Page 437 of 671 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487537 ... LastLast
Results 8,721 to 8,740 of 13411
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    DoW 2 + expansions are solid single player. The filler non story maps are follow the same pattern (get across map, kill annoying not fun boss) in the original release. I forget how much of it was in Chaos Rising, but the chaos part made the campaign more interesting.

Retribution allowed you to play a lot of different race/campaigns. Was fun to play more races in a campaign but the campaigns are not as strong.

Dawn of War 1 campaigns are generally better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I played DOW 1 and while at the time it was good game playing it now its like this,build massive army and send them to enemy and thats it,i mean barely any tactics are used. Looking at DOW 2 now,you have cover and allot of little things.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    What about single player,DoW 2 + expansion pack Chaos something is not good enough ? Because those gifs look really nice.
    These gifs are from MP. In SP you have heroes, bunch of pseudo-rpg elements, abilities and linear maps to cleanse from enemies. Nothing really exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    These gifs are from MP. In SP you have heroes, bunch of pseudo-rpg elements, abilities and linear maps to cleanse from enemies. Nothing really exciting.
    In co-op, the campaign can be good fun in my opinion.

COH 1 (This idea to cut up screenis actually looks quite good :D)

Kerpollo:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    In co-op, the campaign can be good fun in my opinion.
    Some people really like the DoW2 campaign and others bounce right off it. It's an odd mix of action RPG and RTS, jumbled in with a squad based shooter. I like it.

The multiplayer is really fantastic. I played a lot of it, although I've never been very good at RTSs in general. I made the effort for this one. And got merely bad, rather than terrible, and had a lot of fun doing it. I can't imagine trying to get into it now. I imagine the community is small and rather expert.

Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    Some people really like the DoW2 campaign and others bounce right off it. It's an odd mix of action RPG and RTS, jumbled in with a squad based shooter. I like it.
    What I liked about the campaign is the "feel" of it. It somehow feels more real to me than other strategy games, moving your units between cover, providing suppressive fire, flushing out buildings with grenades. There's not a lot of games that let you move individual strike teams around with the accuracy and the amount of control Dow2 offers. I liked the characters too, and upgrading the gear of the unit commanders.

Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    What I liked about the campaign is the "feel" of it. It somehow feels more real to me than other strategy games, moving your units between cover, providing suppressive fire, flushing out buildings with grenades. There's not a lot of games that let you move individual strike teams around with the accuracy and the amount of control Dow2 offers. I liked the characters too, and upgrading the gear of the unit commanders.

Yes there is and its named Soldiers: Heroes of WW2,check it out on youtube.

well thats only the first entry in the series. most recent ones go by the name of Men of War

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I played DOW 1 and while at the time it was good game playing it now its like this,build massive army and send them to enemy and thats it,i mean barely any tactics are used. Looking at DOW 2 now,you have cover and allot of little things.
    DOW2 in single player doesn't require too much thought but it's still good fun. Scale and strategy not nearly as deep as MOW but its got a nice junk food quality to it. Chaos Rising is by far the best Single player campaign out of the lot. The Last Stand mode is great fun, and as well as playing mutiplayer just watching recorded games by the best players can be very enjoyable. If you like 40k it really is very much "on" in regards to capturing tone and feel of a battle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Payday 2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Defense Grid.

Nothing fancy (in fact, less than fancy; Steam's JPEG compression is pretty harsh). I was just surprised to win and get gold the first time I tried the Grinder mode.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Well, sorry for killing the thread. It went off while I was cleaning it...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Robin Hood: Legend of Sherwood

A routine stealthy infiltration. They'll never know we were here.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

OMG the robin hood game,remember playing that when i was still in school and it was really tough game to play for me at the time hah.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    Robin Hood: Legend of Sherwood

[snip]

A routine stealthy infiltration. They'll never know we were here.
    This is pretty much like medieval Commandos, right? I loved that game growing up despite being shit at it.
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    This is pretty much like medieval Commandos, right? I loved that game growing up despite being shit at it.
    Yep, pretty much! I never really got on with Commandos though, and I think Robin Hood is a bit more forgiving about ways you can recover after being spotted (as shown in the screenshot :P). The other differences are that the game rewards you for sparing enemy lives (by sneaking or using blunt weapons), and there's a crazy between-missions management sim thing (a very light one) where you can choose whether your various Merry Men should train for combat, or gather different resources for use in the missions. You also seemingly get to choose whether to spend money, recruits, or time in order to foil enemy plots, but that might have been a one-off thing. Also you're trying to collect 100,000 pounds to ransom King Richard back to England. :P

But for the bulk of the play time, it's very Commandos, with all the thrills and irritations and repeated quickloads that implies. ^_^ It's also quite pretty! I like the nighttime scenes like that one, but in the daytime the villages are lush, cathedrals impressive, and they do some great perspective tricks to make it so that even a 2.5d isometric game has some breathtaking vistas over the castle walls. I'll try to remember to take more screenshots sometime -- luckily I have very frequent savegames to go back to. =)
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.