Page 300 of 657 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 6,000 of 13133
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Quite new to Dark Souls, even though I copied Sephs dsfix settings, I don't have his wizardry.

Only managed to nab one shot thats worthwhile mainly because this game lets me equip a crossbow in one hand and a two handed katana in the other. I shot them and the skew them, I feel a badass

The game plays very well. I may have killed the trader and stole his sword :/
    I may have done that too. I was not entirely satisfied with the results of killing him.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Tonight's progress:

Picked up some Pyromancy skills.

Defeated the Hydra.

But most satisfyingly, defeated Havel in a straight up 1 on 1 fight. Ninja-style!

ALSO YOU GUYS PAGE 300! :U

What kind of a ninja uses a kite shield!? :P

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    If he can beat that fucker Havel, a damn awesome ninja.

Seriously, that's still my biggest feeling of fuck yea! in that game. Stripping naked, just a sword and then just dancing around that tosser until he was dead and gone. All my attempts at buffing my armor and what not didn't help. Still only took one hit to kill me. So might as well be more nimble. Good call I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Henke View Post
    But most satisfyingly, defeated Havel in a straight up 1 on 1 fight. Ninja-style!
    You hardcore. I just approached the threshold of the doorway, ran back and chucked a firebomb. He'd return to his position and I'd do it all over again.

I'm sorry but he one hit kills, guys! Nuts to that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Yeah, I view there as being three real milestones for being a "good" Dark Souls player

1. Being able to drop a Black Knight with little to no effort. I suspect most people reach this just by getting higher stats, but it is still a nice feeling since the BK is probably one of the first guys who sodomize you endlessly
    2. Being able to kill Havel solo in a "real" fight at a low SL... that mostly involves parrying and backstabbing.
    3. Being able to solo Smough and Ornstein consistently. Hell, I have been playing on and off since the PS3 version came out and I still have difficulty with this (I can win, solo, about one time out of five).

Some people put Four Kings on NG+ up there (where you really can't keep it 1on1), but I still think NG+ Smough and Ornstein are harder.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Yeah, I view there as being three real milestones for being a "good" Dark Souls player

1. Being able to drop a Black Knight with little to no effort. I suspect most people reach this just by getting higher stats, but it is still a nice feeling since the BK is probably one of the first guys who sodomize you endlessly
    2. Being able to kill Havel solo in a "real" fight at a low SL... that mostly involves parrying and backstabbing.
    3. Being able to solo Smough and Ornstein consistently. Hell, I have been playing on and off since the PS3 version came out and I still have difficulty with this (I can win, solo, about one time out of five).

Some people put Four Kings on NG+ up there (where you really can't keep it 1on1), but I still think NG+ Smough and Ornstein are harder.
    1. It was great when it turned out that the Black Knights were no longer massive road blocks.
    2. As I said, I got naked and dodged him. I couldn't parry him and not die. The only way for me, was to simply not get hit at all. I felt like a damn champ though.
    3. Still somewhat stuck in Sen's Funhouse so I haven't gotten there. Not particularly looking forward to it, as I've only heard bad things about them.

Havel is easy, you can literally run in circles around him while he tries to hit you (even at medium run speed), then backstab. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Assassins Creed 3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Wish there was a way to toggle the HUD on and off in game. Pain in the ass having to keep going into the menu.

Havel is easy, you can literally run in circles around him while he tries to hit you (even at medium run speed), then backstab. :)
    Perfectly true, but for me at least, it took many, many times of getting splattered out on the floor before getting to that point.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    And now, to one-down SephKing, more AC3, with extra animal cruelty.(EDIT:Women are not animals, I was just referring to the first two images)

Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Network Hub
    I wish I could turn the crosshairs off on Just Cause 2. Still, a gorgeous game, and quite a bit of fun so far though I'm barely an hour into it:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    And a bug.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Been playing some Train Sim on and off since I bought it last year. Even bought some DLC.

I think, if nothing else, they quite captured the feeling of riding a train in night, as well as the feeling of a station at night.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Does it simulate freezing to death on an open air platform?

Closest I can give you is these poor suckers:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    @Track, search for the Bolopatch, it has a toggleable crosshair.
    steam: sketch

I two handed the sword and slung the shield around my back. But yeah, it does hurt the look somewhat. I might just unequip shields altogether and commit to being a full time ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You hardcore. I just approached the threshold of the doorway, ran back and chucked a firebomb. He'd return to his position and I'd do it all over again.
    Thanks. :) I used long-range spells and stuff to defeat him on my first 2 playthroughs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I was SL 40, so not that low level. But quite lightly equipped and armored so he did manage to one-hit kill me a few times. Think it took me around 7-8 retries before I defeated him.

A good tactic if you have a light build and a strong weapon is to keep him backed up against the wall so you have plenty of space to manouver. Then when he revvs up for his attack back away, after he's swung close in and deliver a strong attack.