Page 478 of 627 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488528578 ... LastLast
Results 9,541 to 9,560 of 12539
    Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    So it's mount & blade IN SPACE? My wallet is itching...
    IMHO you'd be better off getting an X3 pack with Albion Prelude and Terran Conflict. X3 Goldbox is 24,99 on Steam, and contains all three games.

Then, before you even think of playing the game, you go to the Egosoft forums and download some of the great mods (the cockpit mod is a must for me, and I usually get one of the complete overhauls as well) and install them.

Then, finally, you can't play the game. Nope. Go to YouTube and look for an X3 beginner's tutorial and watch it (I would also suggest downloading it, so you don't have to go looking for it every time you need to look something up). There are some really excellent tutorial series that will get you up to speed in no time at all. And with no time at all I mean three to four hours.

After doing that you can finally start the game. Pick the Humble Merchant start so you can sell off your tiny fighter and use your little merchant ship to start making some money. It takes a while to make money and get all the trading upgrades for your ship, but if you keep at it you'll soon have enough money to buy another ship and let the merchant ship do auto trading for you.

It takes a bit of work, but once you get into it, it is amazing. Building a huge trading empire and your own fleet of ships is really satisfying.

Combined with a sector take-over mod or war inspired mod you can control the whole known universe :D Before I got bored and stopped playing i controlled 60% of the galaxy and had wiped out both the Paranids and the Split :D Alien Scum!

If playing X3, do you say go Albion Prelude or Terran Conflict?

Also, LVX156 would you mind linking some of the better mods you recommend?
    Last edited by Raaritsgozilla; 17-11-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Deadfall Adventures

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Beautiful! What kind of game is it?

Looks very indianajonesey.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Only played it briefly so far but, from what I've seen, it's an Indiana Jones/The Mummy style FPS with some puzzle elements thrown in. It definitely has a very budget feel though so I'm surprised they're putting this out there at 33. Seems a bit steep.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post

XRM Rebalance Mod: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=304158

It changes pretty much EVERYTHING, as well as adding about 50 new sectors, new ships, a completely new bounty hunting system, an overhauled merchant system, corporation HQ's and a ton of other things. It also includes cockpits, but I'm not sure if I used those or...

PSCO1 CockpitMod v1.32: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=254635

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post

Counterpoint to his above opinion: I'd go with minimal modding for a first play. The big mods I've tried do make the game significantly more complex and difficult for a new player, and it's not by any means a bad game without them. I've spent hundreds of hours playing vanilla with small mods.

There are a handful of mods that I think are worth installing from the start. I'd go with Albion Prelude as it adds a few things TC doesn't have. It has less in the way of plot content but that's easily fixed:

TC plots in AP mod - self explanatory
    Official bonus pack - assorted utility mods. You'll probably never use half of them, but it's an official supported pack and Commercial Agent is invaluable. Makes stations and traders more efficient and much easier to manage.
    Cycrow's Plugin Manager - not necessary for the above, but makes it easier to install various small mods you might find you want as you play. The forums have an index of mods so you can look for fixes for stuff that bothers you.

Last one that's hardly essential for a new player but very handy nonetheless is an improved automated trader. The vanilla script is kind of dumb, though some purist players object to the increased profit a modded trader can bring in, it does it via smarter trading and less wasted time rather than creating money from thin air.

Anyway, back to screenshots?

Quote Originally Posted by LVX156 View Post
    I second that one. Some of the cockpits look a bit rough around the edges (and the Xenon ones are bloody useless) but having a cockpit really improves immersion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    I tried playing some Crysis 2 but the po-faced-ness of the thing is making me puke. I can only play on short stretches. Looks really pretty though, but don't try to interact with the environment or it will break the immersion.

Kicking taxis is quite fun
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    I also started Burnout Paradise (thanks Gotem), and didn't find it much good.
    Until I found all the classical music on EA TRAX. Hurling down the freeway while hearing the Moonlight Sonata, and then crushing the car on a wall synced to the Air on a G String is quite amusing.

Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Deadfall Adventures
    Looks very good! But the majority of those screenshots could easily pass for Serious Sam BFE.

Binfinite : Burial at Sea (episode one)

Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Network Hub
    F1 2013 with SweetFX, new tyre textures and some custom .ini tweaks. Game looks incredible now.

Network Hub

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Looks very good! But the majority of those screenshots could easily pass for Serious Sam BFE.
    I got an old school Tomb Raider vibe from them actually.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

CoH2

Weather Effects!

I ended up going back to a single screen after that round, because the UI was annoying the heck out of me.