Page 435 of 640 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445485535 ... LastLast
Results 8,681 to 8,700 of 12789
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Seph, have you ever written a blog post detailing how you go about getting your shots? I want to basically copy them, and put them in reviews. Love you.

Day 102

I dont think I'll have problem surviving, unless I do something stupid. I'm thinking if I should explore the caves more before I go in adventure mode.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by Space Indaver View Post
    Seph, have you ever written a blog post detailing how you go about getting your shots? I want to basically copy them, and put them in reviews. Love you.
    You would then sell all the games. Even the bad ones. His screenshots are from another world in which every game looks heavenly.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Indaver View Post
    Please totally do this. Deadendthrills is awesome but doesn't go into details.
    steam

Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    "Well done!"

I see what they did there.
    That pun is so raw it hurts my tender loins.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    That is a rare problem to have

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    @Space Invader & Caddybear

Thanks chaps. Really appreciate it :)

Always happy to tell people how I get games to look the way I have them. I also get a few PM's now and again which I always respond to and give links to any mods I use.

To write it for every game I post though would be bit of a chore. Generally speaking I don't use that many mods. I just play them on their max settings and occasionally play in 4K (downscaled) if the game runs ok with it.

I can give some general tips for good shots though:

Hide the HUD:
    Screens always looks better with the HUD hidden. There are a lot of games where you can do it. A quick google search will find a way. If not, feel free to ask me.

Sweet FX:
    9 times out of 10 Sweet FX will make games look a damn sight better and it's really easy to install. You just download the version you want from here http://gsngaming.com/forum/112-sweetfx-presets/ then drag and drop the contents of the files into your game folder (wherever the exe is).

Downsampling:
    If you have a good PC you can try downsampling. I run a lot of games in 4K resolution and the difference is amazing. There's a good guide how to do it here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509076. If you want to run games in that res though, you will need a very beefy machine. 1440p is a good compromise.

Use a screenshot key that you can easily hit whilst playing.
    Ok, this one's a bit obvious but I know a few people that use keys like F12 for screenshots which makes taking good action shots impossible. I have caps lock assigned as my screen key so that it doesn't disrupt gameplay when I use it.Like I said, if anyone wants to know how if I'm using any mods or tweaks on games I post, just ask.
    Last edited by SephKing; 06-08-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Sweet FX:
    9 times out of 10 Sweet FX will make games look a damn sight better and it's really easy to install. You just download the version you want from here http://gsngaming.com/forum/112-sweetfx-presets/ then drag and drop the contents of the files into your game folder (wherever the exe is).
    I've dabbled in this a bit, and I've found it to be very hit & miss. Sometimes it does indeed make a positive difference, but often times I'm reminded of awkwardly edited photographs. Which is to say, with the dark areas over-pronounced, the contrast bumped up to 11, and with the saturation slider heading for a crash. I sometimes wonder if this tendency is the result of badly calibrated monitors. It's probably pointless to spend €200 for a decent hardware calibration tool if you're just gaming a bit, but others might not always see the same thing you are! That said, there's no such thing as good or bad in this area, I suppose. Go with what looks best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Use a screenshot key that you can easily hit whilst playing.
    Ok, this one's a bit obvious but I know a few people that use keys like F12 for screenshots which makes taking good action shots impossible. I have caps lock assigned as my screen key so that it doesn't disrupt gameplay when I use it.
    Definitely; you can also use a USB foot-button like the ones from Scythe (very cheap, €20-30) if you do a lot of gaming with a controller. It's mostly handy for push-to-talk voice communication, but if you have one with multiple buttons you can easily assign one to a screenshot-keystroke.

Also note that a lot of DeadEndThrills' screenshots would make interesting photographs, too. Similar to how buying a Canon or Nikon doesn't make you a professional photographer, upping the graphics in games isn't suddenly going to make all screenshots interesting. Composition, timing etc. all matter. One of the great, and easy, ways to play around with this is in games that allow for time manipulation and a free camera. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has a fairly extensive free camera (also allows for FOV changes), and there's also ways to make it work in other popular games like the Mass Effect series.

Anyway, every Horde player's favourite boar-farm in World of Warcraft.

Last edited by Tritagonist; 06-08-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

I absolutely loved the atmosphere in Metro: Last Light. I especially liked the Dead City parts.
    Did however have to get used to the new character models. I was surprised that not everyone looked like brothers seperated at birth. Not a bad thing though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    @Tritagonist: Yeah, sweetfx can be an acquired taste. So far though I think there's only been one or two instances where it made a game look worse.

LA Noire:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I finally managed to use every hexagon.

The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Wow, nice. I used to play that game.

Some Zeno Clash 2 screenshots. I haven't found a button to disable the HUD, although I suspect it's around somewhere.

Zeno Clash 2 really, really likes god rays.

Network Hub
    Daftpunk, what is that WW2 game you are playing?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wengart View Post
    Death 2 spies? Maybe #2?

Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    "Well done!"

I see what they did there.
    Effective puns are pretty rare IMHO.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 08-08-2013 at 01:29 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wengart View Post

Death To Spies 1,stealth game similar to hitman,only more basic and allot harder.

Activated Node

Last edited by Ravey; 09-08-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Screenshot Thread: 2013 Beefcake Edition
    steam