Page 437 of 552 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487537 ... LastLast
Results 8,721 to 8,740 of 11037
  1. #8721
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Slovenia| Ljubljana
    Posts
    3,975
    Which newer dawn of war is best one to play ??
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

  2. #8722
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Which newer dawn of war is best one to play ??
    Retribution if you want MP. If you don't then why even get it, it's a multyplayer game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

  3. #8723
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Slovenia| Ljubljana
    Posts
    3,975
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Retribution if you want MP. If you don't then why even get it, it's a multyplayer game.

    What about single player,DoW 2 + expansion pack Chaos something is not good enough ? Because those gifs look really nice.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

  4. #8724
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,027
    DoW 2 + expansions are solid single player. The filler non story maps are follow the same pattern (get across map, kill annoying not fun boss) in the original release. I forget how much of it was in Chaos Rising, but the chaos part made the campaign more interesting.

    Retribution allowed you to play a lot of different race/campaigns. Was fun to play more races in a campaign but the campaigns are not as strong.

    Dawn of War 1 campaigns are generally better.

  5. #8725
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Slovenia| Ljubljana
    Posts
    3,975
    I played DOW 1 and while at the time it was good game playing it now its like this,build massive army and send them to enemy and thats it,i mean barely any tactics are used. Looking at DOW 2 now,you have cover and allot of little things.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

  6. #8726
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    What about single player,DoW 2 + expansion pack Chaos something is not good enough ? Because those gifs look really nice.
    These gifs are from MP. In SP you have heroes, bunch of pseudo-rpg elements, abilities and linear maps to cleanse from enemies. Nothing really exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

  7. #8727
    Lesser Hivemind Node L_No's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    These gifs are from MP. In SP you have heroes, bunch of pseudo-rpg elements, abilities and linear maps to cleanse from enemies. Nothing really exciting.
    In co-op, the campaign can be good fun in my opinion.

  8. #8728
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Slovenia| Ljubljana
    Posts
    3,975
    COH 1 (This idea to cut up screenis actually looks quite good :D)





    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

  9. #8729
    Activated Node InnerPartisan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    35
    Kerpollo:


  10. #8730
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    In co-op, the campaign can be good fun in my opinion.
    Some people really like the DoW2 campaign and others bounce right off it. It's an odd mix of action RPG and RTS, jumbled in with a squad based shooter. I like it.

    The multiplayer is really fantastic. I played a lot of it, although I've never been very good at RTSs in general. I made the effort for this one. And got merely bad, rather than terrible, and had a lot of fun doing it. I can't imagine trying to get into it now. I imagine the community is small and rather expert.

  11. #8731
    Lesser Hivemind Node L_No's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    Some people really like the DoW2 campaign and others bounce right off it. It's an odd mix of action RPG and RTS, jumbled in with a squad based shooter. I like it.
    What I liked about the campaign is the "feel" of it. It somehow feels more real to me than other strategy games, moving your units between cover, providing suppressive fire, flushing out buildings with grenades. There's not a lot of games that let you move individual strike teams around with the accuracy and the amount of control Dow2 offers. I liked the characters too, and upgrading the gear of the unit commanders.

  12. #8732
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Slovenia| Ljubljana
    Posts
    3,975
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    What I liked about the campaign is the "feel" of it. It somehow feels more real to me than other strategy games, moving your units between cover, providing suppressive fire, flushing out buildings with grenades. There's not a lot of games that let you move individual strike teams around with the accuracy and the amount of control Dow2 offers. I liked the characters too, and upgrading the gear of the unit commanders.


    Yes there is and its named Soldiers: Heroes of WW2,check it out on youtube.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

  13. #8733
    Network Hub grasskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    416
    well thats only the first entry in the series. most recent ones go by the name of Men of War

  14. #8734
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I played DOW 1 and while at the time it was good game playing it now its like this,build massive army and send them to enemy and thats it,i mean barely any tactics are used. Looking at DOW 2 now,you have cover and allot of little things.
    DOW2 in single player doesn't require too much thought but it's still good fun. Scale and strategy not nearly as deep as MOW but its got a nice junk food quality to it. Chaos Rising is by far the best Single player campaign out of the lot. The Last Stand mode is great fun, and as well as playing mutiplayer just watching recorded games by the best players can be very enjoyable. If you like 40k it really is very much "on" in regards to capturing tone and feel of a battle.

  15. #8735
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,764
    Payday 2







  16. #8736
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,764







  17. #8737
    Lesser Hivemind Node Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    814
    Defense Grid.

    Nothing fancy (in fact, less than fancy; Steam's JPEG compression is pretty harsh). I was just surprised to win and get gold the first time I tried the Grinder mode.

  18. #8738
    Lesser Hivemind Node Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    814
    Well, sorry for killing the thread. It went off while I was cleaning it...

  19. #8739
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,091
    Robin Hood: Legend of Sherwood


    A routine stealthy infiltration. They'll never know we were here.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

  20. #8740
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Slovenia| Ljubljana
    Posts
    3,975
    OMG the robin hood game,remember playing that when i was still in school and it was really tough game to play for me at the time hah.




    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •