Page 438 of 608 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448488538 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,760 of 12158
    Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    Robin Hood: Legend of Sherwood

[snip]

A routine stealthy infiltration. They'll never know we were here.
    This is pretty much like medieval Commandos, right? I loved that game growing up despite being shit at it.
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    This is pretty much like medieval Commandos, right? I loved that game growing up despite being shit at it.
    Yep, pretty much! I never really got on with Commandos though, and I think Robin Hood is a bit more forgiving about ways you can recover after being spotted (as shown in the screenshot :P). The other differences are that the game rewards you for sparing enemy lives (by sneaking or using blunt weapons), and there's a crazy between-missions management sim thing (a very light one) where you can choose whether your various Merry Men should train for combat, or gather different resources for use in the missions. You also seemingly get to choose whether to spend money, recruits, or time in order to foil enemy plots, but that might have been a one-off thing. Also you're trying to collect 100,000 pounds to ransom King Richard back to England. :P

But for the bulk of the play time, it's very Commandos, with all the thrills and irritations and repeated quickloads that implies. ^_^ It's also quite pretty! I like the nighttime scenes like that one, but in the daytime the villages are lush, cathedrals impressive, and they do some great perspective tricks to make it so that even a 2.5d isometric game has some breathtaking vistas over the castle walls. I'll try to remember to take more screenshots sometime -- luckily I have very frequent savegames to go back to. =)
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Show some violent footage from Painkiller,i remember you could do allot of wild stuff with thugs :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Found some old screenshots on google when typing shrani.si + name of game haha :D

Mafia,Jade Empire,Blade Of Darkness and RE4.

IL-2 Sturmovik
    Can't wait for Battle of Stalingrad

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nice! I was just flying in 1946, battling gladiator bi-planes with my seafire. Mostly to practice flying with my new backup joystick(Saitek Cyborg X FLY5). Its quite nice although it has a annoying deadzone you cannot remove(via software). Oh well, its atleast quite decent as a stand-in whilst my X-52 will be opened up for general cleaning and extending(its shaft). I also need to check the throttle pots, I think the main one is buggered(twitchy throttle, jumps up and down without input).
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Can't believe Jade Empire's over 8 years old. Still hoping to get a sequel one day.

PAYDAY 2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Assassin's Creed II; retrieving the last few Codex pages in San Gimignano.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Some more from Assassin's Creed II, in various locations.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar

Network Hub
    no canon.jpg
    Canon is unnecessary.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I like that part of the book, wen the army of nazgul coming from the abism of helm ravaged the west. Nothing lives on the west now.

Mechwarrior 3 : Pirates Moon

Ah Assassins Creed 2. One of the greatest games I have enjoyed

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    Ah Assassins Creed 2. One of the greatest games I have enjoyed
    AC2 was great. I think Brotherhood gets my vote for best AC game so far though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    AC2 was great. I think Brotherhood gets my vote for best AC game so far though.
    as long as you don't try and push up against the arbitrary limits the map sets on world progression and just "do what you are told".
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 18-08-2013 at 11:36 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    as long as you dont try and push up against the arbitary limits hte map sets on world progression and just "do what you are told".
    Did AC2 not have the same restrictions? Regardless, overall form a story and core gameplay perspective, I found brotherhood the most rewarding. It's the only AC that I've actually seen through to the end.

Battlefield 3