Page 445 of 613 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446447455495545 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,900 of 12250
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Rome 2:

Contrary to what these screens show, the game actually looks awful for me on max settings. Looks significantly worse than Shogun 2.

Last edited by SephKing; 03-09-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    ARMA 3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Lost Planet 3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Some Rome 2 screenies, hoping to get in before the master and his amazing pc and eye for a shot. I ended up playing too long it seems :(

Some cavalry charges - It wouldn't be a total war game with out it

A friendly chat in the melee - this was accompanied by "anyone know whose head this is?"

These are cheering that the enemy routed, but it looks silly

These are nowhere near as pretty as seph, but its on ultra settings, one down from extreme. :/

Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Rome 2:

Contrary to what these screens show, the game actually looks awful for me on max settings. Looks significantly worse than Shogun 2.
    How come? I heard there was a filter that makes everything a bit 'pastelly'?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    How come? I heard there was a filter that makes everything a bit 'pastelly'?
    Yeah there is that and it just generally looks very dull. Plus some of the textures, especially the terrain look like they're from Medieval 2. I'm getting about 20-30fps at the moment, sometimes going to single digits when it gets too intense (and that's on an i5 4670 @4.44ghz & 2xgtx680's). Although that's mostly down to the game not having SLI support yet (waiting for the next nvidia driver).

It can look good at times though (especially the naval battles)...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Some Rome 2 screenies, hoping to get in before the master and his amazing pc and eye for a shot. I ended up playing too long it seems :(
    Hah, my bad :-) What do you think of the game so far?

Seph - that performance is pretty terrible. I was gonna build a new rig for Rome 2 but I guess I will leave it a month or two and see how the benchmarks / optimisation looks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Reckon they have done as they did with Shogun 2 on launch and release with a very stripped down AA setting. Was about a month before they sorted it last time.

Performance wise it runs as well as Shogun 2 for me on extreme, more or less. Graphics wise it's not as crisp up close, the terrain is notably more plain across the board, but the animations are fluid and unless you're looking specifically for graphics as opposed to just playing the game it looks good. Given that I rarely zoom in I don't really care at present about it's lack of definition. Battles have more men, spectacle is more impressive on the whole than any other unmodded TW game up to this point I'd say.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Seph - that performance is pretty terrible. I was gonna build a new rig for Rome 2 but I guess I will leave it a month or two and see how the benchmarks / optimisation looks.
    Probably a good plan man. Think I'm going to hold off playing it again myself until there have been a few patches. Total war games have a tendency to be a bit broken on launch but this is pretty bad (and that's coming from someone who's bought every single TW game on release).

SC Blacklist:

I was really not a big fan on conviction but I'm growing quite fond of this. It's no chaos theory but it's a great stealth game in it's own right.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Go buy this game everyone.

Seriously, go buy it right now.
    Last edited by Fumarole; 04-09-2013 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Teh internets
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    TrackMania 2: Canyon, with a fine new car model from the Steam Workshop.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Binary Domain

The Japanese.

The Americans.

Meanwhile, our heroes are distracted.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

I don't know what to say about this one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Go buy this game everyone.
    Seriously, go buy it right now.
    You should take the last shot out, it's a pretty big spoiler of one of the coolest things in the game that doesn't happen until the last mission.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Tritagonist, that last shot is hilarious!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Rome II

Given there's like 8000 dudes on screen at once all modelled to this degree and it runs as well as Shogun 2 (i think the animations are more fluid if anything) I think it looks pretty good to be honest. There's room for improvement but I'm more than happy with where it's at. Mind you I never zoom in anyway except to take screen shots or watch a retreat or replay. Too confusing otherwise.
    Last edited by sonson; 04-09-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I want to play Binary Domain, but I've also heard that the actual game-play is merely okay, but then I've also heard about Big Bo and a French robot. So, I feel conflicted. Anyhow, requisite "I'm posting in the screenshot thread so here are some screenshots." More from Star Citizen, again taken from those posted in the SC thread.

The holo-interface.

The interior of my 300i, this time with actual lighting.

Vanity.