Page 496 of 674 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506546596 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,920 of 13461
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks for the mod recommendations, I'll check them out. You are right in that enb makes a huge difference. You can disable with shift+f12 so I took some comparison shots so you can see the difference...

without ENB

with ENB

without ENB

with ENB

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Kerbal Space Program

I started a Campaign, so the order of the day is doing experiments to collect Research Points. One of the experiments? An EVA! Don't try this at home.

Back in my Sandbox game, I placed this rather sizeable module operated by a single Kerbalnaut in a nice 250km orbit around Kerbin. Unfortunately, it has no way of returning to the planet.

To fix that rather problematic downside of the module, I launched this three-man capsule operated by a single Kerbalnaut to provide a possible return flight.

Now that the two craft are docked together, the Kerbalnaut in the first module will be able to return to Kerbin with his colleague, should he at some point wish to.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

1st ID addon I'm working on for A3.

Honestly I like the pics of Skyrim without ENB more.
    The colors are more natural, and the contrast is correct.
    On the second picture the background is not visable, because the contrast is so high.
    But I can understand that many prefer the more exagerated look.
    Last edited by bad guy; 03-01-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    Yeah, this is no doubt my favorite Mirrors Edge level.

Long Live The Queen

...downloading Utena now...
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 03-01-2014 at 12:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

I think they look quite good with the ENB on. I still don't like that depth of field effect, it just looks far to heavy. Is there some way you can disable it? Overall it might not look terribly natural, but the extra vibrancy the ENB provides just makes everything look that much more "alive" and touchable. In that second shot it makes the armour look fantastic. Alas I think I'll have to wait until I upgrade my vid card in the next couple of months before I can use an ENB, as I have a feeling they're a bit frame rate hungry.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    I think they look quite good with the ENB on. I still don't like that depth of field effect, it just looks far to heavy. Is there some way you can disable it? Overall it might not look terribly natural, but the extra vibrancy the ENB provides just makes everything look that much more "alive" and touchable. In that second shot it makes the armour look fantastic. Alas I think I'll have to wait until I upgrade my vid card in the next couple of months before I can use an ENB, as I have a feeling they're a bit frame rate hungry.
    IIRC while the ENB addon itself doesn't allow for a GUI or anything like that, the way it works lets anyone tweak it as much as they want to by altering script and .ini files and what have you. That's what all the myriad variations are, they're basically people going "Well, I think it would be better if X was set to this" and then other people either using those settings as is or taking them and tweaking them yet again to create their own particular look. So lots of them end up looking very different to Boris Vorontsov's original mod - you can get really technical with what you can make it do - but they all come from the same thing.

Never even attempted to alter any of the settings myself, though, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Also, the whole "It looks natural/unnatural" debate amuses me because even Boris Vorontsov has (or had) a lengthy "Shut up, Skyrim by default looks completely unnatural, ENB is the way it should be" rant on his homepage. I'm half and half, personally; I think people put a little too much faith in this setting or that setting as "correct". The real world can often look as drab and brown as Gears of War. Natural can depend on a hell of a lot of different things.
    Last edited by Eight Rooks; 03-01-2014 at 01:36 PM.

I don't know much about ENB but when I used one in New Vegas it had an ingame configuration tool, a bunch of modifierss and options. At least it let me disable the horrible FoV effect. The game looks good on screenshots but is unplayable with the default ENB preset I used.

SephKings' screenshot skills are over 9000. :D

I can get that same effect as ENB by aiming an industrial strength floodlight at my screen, smear some vaseline on my glasses and play games... Definitely looks better without ENB, but hey, to each their own :)

Hey, at twilight with streetlights and headlights, real life looks like I've added an ENB filter to it! fuzzines and brighter colours are quite nice
    Last edited by SanguineAngel; 03-01-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SanguineAngel View Post
    Hey, at twilight with streetlights and headlights, real life looks like I've added an ENB filter to it! fuzzines and brighter colours are quite nice
    Ah but is it real life or is that just what the machines want you to think. Now, where's my Virtual Tin Foil Hat of +1 Paranoia.

I think Arma2/Dayz is the closest thing to photorealism we have now, at least the nature part. Maybe Arma 3 but landscape is unfamiliar for me so can't say.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    How does the game run so far,is it very demanding because its on Arma 2 engine ?

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    How does the game run so far,is it very demanding because its on Arma 2 engine ?
    Yep it's demanding, some say even more than ARMA2 itself or even ARMA3. On my pc( i7, gf770) it works fine 99% of the time but there are some serious framerate problems in two biggest cities( drop to 20fps unless I disable all pretty stuff). I think it's very hungry for video memory and more than 2gb is very much necessary. Or maybe it's just works bad for everyone, I dunno.

Injustice: Gods Among Us is not quite as explicit and 'hands on' as Mortal Kombat, but still good fun - even if I'm still rather terrible at these games.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Hah, I go away for a week and Sephking has already relapsed?

..excellent..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Just the one because the screenshot uploader was giving me grief yesterday, I might do some more at a later date. Also I upgraded my monitors since the last time I posted here from three 1680x1050s to three 1080ps so there are even more pixels to navigate into your tiny eye holes.

aerofly FS (click to make big):

Not the best shot, but it's an extremely pretty sim.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by De_willy View Post
    SephKings' screenshot skills are over 9000. :D
    Hah, thanks squire :) I genuinely don't understand how people prefer vanilla Skyrim to settings I have but, like BadManiac said, to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    Hah, I go away for a week and Sephking has already relapsed?

..excellent..
    Indeed, although to be fair I did last a good 40+ hours of Skyrim before the temptation got the better of me and I haven't taken screens in anything else (apart from a couple in Pool Nation). I'm just at the last stage in Skyrim (I think) and I've stopped taking shots to avoid spoilers for others so don't have many left. I'll mostly be gaming on my new laptop over the next month at least so doubt I'll be taking screens on that.
    Last edited by SephKing; 04-01-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Beating up superheroes is fun, but so is science (read: useless mucking about in space). Therefore: Kerbal Space Program!

The polar icecap seems alien enough to this Kerbalnaut to warrant planting a flag.

I'm sure the astronauts at the ISS appreciate not having to perform an EVA every time they want to move to a different module. The Kerbalnauts do, however, and it seems they don't really mind.

The fastest Kerbal in history?

The Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2 has been docked to the growing station. I realised later that I should have put a big docking ring on its opposite side rather than the small one I have now. Oh well!