Page 322 of 627 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,440 of 12523
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Of Orcs & Men I believe.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Of Orcs & Men I believe.

Played game for only half an hour but still i can give you some opinion. Its totally linear game with shitty gameplay and cool story and characters,graphics look good and in other scenarios bad. Wish it was made from someone more talented because its great potential for good beat'em up/Hack'n slash or proper RPG,not like this one.

Edit. I take it back,gameplay is quite similar to Dragon Age 1,its quite good and challenging. Still very linaer game,you only fight people,cutscene,go to next area,repeat fight,cutscene,repeat the same..
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 13-02-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Network Hub
    More collage of Pathologic art. 2MB image.

I'm only linking a few of them to ingame things. On Day 4, so I could discover a lot more.
    Seeing a motif of black, red and oh god keep it away.

I don't think any other game has been personal enough that I'm stopping to look at art, even with a merciless timer always running. Or maybe others games just didn't have art.

Not... quite... strong... enough.

You what, mate?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I realised I'd never played Fable: TLC regardless of the fact Fable is my absolute favourite game of all time (The first game, not the whole series), so I picked it up from Steam for cheaps (I think it's about 1.73 until the 15th, go get it!). So I think I'll be sharing some of my adventures with you guys.
    He's some advice well in advance - whatever you do, don't skip the credits.

Network Hub
    You what, mate?
    I 'ear they call 'im Chicken Chaser.

Fable does some things right, some things wrong and a lot of things Molyneux.
    Where is the Project Ego you promised us, Molyneux?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    He's some advice well in advance - whatever you do, don't skip the credits.
    I never do, simply because I like playing a game through and then watching the credits and thinking "Look at all those people who worked hard to make this for me and everyone else". Also, I played the original on the original xBox a lot so if its the continuing after you've finished the game thing then I already know :P

Quote Originally Posted by Barnox View Post
    I 'ear they call 'im Chicken Chaser.

Fable does some things right, some things wrong and a lot of things Molyneux.
    Where is the Project Ego you promised us, Molyneux?
    There's not enough Molyneux around these days

Great shots as always fella's!

I feel like I gush over peoples work too much, but loving SephKing's Need for Speed and Ravaged Shots, Joseph's blast from the past with Fable, Daft's Of Orc's and Men shots and Asskickers SpecOps show (I'm now stalking him on Steam too, hehe).

The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom:

Monks on their morning pub crawl...shouldn't that be Drunks?

It's not large, but Niagra falls doesn't have it's own Dragon Skeleton does it?

I didn't get these medals for fighting, you know!

The mountain giant seems depressed concidering it's obvious he's stoned:
    Last edited by Mbaya; 14-02-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    Virtual Organ Doner - "It's better to gib, than to receive."
    .: Steam :: Screenshots :: Steam Beautiful Screenshots Group :.

Mbaya, out of interest how does Settlers 7 compare to Settlers 2? I like the look of the shots you've submitted but recent entries in the series have been a bit meh. 2 was always my favourite
    Last edited by SanguineAngel; 14-02-2013 at 12:05 PM.

I'm wondering the same, how does The Settlers 7 play? I used to love The Settlers but haven't played any of newer games.

Compared to S6 the seventh is a big step towards the classic two. It's still very much a different game though. It's designed for skirmish play and is competitive by it's nature. There are several ways to win, but you will be playing to win, which might be an issue for some of the fans of the classic more sandboxy play. When I last time played there wasn't any free build modes for the pacifist type. If you can like the RTS flavor at it's core, it's a good settlers game. If you just want to peacefully build stuff and watch them little dudes, you're better off playing something else.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Jnx hit the nail on the head really, although my old love was Settlers 3, I've yet to play the second. Resources are static, so there's no randomising a map and searching for your goodies, chilling away watching your little men go about their work. The game feels like a cross between Settlers 3 and a board game to me, it's interesting, but as Jnx mentioned you're always playing to win, which comes in the form of victory points (i.e. researching, building something specific, having a large army, conquering territory), of which you need 4-8 from a pool of 12 or so, depending on the maps.

It's charming and enjoyable, better than Rise of an Empire imo, but doesn't scratch quite the same itch as the golden oldies. I've heard the remastered version of Settlers 2 is out on GoG too, I might check that out.
    Virtual Organ Doner - "It's better to gib, than to receive."
    .: Steam :: Screenshots :: Steam Beautiful Screenshots Group :.

Thanks both, very helpful - if disappointing - summary.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    If you just want to peacefully build stuff and watch them little dudes, you're better off playing something else.
    Is the settlers 2 like that?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It is ice-fyre. Get the 10th anniversary edition from GoG. Its everything the original settlers 2 is with a few minor gameplay improvements from Settlers 3 and its pretty to look at. I think I still have some shots from a previous playthrough...found'em.

These are at the above mentioned resolution with all gfx details at max.
    Last edited by khaz; 14-02-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice-Fyre View Post
    Is the settlers 2 like that?
    Pretty much, and I also heartily recommend Anno 1404. 2070 is good too but a bit bleak setting.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    Pretty much, and I also heartily recommend Anno 1404. 2070 is good too but a bit bleak setting.
    Reminds me of a picture...

Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Khaz, that's awesome, thanks!

jnx, Yeah, I picked up Anno 2070 following [I think it was your] shots in the very thread! (when it was on sale of course) and it's really nice. I find the front end to be a bit confusing though but I am enjoying the relaxed pace.

Network Hub
    Thanks for the replies, I might get it later!

I prefer Anno 2070 to all the others, especially with the expansion. I just love watching my Eco ozone makers fly around.