Page 467 of 637 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469477517567 ... LastLast
Results 9,321 to 9,340 of 12732

Rest can be found here, I will post the rest later as I don't want to flood the forum with my shots. It's a shame Steam doesn't capture SweetFX settings. :(
    Last edited by asskicker; 13-10-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by asskicker View Post
    Been playing Bioshock 2 (since the Steamworks conversion) and it's actually not as bad as I remember! Been missing around with some SweetFX settings but I think the sharpening is a bit too much.
    And meanwhile I just gave up and uninstalled it yet again because it's gone back to randomly crashing and why can't I play one of my favourite games in all the world when people who don't appreciate its glory can run it fine whaaaaaambulance. Sigh.

Oh, well, all I did was get a little way into Pauper's Drop and that was enough to remind me that yes, it really does slaughter the original and Infinite in every conceivable way. Jesus, Levine, this is what a Bioshock where combat actually involves some degree of skill and tactical thinking on the fly looks like. Apparently it can be done!

Playing Lost Planet 2 with a couple of buddies, this game is nuts.

As good as it can look in screenshots, it looks even better in motion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Henke View Post
    Playing Lost Planet 2 with a couple of buddies, this game is nuts.
    With a good team the multiplayer - co-op or PvP - is absolutely sublime. (The campaign in 2 is doable with the AI, but frequently stupidly frustrating.) One of the most under-rated games in that respect I've ever played. I'd buy it again for PC but I don't expect Capcom to do anything about G4WL. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    And meanwhile I just gave up and uninstalled it yet again because it's gone back to randomly crashing and why can't I play one of my favourite games in all the world when people who don't appreciate its glory can run it fine whaaaaaambulance. Sigh.

Oh, well, all I did was get a little way into Pauper's Drop and that was enough to remind me that yes, it really does slaughter the original and Infinite in every conceivable way. Jesus, Levine, this is what a Bioshock where combat actually involves some degree of skill and tactical thinking on the fly looks like. Apparently it can be done!
    I don't know, I'm more of a story guy and the story just doesn't stick with me, I can't get interested in it. I also don't find the combat to be better or worse than Infinite (can't speak for the original Bioshock, I'm seeing that through nostalgic glasses). I do think they took some hints from Bioshock 2 for the combat in Bioshock Infinite, such as the charging to the enemies.

@crashing, I found out that my RadeonPRO was causing the crashing, maybe you have any other driver manipulation software running? Once I disabled RadeonPRO my crashing stopped.

With a good team the multiplayer - co-op or PvP - is absolutely sublime. (The campaign in 2 is doable with the AI, but frequently stupidly frustrating.) One of the most under-rated games in that respect I've ever played. I'd buy it again for PC but I don't expect Capcom to do anything about G4WL. :(
    Do you guys think Lost Planet 2 will continue to work co-op after GFWL shuts down? I'm looking for a fun game to play co-op with a few buddies.
    Last edited by asskicker; 13-10-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by asskicker View Post
    I don't know, I'm more of a story guy and the story just doesn't stick with me, I can't get interested in it. I also don't find the combat to be better or worse than Infinite (can't speak for the original Bioshock, I'm seeing that through nostalgic glasses). I do think they took some hints from Bioshock 2 for the combat in Bioshock Infinite, such as the charging to the enemies.

@crashing, I found out that my RadeonPRO was causing the crashing, maybe you have any other driver manipulation software running? Once I disabled RadeonPRO my crashing stopped.

Do you guys think Lost Planet 2 will continue to work co-op after GFWL shuts down? I'm looking for a fun game to play co-op with a few buddies.
    Bioshock 2: I honestly do think it's far, far better in every respect, and I mean every respect, than the original game or Infinite, and I really would count it as one of my favourite games of all time. But I was largely just bitching because I thought I'd fixed the crashing (deleted everything from the previous install, changed the .ini file so Havok knows to look for 4 cores) but then it started up again. And I don't have any other drivers beyond, well, the regular Catalyst ones. Can't remember what version, though.

Lost Planet 2: I'll happily be proved wrong, but I can't really see Capcom patching out G4WL... They seem far more interested in pitching Resident Evil and Street Fighter as their big multiplayer franchises: Lost Planet 2 underperformed (partly, I think, because of the unexpected emphasis on multiplayer) and I'm assuming 3 isn't selling too well after the reviews it got. It'd be a crying shame if they leave it as is, it really is one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had, but from a mercenary, purely business point of view I can hardly blame them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

It really is the best of the three on every level. One of the things that bugs the snot out of me is that the little sister chatter is bugged and you often need to do something I can't remember to get it back, or they just stay silent throughout. But yeah, best levels, best combat, by faaaar the best plot, Eleanor is much better than Elizabeth, and... yeah.

Five screenshots of Fez. Mechanical spoilers, so if I were you I'd only look at them if you know what happens in Fez's New Game+.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    That is incredibly cool!
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Henke View Post

As good as it can look in screenshots, it looks even better in motion.
    I can't see the game from all the UI. It's horrible.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Trying to play with no HUD. Can't find places because there is no map,can't shoot for shit..Shame because it looks sexy without hud.

2.20 hours played and yet i completed already 18 % of game :|

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'd give BioShock 1 the nod for better story and atmosphere, and 2 the nod for better gameplay/combat. They are both fantastic games in my book. The first is one of my all time favorite games. Infinite was a big letdown for me. Remember the box art controversy where Levine said he designed the box for your average frat bro who doesn't read about games online, and is just walking down the gaming isle at Walmart looking for whatever grabs his attention? I feel like that's also who he designed the game for.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I vouch for Lost Planet 2 coop. Its completelly insane. You are fighting a monster the size of a building one time, and the next the monster is the size a city. Theres a lot of variety, even these boss have differet styles (but all of them are killed by shooting to the yellow parts). Theres a unlockable system that probably was the inspiration of Mass Effect multiplayer.

If you want to play the best coop games, you must have LP2 in your list.

Crysis 3 sure is pretty. And more open than 2. The CVar editor is a must, it let's you configure pretty much anything. Asides from the silly huge HUD.

EUIV

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    EUIV

France conquered Germany? HA!
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?