Page 455 of 688 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457465505555 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,100 of 13756
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    This is the last batch of my favorite landscape-ish shots so far. I've got way too many shots from this game, so even this wall-o-images is pretty restrained.

I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Those Bioshock shots are really nice. Incidentally they stop right at the point I am at right now in my first playthrough, so I better stay away from this thread until I've finished the game.

I see you are using the Bucking Bronco vigor in some of those screenshots. What are your strategies with that? I found the trap useful for obvious ambush situations and for blocking entrances. Most of the time however I use Shock Jokey in combination with the item that makes the shock effect jump over to other targets on the victim's death, which can lead to hilarious chain reactions. And Possession of course. :)

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Those Bioshock shots are really nice. Incidentally they stop right at the point I am at right now in my first playthrough, so I better stay away from this thread until I've finished the game.

I see you are using the Bucking Bronco vigor in some of those screenshots. What are your strategies with that? I found the trap useful for obvious ambush situations and for blocking entrances. Most of the time however I use Shock Jokey in combination with the item that makes the shock effect jump over to other targets on the victim's death, which can lead to hilarious chain reactions. And Possession of course. :)
    Thanks! I wasn't planning on posting anything spoiler-y; I already avoided a some of my favorite shots because they seemed kinda plot-like (including a few from after those last ones, but some before as well).

My favorite vigors are by far Possession and Bucking Bronco. I rarely use traps, but I always feel like I should. I'm not very "good" at the game becasue I consistently forget about tools that are at my disposal. I'm playing on Hard which makes battles nice and tense ... until something like a Handyman comes around in which case it ends up difficult in a painfully boring sort of way. On hard at least, I'm finding the whole "you never die, you just respawn and your enemies gain health" thing harder than a check-point system, because it means I have less ammo, less health, less money and I still have to deal with all the enemies left over and I only ever die when I get swarmed or pinned down during AOE, which means I never find myself returning to face only a last few stragglers but rather a fully revitalized horde or mini-boss. :\

That had nothing to do with your question, sorry. :P Right. Bucking Bronco--I fire it at mobs and use it in one of two ways: a) easy headshot pickings for my Carbine or Sniper rifle b) a way of taking certain enemies out of the fight for a moment while I deal with anyone outside the lifted mob. I put every Infusion I got into Salts, followed by Shields. As a result I can fire off a bajilion Bucking Bronco shots in any given battle (it consumes very little salts) and having no health upgrades or spray/AOE weapons means I need to buy time and cut down on cross-fire; Bronco does that really well.

My weapon choice allows me to take down heavies and turrets at distance relatively quickly and the shield upgrades made sniping significantly less painful once I started them. The Carbine is perfect for taking down Bronco-d enemies due to it's high accuracy, low recoil, and high rate of fire--even if you don't take the time to snipe a Bronco'd crowd, the carbine tears through them quicker than even the shotgun because it's accurate enough for headshots on armored enemies. For most of the game Possession was my only upgraded vigor, but I eventually upgraded Bucking Bronco and once I realized I'd already upgraded everything I would conceivably save my money for (it took me a few hours of gameplay after my fourth weapon upgrade for my weapons before I realized I'd finished upgrading them ... oops) I started upgrading the other vigors willy-nilly. Another cool use of Bronco is to lift a crowd and then toss in a Devil's Kiss.

I'm not sure I'd recommend those two weapons. They fit my style and please me, and the Carbine is a rather gorgeous piece of modeling, but DAMN is it hard to find Carbine ammo ... and I was really stubborn about saving money by not using Dollar Bill until I hit Emporia--at which point I ended up stuck without my beloved carbine because it disappeared after I died and I'd set it down in the first place because I'd been out of ammo for it for several fight scenes in a row but I couldn't bear to part with it instead opting to ditch it temporarily for whatever weapon was at hand and retrieve it after the fight.
    Last edited by gwathdring; 26-09-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

Interesting. I usually take the Machine Gun / Repeater and the RPG, mostly because the MG takes down shocked enemies relatively quickly and the RPG is nice for quickly aimed shots at turrets, Patriots, or even Airships. More recently the Sniper Rifle has found some use but I only ever swap it in for a moment when I find one lying around at a position from where I can decimate foes quickly with a few shots. For the first playthrough I chose Normal difficulty which might have been a mistake since most fights are very easy and don't last very long.

Handymen are also my nemesis, I just can't get them down quickly enough before they smash me to a pulp. Firemen also tend to give me a headache if there is more than one present at a time. At least they can be chain stunned with shocks.

Sadly, I only used a limited selection of vigors until recently (mostly because I didn't realise you could quick call them by pressing number buttons... yeah) and didn't find all of them terribly entertaining or useful. Charge for example doesn't fit my playstyle very much and I haven't used Undertow a whole lot either, although I think it could be used to great effect.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Sadly, I only used a limited selection of vigors until recently (mostly because I didn't realise you could quick call them by pressing number buttons... yeah) and didn't find all of them terribly entertaining or useful. Charge for example doesn't fit my playstyle very much and I haven't used Undertow a whole lot either, although I think it could be used to great effect.
    This was my experience as well. I just stacked gear that gave weapon damage, like increased headshot damage, increased damage while aiming down sights, and increased damage for rapid kills. I pretty much only used possession throughout the entire game, and 9 out of 10 times I used that it was to get money from vending machines. The vigors just weren't all that useful. Late in the game I remembered I had Undertow and used the knockback to instantly kill some guys on airships. I never used charge or the shield one. I never used the trap function of any vigor. I just ran around with the carbine and hand cannon whenever I could. You don't need vigors when you can easily spam headshots on people from long range.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    lovely things
    now blow it all up and kill everything

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Is that arena on a drone target list?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I don't know what are you talking about.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I don't know what are you talking about.
    On the advertising boards

"Predator lethal zones"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Danger close.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Well played.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Some Star Wars: The Old Republic screenies. Subbed back up to play the expansion. I still think its a good looking game

Just after landing on Makeb

Whats star wars without force lightning?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Someone need to use the bathroom.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Some more Skyrim, I'm done messing with the graphics for now. It could still look a lot better, but my PC will melt when I indulge my inner gfx junkie even more.

out of interest eRa, what pretties are you running there? it/they appeal(s) to me

That last Skyrim shot is amazing eRa! (well, they all are, but the last one is the best).

Th1ef.

This can't be good...

...this can't be good at all!

Whoever is selling aspirin in the city is making a killing in Garrett's wake.

Cthulhu fthagn?
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Shadow Warrior

Secondary Hivemind Nexus