Page 462 of 640 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472512562 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,240 of 12798
    Had to brighten this one up a small bit.
    Finally, morning arrives.

Didn't take any more pictures of the guests other than the one, I'll leave those as a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by asskicker View Post
    Thanks guys! I do love the art style of Deus Ex: HR, it's really nice. Finished the game now but I didn't get the Pacifist Achievement, while I didn't kill anyone. :(
    The soldiers that appear during the tutorial count towards this achievement too, even though most people kill them. Might be that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    The soldiers that appear during the tutorial count towards this achievement too, even though most people kill them. Might be that.
    Could also be a bug. Happens sometimes.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

LTK, how is Knockknock? I remember watching the trailers and getting a strong sense of spookyness from those. Does the game hold up to the promise?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Thanks for those screenshots of F1 2013. It seems they're still working within the limitations of the consoles, but I have to say they seem to have nailed the colours. It's a bit saturated, but not too much. Looks nice!

Yes and no. I've played both Leviathan and the free Extended Cut, and I consider both to be absolutely crucial to a playthrough of ME3. In fact, I'm quite certain that Leviathan was supposed to have been part of the original game. It expands on the origins and purpose of the Reapers to a degree that makes the lacklustre ending at least tolerable, which is no mean feat.

There are two other big DLC packages, Omega and Citadel, which I haven't played. From what I've seen and heard, Omega is squarely in the 'more of the same' category. Shepard teams up with Aria to liberate Omega from Cerberus (who else...) occupation. Nothing too shocking, I suppose. Citadel seems to be more divisive, with some deriding it as fan-service completely out of place in the context of the Reaper invasion, and others loving every bit of it. There's no denying that it's filled to the brim with stuff though, as it adds up to almost 4GB of data.
    I'm finishing up ME3 and played both Omega and Citadel. The Citadel looks a bit out of place, but it has some amazing dialogue. It would work much better as an epilogue, but since it's quite long and has a lot of things to do it's not too bad.
    Omega is Carrie-Ann Moss thrash-talking the entire station while you kill mooks, so it's definitively worth playing at least once.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    I'm finishing up ME3 and played both Omega and Citadel. The Citadel looks a bit out of place, but it has some amazing dialogue. It would work much better as an epilogue, but since it's quite long and has a lot of things to do it's not too bad.
    Omega is Carrie-Ann Moss thrash-talking the entire station while you kill mooks, so it's definitively worth playing at least once.
    The way I played the Citadel was as Flashback sequences. The main chunk "happened" after Rannoch while everyone was happy we succeeded at doing a thing (it's also the only place Normandy actually saw action except maybe some Reaper skirmishes "off-screen" during planet scanning forays). But I had to complete missions to finish the meet-ups which I wanted to do before throwing the party. Also one person can't show up until after Horizon, so I trotted back over to the Citadel at appropriate seeming moments so Shepard could "remember" intimate moments with crew members and eventually remember the party. Post-Rannoch was also the last time it felt legitimate to pursue something other than the main plot so while I continued doing Citadel meetups and the party after that my head-canon made those things flash-backs.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    LTK, how is Knockknock? I remember watching the trailers and getting a strong sense of spookyness from those. Does the game hold up to the promise?
    It is definitely terrifying, at least if you get in the proper mindset. It exploits that primal human fear of your home, your safe and familiar place, being invaded, leaving you with nowhere to run. It empties its bag of tricks very quickly, though, and it's not hard to figure out how everything works.

I got it from backing the Kickstarter, but at its current price (15% off) I'd definitely say it's worth it. Those screenshots are from the second playthrough, and from the trailers and screenshots I see there are a bunch of things I haven't discovered yet.

Ass Effect

Obscure Node
    GTA downsampled from 4k with simple ENB:

Quote Originally Posted by darkdeus View Post
    as ridiculously good looking as this image is, something about the 2nd and 3rd story windows just looks really stilted and two dimensional.

That first shot could easily be an actual photograph though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Ghosting those guards was probably the hardest part of my pacifist run, that and the helicopter defence scene. 'winning' the defence without causing casualties was tough.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Inspiration for the non-lethal heli rescue mission: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f84NGi7IqE

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Ghosting those guards was probably the hardest part of my pacifist run, that and the helicopter defence scene. 'winning' the defence without causing casualties was tough.
    You can do that? And save the pilot?

edit- oh video!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Drad, I probably killed them in the tutorial. It has been so long I can't even remember. I did manage to save Malik, took me a while though but it was worth it. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    The way I played the Citadel was as Flashback sequences. The main chunk "happened" after Rannoch while everyone was happy we succeeded at doing a thing (it's also the only place Normandy actually saw action except maybe some Reaper skirmishes "off-screen" during planet scanning forays).
    I like this idea. I've been playing the first part of the Citadel DLC last night, and am now doing all the little social events in preparation for what I imagine will be the finale, and I'm definitely seeing why it was received so differently by different people. There's way too much in-jokes and 4th-wall breaking going on for my tastes, but at the same time it has all the charm of the Mass Effect universe - and then some.

Speaking of charm:

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18