Page 302 of 657 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,040 of 13135
    Network Hub
    And a few from Just Cause 2:

Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 24-01-2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: changing .bmp images to links

A few more Dark Souls shots.

FFS DetCord, what is it with you and massive image file sizes? They're lovely shots but they weigh in at 7MB each.

Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    FFS DetCord, what is it with you and massive image file sizes? They're lovely shots but they weigh in at 7MB each.
    Just hi-res images.

Taking a screen in JPEG or any other low resolution format is akin using a disposable camera. That said, I did switch to using PNG, but it didn't seem to convert the previous two. I'll have to look into it.
    Last edited by DetCord; 23-01-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwilym View Post
    Those shots are all surprisingly atmospheric, jnx. Does the actual game feel that way?
    Yeah, it's actually a great game. Can't run it maxed out though 8[ It's almost an rpg really. You gain levels and rank in skills, you have an open world (of closed roads, but still) and take on missions. You can hire more drivers to drive your old trucks and so on. Plays well on 360 controller once you configure it to your tastes, took a while for me. You can also stream internet radios to your cabin while driving. Started listening EKR rock stream and they speak of ETS2 everyday there since it's causing a listener spike to the station lol, that's meta.

Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    Just hi-res images.

Taking a screen in JPEG or any other low resolution format is akin using a disposable camera. That said, I did switch to using PNG, but it didn't seem to convert the previous two. I'll have to look into it.
    JPEG is not a low resolution format. It is just a lossy encoding for image files. (Can also do lossless)

Png for photos is the completely wrong format. You have neither the benefit of file size nor the benefits of png nor the benefits of high color range formats. Use jpgs with 90+ quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    Those Minecraft shots are brilliant, LTK. Every time someone posts a picture of that game I really want to play it, then remember that I don't have nearly enough patience or creativity to pull something like that off. Glad that other people do, though!
    Thanks! I'm not nearly as creative as I wish I was, though. Still, building and furnishing/decorating a small, simple house can be very rewarding. The only thing of my making in that picture is a humble treehouse with two rooms and a lookout point. It promptly winked out of existence as the game crashed and corrupted the chunk I was in, including the chest full of everything I owned. Well THAT'S motivating.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Sorry Seph, meant to say thanks for this, was remiss of me.

*Thanks Seph!*
    You're welcome squire. Hope it helped.

Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic

Yet more Euro Truck Simulator 2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    I actually chuckled at the concept of ETS yesterday. Now I really want it. Is it possible to do some random free roaming at night? That would be awesomely relaxing.

Yeah, it seems like a great album-listening game. Albums run through a muffled bendy tape filter, ideally.

I like more physics-based trucking sims like Tricky Truck and Spin Tires. The only more real-world trucking sim I've tried, Rig n Roll, failed to hold my interest for long. Still, I have been eyeing ETS2 in the Steam store. Tim Stone big upping it and jnx confirming that it works well with a 360 gamepad only furthers my interest.

And yeah, some cool trucking music is a must. I'd go with CCR or some Johnny Cash. :D

Cool screenshots jnx. I have to admit that I was amazed when I found out that such games exist and people actually play them. Looking at your screens I can understand why, that looks oddly atmospherical. Now, if you told a real trucker guy that you are sitting at your screen in your leisure time, trying to immerse yourself in a game that simulates his job, I would like to see that face.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I actually chuckled at the concept of ETS yesterday. Now I really want it. Is it possible to do some random free roaming at night? That would be awesomely relaxing.
    Yeah, as I said earlier, it's world is open. It's not mission or map based that way, you can just drive wherever you please with the roads that it has. Switching high / low beams at night is just as annoying as it is in real life, but you won't get fined if you just keep high beams on. NPCs will blink highs at you though.

Btw I don't know how, but the time or routes are compressed somehow. If you look some of my screens that have a nav saying eta 5 hours, it's not 5 real hours. Haven't checked but I'd guess you can drive around 600 or 700 km in a real hour. What surprised me is that there's really a game there, not just a sim.

Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    Just hi-res images.

We went through this before back on page 257. File size issues have also come up on page 178 , albeit with somewhat more acceptable .pngs -- please don't post supergigantic uncompressed images. A 7MB file isn't very friendly to the other forum users. I've changed your images to links to those images again.

There is a FAQ item about image etiquette. Note that the King of the Screenshot Thread, Seph, manages to keep his images around 250kB.
    Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 24-01-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    We went through this before back on page 257. File size issues have also come up on page 178 , albeit with somewhat more acceptable .pngs -- please don't post supergigantic uncompressed images. A 7MB file isn't very friendly to the other forum users. I've changed your images to links to those images again.

There is a FAQ item about image etiquette. Note that the King of the Screenshot Thread, Seph, manages to keep his images around 250kB.
    He must share his secrets!

I just link mine directly from Steam, is that a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by asskicker View Post
    I just link mine directly from Steam, is that a problem?
    I don't think that would be a problem. Also, it's not like there are any actual rules about it. Just, y'know, be sensible (& sensitive to other users).

So I finished HL2 last night (again...), might move on to the episodes sometime soon...

steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.