Page 447 of 553 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447448449457497547 ... LastLast
Results 8,921 to 8,940 of 11044
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Then i am natural screenshoter for TW.

... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Then i am natural screenshoter for TW.
    Guy on the right on his own, legs clipping through the ground :(

Dammit, why did you have to challenge me like that... (Nice screenie though).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    SC: Blacklist

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    Guy on the right on his own, legs clipping through the ground :(

Dammit, why did you have to challenge me like that... (Nice screenie though).
    Its a war men,not all men hav legs! haha

tnx.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Network Hub

tnx.
    He does look like hes using the spear as a walking stick now you mention it, poor guy :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

tnx.
    post of the year, right here :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've given up on Rome 2. Going to try it again in a couple of months after it's been patched.

Decided to try out the Fall of The Samurai campaign instead...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Damn good shots, but no Shogun 2 naval battles will ever equal those of Empire or Napoleon. Nothing like 6 British Second Rates fucking up a fleet of Prussian frigates.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Those are some excellent shots, Seph - in light of Rome's subpar launch, I've also been going back to Shogun 2 - but a vanilla campaign, instead of fall of the Samurai. It's a shame. I love the setting of Shogun 2, but my historical knowledge only really stretches to a light smattering of the fun that happened between Takeda and Uesugi. Beyond that, one faction feels more or less the same as any other. I was really looking forward to Rome 2 for gallic raiders landing on the coasts of plump roman villages, carthaginian merc stacks marching across the deserts, and parthian cavalry archers whittling away romans and their silly swords. Twas not to be :(

How is Fall of the Samurai as a stand alone game? It's an interesting period in Japanese history that I'd like to play around with some time. Otherwise I'm just not that interested in the feudal bickering of different Shoguns.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    How is Fall of the Samurai as a stand alone game? It's an interesting period in Japanese history that I'd like to play around with some time. Otherwise I'm just not that interested in the feudal bickering of different Shoguns.
    It's like a better napoleon with a wider unit roster and more interesting battles. It's also set in 1860, and is the most technologically advanced (in setting) total war game to date. Offshore artillery, gatling guns, and mass rifle fire. Feudal bickering it isn't.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    @Casimir: Thanks man. To be honest, I wouldn't know. Always auto resolve the naval battle as I'm useless at them :)

@Serenegoose: Cheers bud. I'm actually quite glad that Rome 2's terrible state has pushed me back to Shogun 2 as Fall of the samurai is fantastic. Hopefully by the time I'm finished with it, Rome will be in a playable state.

Saints Row 4

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    @Casimir: Thanks man. To be honest, I wouldn't know. Always auto resolve the naval battle as I'm useless at them :)
    The secret is the line formation. Put your ships bow to stern in a long line (or two lines if you have >8 in the fleet) then try to bisect the enemy line. Always try to get the wind at your back to begin with, even if it means deploying right at the edge of the zone so you can sail perpedicular to it instead of directly against it (on those times where the weather gauge really screws you).

OT: The Sins game still goes on with only one AI left - my old allies the blues must now turn against me for the reds are no more. In fact they lost their final planet while their entire fleet was in phasespace heading towards me. All their fleet capacity in a single attack, we had a bit of a barney

See if you can spot all the ships in this picture

So, how many did you get?

Here's when they first jumped in

And now some others shots as it was a good opportunity

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks for the tips and great screen man.

Seeing as I've just started a new campaign in Shogun, I guess now's as good a time as any to figure out Naval Battles. Especially seeing as Rome combines the two.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    SR IV

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.