard just plays such an important role; without it, combined arms (melee, ranged and flying altogether) armies would always win - there'd be little point in doing anything but making even numbers of troops. But with a powerful wizard leading them you could have an army entirely made up of melee who charge in when the wizard kills the flying. Then you have a massive advantage over the other guy, while he/she/it has no comparable move they can make against your single-role army.

This foray back into the world of Sacrifice has been one of the best gaming experiences of the year for me, and seeing as the game is currently $5 on gog (and may well go on further sale at some point) I encourage everyone reading this to pick it up and try it. I doubt it's a game that often makes it into "My top XX of all time*", but it will always be in the "Honourable/Special mentions" list.

*saying this it will now be in my Top Strategy Games of all time list

Guess what, office is empty again so screenshot thread will be full. There *is* room at the inn. (?)Welcome to METRO 2033 it is not a very nice place.

Place needs a bit of a tidy, maybe this guy is here to clean it up?

I've got your beautifully rendered chunky back friend

You appear to have a set of taps on your head? But ok.

I call this one "The bit that is like that bit in Jurassic Park with the herd".
    Last edited by sonson; 19-12-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Playing hide and seek with nosalises. "Found you! Your turn." But Nosalises are bad losers.

Shit got ugly.

"98,99, 100...GUNNNING ready or not bwahahahah"

The deadliest preadtor is man *sniff*

You appear to have a set of taps on your head? But ok.
    In the post-apocalyptic future, beer hats need to be durable.

Obscure Node
    Friend fired his Panzerschreck at a T34.

Only for a Russian to leap in the way and protect the tank with his face.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    My city in SimCity 4 haha,just trying how things work out,first time playing the game and tutorials suck.

... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    My city in SimCity 4 haha,just trying how things work out,first time playing the game and tutorials suck.
    Once you get the hang of balancing your budget, commute times will be the real problem. Keep that in mind when you're spacing everything so far out from one another. (Also, you don't really need to separate commercial and residential - the only difference between the two is that commercial properties like traffic and residential properties don't.)
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Guess what, office is empty again so screenshot thread will be full. There *is* room at the inn. (?)Welcome to METRO 2033 it is not a very nice place.

What a great, properly filled, shot! Took a while to notice the guy on the left.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    I just browsed through my screenshots posted in other places and this one is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    What a great, properly filled, shot! Took a while to notice the guy on the left.
    He's a continuation of the hide and seek meme established above. Maybe.

Focus on their main attacker and break him down..I get tackled allot :|

... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Activated Node
    I really need to pick up PES at some point...