Page 43 of 627 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143543 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node

I finished as a good guy, the stalkers were doing well at beards place. Freedom and Duty called a truce and I flew home but they requested to be an observer in the zone. The game seemed to end pretty abruptly I only saw 2 thirds of pripyat as I thought the game was going to be longer but then I was stuck in the last mission.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    @Scotto

Considering it's the games namesake, I thought Pripyat was a real let-down; compared to Pripyat in Shadow of Chernobyl it felt incredibly small and constrained, not to mention less accurate to the real thing. I got the feeling that they put all of their strength into the two previous areas, and were kind of worn out by the time they started on Pripyat.

Obscure Node
    @agentorange nice pic. Have you played clear sky? I avoided it and went to pripyat as I heard it was the better game but now I feel I want to play more stalker regardless. Is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotto View Post
    @agentorange nice pic. Have you played clear sky? I avoided it and went to pripyat as I heard it was the better game but now I feel I want to play more stalker regardless. Is it worth it?
    It's worth it for sure if you like STALKER series. The reasons it had such a backlash were massive bugginess and nonworking faction system if I can remember correctly. Personally I enjoyed it.

I'm of the unpopular opinion that Clear Sky is better than CoP. It's not a better made game - it's buggy as hell even for a STALKER game - but it's the most intense Stalker experience: hardest of the three, darker atmosphere than CoP, extremely varied environments that give the Zone a real sense of scale (I thought the Zone in CoP felt oddly small), and the faction system (even if it was totally broken on release) all made for the most ambitious and immsersive game in the series.

I haven't even tried re-playing CS with the fan patches, but I can only assume it's even better now that some of the apocalyptic bugs have been fixed.

Obscure Node
    Hopefully it'll be in the next steam sale that will hopefully be soon and I'll grab then. The bugs are part and parcel of stalker games. Once a session pripyat crashed to desktop :/ Mihkel, did you play clear sky with the complete mod or anything? Did that improve the game much in terms of bugs?

@Scotto

I agree. I played SoC and CS on release, and in both games I got a complete save corruption bug about 3/4 of the way in - if it were any other game I probably would have given up, uninstalled, and never touched the game again, but with STALKER I was actually happy to play through them all over again.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    @daftpunk I have plenty more mostly of me reloading though as my bandage key was also my screenshot key so I'd be reloading and wrapping myself up.
    Haha, I had a similar problem. I set Xfire to take a screenshot when I pressed alt-S (default is scroll-lock-S, but that needs two hands). Then forgot all about it until I played Stalker, in which I set alt to be the button you hold to go into a low crouch. Creeping around that research base near Strelok's hideout, I almost found a bag of Milky Ways when I tried to sneak backwards and heard CHKCHKCHKCHKCHK as Xfire took hundreds of screenshots. Thought I was being attacked by some new mutant. :(

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I started playing around with the pre-final version of Dagtareyev's story for COP this weekend. There is partial translation and some things I don't know if they are bugs or features (I got attacked by 7-8 Burers in Dark Valley) but the main point is that it has most of the locations from SOC and CS:

Lesser Hivemind Node

Obscure Node
    The lighting effects are sooo good.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah, since everyone in the game except monsters (I haven't encountered monolith yet) is neutral, I m just walking around taking photos and playing with the time speed-up feature of GOTZ that's included in the mod:

From The Longest Journey.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Wow this is insane,STALKER photoshotting attack xD I love it!

From Man vs machine 1000 player fps earlier today.

I remember reading about the 1,000 player FPS earlier and then I forgot about it. Was it an actual game or just a tech demo? Is it fun or just a giant clusterfuck? Still going on? Can I get in?

Edit: One time tech demo and it would appear that I have missed my chance.
    Last edited by Bungle; 29-01-2012 at 08:41 PM.

The official site is down right now, but as far as I understand It was supposed to be a one time thing, played for few hours only on 29th and then never again.
    It was a bit boring because the teams where unbalanced, the blue team got spamed to hell as soon the spawn protection disappeared.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Including chat in a 1000-player game is one of those decisions that you should regret before you've even thought about it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by westyfield View Post
    Including chat in a 1000-player game is one of those decisions that you should regret before you've even thought about it.
    4srs.

That being said, I see far fewer curses and references to fecal matter than I expected.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

@kataras

Would you mind posting a link to wherever I can get that STALKER mod? Google doesn't seem to be much help.

Last edited by agentorange; 30-01-2012 at 10:44 AM.