Network Hub
    Err spam? Anyone keen to check?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Metro Last Light

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Nice shots Seph!

How's the performance? I see they haven't fixed the narrow FOV for the second game?

This game and the 1st desperately need a free-cam hack/mod. It's a pity they build all these nice environments and you can't explore them at your own pace and height.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Nice shots Seph!

How's the performance? I see they haven't fixed the narrow FOV for the second game?

This game and the 1st desperately need a free-cam hack/mod. It's a pity they build all these nice environments and you can't explore them at your own pace and height.
    Cheers bud. The game looks incredible. Performance is pretty much the same as the first. I have all settings on max with Physx, no AA (render at 2540x1440 instead) and I'm getting about 45-50fps on average. Goes as high as 70/80 and occasionally dips to 40. But that's with 2x680's. A friend of mine is running the game on an overclocked i5 with a gtx670 and he struggles to run on high/very high settings @ 1650x1050

The FOV doesn't really bother me. It didn't in the first either. I just wish there was a way to turn off the HUD without playing ranger mode.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Cheers bud. The game looks incredible. Performance is pretty much the same as the first. I have all settings on max with Physx, no AA (render at 2540x1440 instead) and I'm getting about 45-50fps on average. Goes as high as 70/80 and occasionally dips to 40. But that's with 2x680's. A friend of mine is running the game on an overclocked i5 with a gtx670 and he struggles to run on high/very high settings @ 1650x1050

The FOV doesn't really bother me. It didn't in the first either. I just wish there was a way to turn off the HUD without playing ranger mode.
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, sounds a bit like the 1st game performance-wise.

I thought on non-ranger mode the HUD disappears after a while? I can't remember, it's been a while since I played the first one in normal mode. In any case, I preferred the ranger mode on the first, otherwise enemies were like bullet-sponges. As for FOV, I find that the last few years I can't tolerate games with low FOV (Bioshock games are the worst for me but Call of Pripyat also gave me problems), they make me nauseus after a bit. I ll wait and see if there is a fix or something for it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    It looks more or less the same as the first to mine eyes-don't get me wrong, it's a glorious looking game 2033, that's not a put down-so I'd be disappointed if it doesn't run more or less comparably, but from Seph's friend's specs that dosen't sound the case. 2033 runs smooth as butter at 1920 x 1080 on my GTX 660 and i5 3570K Overclocked to 4.5GHz, bout 45-50 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by baby snot View Post
    Err spam? Anyone keen to check?
    What spam? I just wanted to share a 0.27 gigapixel screenshot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpeldor View Post
    How about a bigger screenshot than Rome 2, from Bohemia's excellent Arma 3 alpha.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?d3v7nxnbgnplb88
    Fantastic! Can you share the story of how this came together?
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

I think I did that wrong the first time.
    How about this?
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?d3v7nxnbgnplb88

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Can you share the story of how this came together?
    It took about 2 days, but most of that was figuring out how not to use a panorama stitcher.
    I used an excellent program called Hugin, and Arma 3's feature that lets you copy the camera data, then modify it in a text editor, then paste it back in. I used a 17x10 array of 1440p screenshots. The angles used were -32 to +32 degrees yaw, 0 to -18 degrees pitch. 0.03 field of view in screenshot editor = 4.55625 degrees horizontal field of view, by the way.

Then I tried auto-detecting control points in Hugin. It turns out it was easier to find out the hfov, and input the angles manually. It crashed quite a bit, and took me 2 days to figure this out.

I hope this broke Rome 2's record, but I'm sure other people have probably done this too. Here's the data:

Actual yaw used was 116 degrees to 180 degrees in 4 degree steps.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It took about 2 days, but most of that was figuring out how not to use a panorama stitcher.
    I used an excellent program called Hugin, and Arma 3's feature that lets you copy the camera data, then modify it in a text editor, then paste it back in. I used a 17x10 array of 1440p screenshots. The angles used were -32 to +32 degrees yaw, 0 to -18 degrees pitch. 0.03 field of view in screenshot editor = 4.55625 degrees horizontal field of view, by the way.

Then I tried auto-detecting control points in Hugin. It turns out it was easier to find out the hfov, and input the angles manually. It crashed quite a bit, and took me 2 days to figure this out.

I hope this broke Rome 2's record, but I'm sure other people have probably done this too. Here's the data:

Actual yaw used was 116 degrees to 180 degrees in 4 degree steps.
    NIce shot, keep them coming if you have more!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, sounds a bit like the 1st game performance-wise.

I thought on non-ranger mode the HUD disappears after a while? I can't remember, it's been a while since I played the first one in normal mode. In any case, I preferred the ranger mode on the first, otherwise enemies were like bullet-sponges. As for FOV, I find that the last few years I can't tolerate games with low FOV (Bioshock games are the worst for me but Call of Pripyat also gave me problems), they make me nauseus after a bit. I ll wait and see if there is a fix or something for it.
    Re the HUD, It hides it when you're not really doing anything but when you start shooting it comes back which makes taking action shots tricky (especially with the intense motion blur). The FOV only annoys me when I use a gun with a large scope on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    It looks more or less the same as the first to mine eyes-don't get me wrong, it's a glorious looking game 2033, that's not a put down-so I'd be disappointed if it doesn't run more or less comparably, but from Seph's friend's specs that dosen't sound the case. 2033 runs smooth as butter at 1920 x 1080 on my GTX 660 and i5 3570K Overclocked to 4.5GHz, bout 45-50 FPS.
    On a 660? Is that completely max with physx and AA? If so, that's impressive. Personally I can definitely see an improvement in the visuals. There are some truly jaw dropping moments (a lot more so than the first).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Re the HUD, It hides it when you're not really doing anything but when you start shooting it comes back which makes taking action shots tricky (especially with the intense motion blur). The FOV only annoys me when I use a gun with a large scope on it.

On a 660? Is that completely max with physx and AA? If so, that's impressive. Personally I can definitely see an improvement in the visuals. There are some truly jaw dropping moments (a lot more so than the first).
    Yeah. First things I did when I got my new machine was install Metro to see how it ran at full, jacked everything up just to see what sort of compromise I'd be facing if I wanted things pretty and playable at a high res, but it was so flawless it was like watching a film. It's a 2 gig memory 660 but other than that I don't think anything special has been done to it:

Obscure Node
    Silent Hunter 5

Leaving the u-boot pen to hunt on the Atlantic.

The weather is favorable as we approach our hunting spot.

Heavy clouds gather as we patrol for hours and hours...

A storm is upon us, so we dive and listen to the hydrophone.

Nicely done. I suppose we now need the videogame equivalent of GigaPan equipment to make this kind of screenshot more common!

Some screenshots from netKar Pro. The game is stripped off all the fancy bells and whistles of more recent titles, but does a racing sim really need more than this; an open track & a 680kg/585 bhp car? I don't think so!

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~

Impressive Metro shots seph

Project Cars

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by chrono9 View Post
    Impressive Metro shots seph
    Thanks man. Those p.Cars shots are amazing (especially the second one).

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

My fearsome Russian Assault soldier and veteran of pretty much every mission I did. The game nicknamed her - how could it be anything else - 'Cobra'.