Page 495 of 612 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545595 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,900 of 12224
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deck 1000 View Post
    DCS World just added the MQ-9 Reaper drone to the game.

Now they just need to add NPC wedding parties for proper immersive war crimes.
    It was indeed a rather brazen choice by the Americans to call that thing a 'Reaper'.

Meanwhile in Kerbal Space Program:

After getting a probe into orbit around Minmus, the next step will obviously be to land on its surface. To practise a bit, it was time to head back to Mun with this tried and tested design.

The landing went very smoothly, and actually went right on the first try. I suppose the recent updates have made things a bit more forgiving, because the speed was still quite high when the craft touched down. Parking was a bit of a hassle, though. On this screenshot the new arrival checks in at the manned rover - which unfortunately only holds two!

To make room on Mun - or rather in the rover - for the new arrival, one of the Kerbalnauts returns to Kerbal.

The return, despite running out of fuel - and thus a very high entry speed, works out just fine thanks to the large parachute attached to the crew-capsule.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    suddenly had urge to play FNV

What mods are you using, coldwave? Especially the visual ones, those top two shots are fantastic!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thejimster View Post
    What mods are you using, coldwave? Especially the visual ones, those top two shots are fantastic!
    Nevada Skies URWLified v7.15 and some ENB preset from NVN. iHud to disable HUD( still it doesn't work in combat so I have to turn off hud through console "tm 0"). Also a no-blur mod.

DayZ.

Yeah... and FYI it wasn't even a Russian server.

This begs for "welcome to DayZ" caption or something.

He probably just wanted a bat.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 31-12-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Haven't played the game myself, so correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of DayZ is that it's more or less death match with NPCs these days.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Haven't played the game myself, so correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of DayZ is that it's more or less death match with NPCs these days.
    Pretty sure that's what it always was. People talk about co-operation and working together but all you're really doing is playing Team Deathmatch instead. :-P

(Haven't actually played DayZ, doubt I ever will. The screenshots people are posting do look pretty, though, I'll give it that.)

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    DayZ lets you roleplay almost anything if you want. Don't want to kill other players? You'll probably die because yes, other people will shoot on sight most of the time because better safe than sorry or because they are assholes, but no one is forcing you to do the same. The map is pretty big. Run away and hide. Go inna woods. Hunt rabbits. Observe. Sooner or later some random stuff worthy of seeing might happen. Of course, better option is to team up with friends and survive together.

So yeah, it's TDM but you are free to say "screw rules" and do whatever you want.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Is this the modern Ivan "Iron Man" Stewart's Super Off-Road remake it appears to be?
    Pretty much. It's a very simple arcade racer with similar physics and nitro action. It has a pretty neat track editor linked to Steam Workshop as well. It's currently $2.50, which is a fair price for what you get.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Meanwhile in Kerbal Space Program
    Kerbal's one of those games I keep telling myself I really must buy the next time it appears in a sale and yet never do. Probably because I already have a huge games back log and Kerbal looks very time consuming, like it will take a few weeks play just to get to that stage. No idea if that's the case, it just looks that way.

On another space related note, can anyone remember the name of that program folks were screen shoting from a while back, that let you take pictures from the surface of Saturn's moons and things like that? It was like a kind of solar system explorer type program.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Chaz, I dont think it was Celestia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestia

But atleast that has a neat list at the bottom of similar programs which might have what you are looking for.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    On another space related note, can anyone remember the name of that program folks were screen shoting from a while back, that let you take pictures from the surface of Saturn's moons and things like that? It was like a kind of solar system explorer type program.
    It wasn't Space Engine, was it? Duncan Harris in particular was nuts for that at one point.

No other game gave me so much adrenaline.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Kerbal's one of those games I keep telling myself I really must buy the next time it appears in a sale and yet never do. Probably because I already have a huge games back log and Kerbal looks very time consuming, like it will take a few weeks play just to get to that stage. No idea if that's the case, it just looks that way.
    It is perhaps somewhat counter-intuitive, but I've found the most difficult part of Kerbal (at least in Sandbox mode, I haven't tried the Campaign that has been built in over the past months) is the vehicle assembly. You'll need to think about what you want the craft to accomplish, and built accordingly. Gravity has a way of making a fool out of everyone that gets overenthusiastic about expanding the ship. It's why the Kerbal forums are filled with interplanetary ships that are assembled module-by-module in orbit around Kerbal. Pretty much like the real word ISS was. Once you're out there in space, you're limited by the capabilities of your craft in regards to how far you can go and where you can land, but space flight itself is quite easy. If only because once you get the hang of the (simplified) basic orbital mechanics, it all becomes very clear how to achieve certain targets. Docking two crafts together requires some thought, though, and will no doubt elicit some swear words the first few times.

Anyway, as always with these Early Access deals, I'd suggest waiting for actual full release if you're not in a 'NEED THIS NOW' state of mind about the game.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

2014-01-01_00001.jpgMirror's Edge.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Noobs are partying hard, due to broken melee it looked almost Yakety Sax worthy. I helped the fireextinguisher guy but I think he died from boodloss. Perhaps the decision to take away a starting weapon was a right one. Or maybe not. And yeah, blood looks absolutely terrible.

Last edited by coldvvvave; 02-01-2014 at 08:48 AM.

DCS World just added the MQ-9 Reaper drone to the game.

I saw one of these at Farnborough not long ago and was really surprised by how large it was.
    Last edited by SanguineAngel; 02-01-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    I think that may well be the one, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Chaz, I dont think it was Celestia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestia

But atleast that has a neat list at the bottom of similar programs which might have what you are looking for.
    Some great links in there, cheers Pep.

I got the Universe Sandbox for my dad in the Steam sale, as he's doing an OU degree in Astronomy and thought it might help him to be able to see things in motion. He's retired now and in his 70's but has always been into science and sci-fi etc. I picked that one because his machine is a few years old now and just uses on board graphics. For myself however I wouldn't mind something a bit juicier and pretty looking. Plenty to look at there on that Celestia page, but I think Space Engine was the one I was thinking of, however will have a look at them all if poss. Thanks folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    It is perhaps somewhat counter-intuitive, but I've found the most difficult part of Kerbal (at least in Sandbox mode, I haven't tried the Campaign that has been built in over the past months) is the vehicle assembly. You'll need to think about what you want the craft to accomplish, and built accordingly. Gravity has a way of making a fool out of everyone that gets overenthusiastic about expanding the ship. It's why the Kerbal forums are filled with interplanetary ships that are assembled module-by-module in orbit around Kerbal. Pretty much like the real word ISS was. Once you're out there in space, you're limited by the capabilities of your craft in regards to how far you can go and where you can land, but space flight itself is quite easy. If only because once you get the hang of the (simplified) basic orbital mechanics, it all becomes very clear how to achieve certain targets. Docking two crafts together requires some thought, though, and will no doubt elicit some swear words the first few times.

Anyway, as always with these Early Access deals, I'd suggest waiting for actual full release if you're not in a 'NEED THIS NOW' state of mind about the game.
    Yeah I think this is definitely one that will be a must buy purchase when it hits full release stage. I mean it looks pretty damn good now, but I think in this case waiting for full release is probably the better option. There's always the danger with buying in early with these things, that by the time the full release come out you've already had your fun with it. I know that's not necessarily a bad thing but......

Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Still so very yummy. <3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    More Skyrim:

Think this is one of my favorite screens I've ever taken