Page 429 of 613 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431439479529 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,580 of 12245
  1. #8561
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    450
    @BattleHenkie:

    What mods are you using there? I need to reinstall Skyrim as I broke mine, I'm thinking of starting again (I've played like 200 hours of it and I don't think I've managed to get more than 40hours into the game yet lol), would love to start with them mods... it looks photorealistic almost in that first screenshot!

  2. #8562
    Yes, if you see the world through instagram.

  3. #8563
    @ DenieD

    I can't really supply you with a full list of the mods I'm using since it's really about 80 mods. Most of it is based on this particular set of mods: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936 with slight variations and own additions (especially the optional part, I don't care for the feminization of Skyrim). I'm still working on having a stable game as I get plenty of crashes to desktop, so I can only advise you to take it slow and use a clean save after the intro of the game (getting out of Helgen) and using that as your basis for seeing how stable the game is. It takes quite a lot of work, but in my opinion it's worth it. You need a pretty solid PC for it though.

  4. #8564
    Network Hub rsherhod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehenkie View Post
    @ DenieD

    I can't really supply you with a full list of the mods I'm using since it's really about 80 mods. Most of it is based on this particular set of mods: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936 with slight variations and own additions (especially the optional part, I don't care for the feminization of Skyrim). I'm still working on having a stable game as I get plenty of crashes to desktop, so I can only advise you to take it slow and use a clean save after the intro of the game (getting out of Helgen) and using that as your basis for seeing how stable the game is. It takes quite a lot of work, but in my opinion it's worth it. You need a pretty solid PC for it though.
    Ah yes, ENB. Looks pretty but runs slow as hell and crashes every five minutes. Obviously your mileage may vary, but I was happy enough with the extra blood, better snow, clearer map and realistic indoor lighting mods. Plus a few ini tweaks.

  5. #8565
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Thanks Tritagonist, I might check it out. Space-type games always appeal to me anyway, and it's pretty cheap.
    I just noticed Shattered Horizon is in the Bundle Star Bundle #7, which seems to still be available: http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/bundle-seven/
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

  6. #8566
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,531
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    MOAR Retro Gaming. This graphics are awful, but the gameplay is actually pretty good.
    That woman has such an amazing vertical leap her teammate is running away in fear of her obviously mutant abilities.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

  7. #8567
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NEuro Troika Franchulate #3
    Posts
    2,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    That woman has such an amazing vertical leap her teammate is running away in fear of her obviously mutant abilities.
    Not to mention interdigital membranes.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

  8. #8568
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    Ah yes, ENB. Looks pretty but runs slow as hell and crashes every five minutes. Obviously your mileage may vary, but I was happy enough with the extra blood, better snow, clearer map and realistic indoor lighting mods. Plus a few ini tweaks.
    I never got any of the crashing, but boy is it a resource hog. Without ENB I was getting 60+fps, with it I would fluctuate between 25-45. The stuttering got to be so bad I just took it off. It did look amazing though. I'll give it another try with the Dragonborn DLC after I build my new rig at the end of the year.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

  9. #8569
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    I just noticed Shattered Horizon is in the Bundle Star Bundle #7, which seems to still be available: http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/bundle-seven/
    The problem is that Shattered Horizon is multiplayer only (unless you just play botmatches), and nobody plays it any more. There are only five servers up at the time of this post, and they're all empty.
    Last edited by Dave L.; 24-07-2013 at 10:33 PM.

  10. #8570
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    The problem is that Shattered Horizon is multiplayer only (unless you just play botmatches), and nobody plays it any more. There are only five servers up at the time of this post, and they're all empty.
    Not quite, they added in bot support with a few different difficulty settings. I'm sure it's not the same as playing vs. real people, but for half an hour of zero-G FPS fun every other month, it's good enough for me!

    Kerbal Space Program. Landing a rover on the Mun worked fine the first go. Attempts to launch a larger inhabitable moonbase (as small as it would be) have proven more difficult, resulting in the unfortunate death of a few Kerbalnauts.

    Testing the rover on Kerbin.



    Manoeuvring the rocket in preparation for the landing on Mun.



    Touchdown!



    In the words of Buzz Aldrin: 'Magnificent desolation!'.

    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

  11. #8571
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    Ah yes, ENB. Looks pretty but runs slow as hell and crashes every five minutes. Obviously your mileage may vary, but I was happy enough with the extra blood, better snow, clearer map and realistic indoor lighting mods. Plus a few ini tweaks.
    The mods are not a problem when you have a good machine. I don't have any stuttering or slowdowns, hovering around the 40-45 fps mark most of the time at 1080p. The problem is that I went overboard and installed a crapload on top without trying out the mods first. My buddy plays with the same ENB (almost the exact same setup) and does not have any crashes. Must. Make. Skyrim. Ze pretty.

  12. #8572
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,178
    I know what this thread miss..Let me fix that for you,ok.








  13. #8573
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,178




  14. #8574
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,069
    Well that's true, there's not enough male butt in here

  15. #8575
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,178
    Later today i'll post some Chaos Theory,today i felt this urge to replay it for am,27th time :x








  16. #8576
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    781
    raven-shield. COOP on hardest difficulty was insane - terrorists had serious reflexes

  17. #8577
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,527
    Kerbal Space Program. It seems the latest update has made the Mun far more crater-filled. Either that or my first landing was on a conspiciously flat part of it. In any case, the Mun:





    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

  18. #8578
    Network Hub rsherhod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehenkie View Post
    The mods are not a problem when you have a good machine. I don't have any stuttering or slowdowns, hovering around the 40-45 fps mark most of the time at 1080p. The problem is that I went overboard and installed a crapload on top without trying out the mods first. My buddy plays with the same ENB (almost the exact same setup) and does not have any crashes. Must. Make. Skyrim. Ze pretty.
    I don't know about you, but I rather consider a current gen. Core i5 and a HD 7770 to be the makings of a good machine :P

  19. #8579
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,527
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    I don't know about you, but I rather consider a current gen. Core i5 and a HD 7770 to be the makings of a good machine :P
    Wasn't the AMD 7770 released last year as the budget card alongside the 7950 and 7970? The price of €90 seems to suggest it was. As such, a resolution of 1920x1080 might be a bit challenging - which this review seems to confirm.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 25-07-2013 at 06:34 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

  20. #8580
    Network Hub rsherhod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Wasn't the AMD 7770 released last year as the budget card alongside the 7950 and 7970? The price of €90 seems to suggest it was. As such, a resolution of 1920x1080 might be a bit challenging - which this review seems to confirm.
    Well, OK. The HD 7770 was as far as my budget would stretch when getting an entirely new machine at the beginning of the year. I get 40-60 FPS in Skyrim at 1080p without ENB. It drops to between 20 and 30 with ENB, which would be perfectly playable if it didn't crash all the bloody time.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •