Page 457 of 622 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459467507557 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,140 of 12440
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Shadow Warrior

Last edited by SephKing; 29-09-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Shadow Warrior
    erm, What.

Nope.

Yeah, that's a bit much.

Been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, what a gorgeous game! :) Some of my favourites below.

How much of an improvement do the ENB mods make out of the box? I've only ever tried 3rd-party versions/settings, which looked nice but required specific builds of ENB and were really unstable.

Rest can be found here: http://asskicker.minus.com/mbuTGSce9teaqB

Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    How much of an improvement do the ENB mods make out of the box? I've only ever tried 3rd-party versions/settings, which looked nice but required specific builds of ENB and were really unstable.
    Not sure if you were replying to me or somebody else, but I didn't use any ENB for Deus Ex. For Skyrim however, they can make a hell of a change, but are quite heavy to run from what I remember. You can find the most popular congifs on the Skyrim nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by asskicker View Post
    Not sure if you were replying to me or somebody else, but I didn't use any ENB for Deus Ex. For Skyrim however, they can make a hell of a change, but are quite heavy to run from what I remember. You can find the most popular congifs on the Skyrim nexus.
    Sorry, I was replying to Skalpadda re. Skyrim. You got your DS:HR piccies in while my attention was elsewhere.
    The configs I tried were from nexus, but as I said most of them seem to need specific builds of ENB. I found they ran at perfectly acceptable FPS, but then Skyrim crashed after about 10 min.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, that's a bit much.
    Fair enough. Replaced with something a bit more PG rated...

Alien Rage

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

@Asskicker - Great shots. Didyou find a way to disable the hud or are those cropped?
    Last edited by SephKing; 29-09-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    @Asskicker - Great shots. Did you find a way to disable the hud or are those cropped?
    Thanks! I did not, but when you press tab to open up your inventory 'n stuff, the hud disappears for a few seconds. Takes a couple of tries to get a good shot but it's worth it.

Great shots as always, is Alien Rage any good?
    Last edited by asskicker; 29-09-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by asskicker View Post
    Thanks! I did not, but when you press tab to open up your inventory 'n stuff the hud disappears for a few seconds. Takes a couple of tries to get a good shot but it's worth it.

Great shots as always, is Alien Rage any good?
    Much obliged :) It's pretty good from the small amount of time I've spent with it. Very simple, run down a straight line and shoot everything gameplay but the weapons feel good and the visuals are quite impressive. Does have some performance issues at the moment but hopefully they'll be sorted soon.
    Last edited by SephKing; 29-09-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    If only I knew how to disable the health bar in VATS.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Short answer is that it makes a big difference. The changes in lighting and added effects are very noticeable, but whether they'll be to your liking or not is another matter.

I didn't like the "vanilla" ENB profile and I haven't found any other preset I like out of the box yet either. At the moment I'm using this one with the latest ENB binaries as a base and ripping out effects and tweaking it as I go along. Sun glare and DoF are right out, I've flattened the colour palette, toned down god rays and just generally mucked around with the lighting quite a lot. Still not happy with how it looks but hopefully it's getting there. About stability, I didn't get crashes but I got massive slowdowns (sudden lurches from ~60 FPS to 1-2 FPS) now and then which seem to be down to Skyrim's lacking (to put it mildly) use of multithreading. Hard capping the FPS to 50 seems to have solved it entirely.

Here are some comparison screens to give an idea of the difference in lighting. To be clear this is not the default enb setup and they're taken by just toggling the enb on/off in game so some of Skyrim's vanilla post processing is turned off as well, it's just to illustrate difference in the way lighting works.

Evening ENB off.

Evening ENB on.

Night ENB off.

Night ENB on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Noon ENB off.

Noon ENB on.

^--Way too washed out, must fix. Argh.
    Last edited by Skalpadda; 29-09-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    @coldvvvave: tm 1/0 in console toggles the HUD. More info.

Hard Reset

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    the recent Skyrim shots in here got me back in the mood to play. Been downloading all mods but can't seem to mkae it look anywhere near as good as it used to :(