Page 502 of 641 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552602 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,040 of 12811
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rirdeg View Post
    I believe that is some version of Company of Heroes.

Banner Saga looks lovely! Gameplay looks interesting too.

I cut up pic in paint from Company Of Heroes GOLD EDITION,second game is Medieval 2 with stainless steel mod,then STALER:CoP and last Resident Evil Revelations.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Next Car Game AKA Flatout: Flat harder looks really great, that's some great shots, Rirderg.

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    I love it too, it has some horrible elements, but the sound, the environment, the views and visuals, I love everything about it.
    Me too. Absolutely amazing, for what today would be considered an Early Access game, at best. Shows how Steam is "devaluating" games nowadays.
    Here's some more:

Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar

Improvised Exploding Vehicles

Gliders...
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by BadManiac View Post
    Thanks! Yeah Tera looks utterly amazing sometimes. I'm Level 40, play on Celestial Hills. Been playing on and off since the KTerra beta. The only "modern" (I.E. not Ultima Online) MMORPG I've ever gotten into to any degree.
    Ah, I see, quite a bit higher than my character(s). I've only reached the mid 20's, I believe. But like you, I also play it on and off. So many games, so little time.
    Yeah, I can relate to that. The combat is a bit different from a lot of MMORPGs as well, which is a nice change. It's more action-orientated, I feel.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Light

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Light
    Light? That's a difficult name to Google successfully. Looks interesting and also pretty.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Light? That's a difficult name to Google successfully. Looks interesting and also pretty.
    This is where I got it from. Download at your own risk, I followed a youtube link as I could not get the Russian site to work to download it. It's kind of like Dear Esther but very short and very pretty/atmospheric. And very unfinished...

Hit P to start playing from the main menu, F to take out your flashlight.

Network Hub
    Assetto Corsa

Live for Speed

AC is starting to look & drive really nice. I just hope the online part of the game can live up to my expectations.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Duck View Post
    I love Far Cry 2! Such a great game.

I know I'm in the extreme minority but I was so disappointed in FC3. It had lost everything that made FC2 special and replaced it with a video game about collecting shit and ticking check boxes. :(
    Pretty much. FarCry2 plays better, and looks better than FarCry3.

Some robin hood: (tactical/puzzle game in the same vein as Commandos. Its old, but still looks gorgeous and its a blast to play. Along with Desperados and Commandos its one of my favotires)

Last edited by smullyoz; 18-01-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Network Hub

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I wanted to like Far Cry 2 so much but the checkpoints and randomly generated enemy cars on the roads just completely killed the game for me. I've tried reinstalling and playing through it more times than I can remember but, every time, I get a couple of hours in and just get fed up with haivng to fight through the same checkpoint or have the same scenario where I get shot at from a randomly generated enemy car and have to repair my vehicle for the thousandth frickin time. I wish someone made a mod to disable them.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    I wanted to like Far Cry 2 so much but the checkpoints and randomly generated enemy cars on the roads just completely killed the game for me. I've tried reinstalling and playing through it more times than I can remember but, every time, I get a couple of hours in and just get fed up with haivng to fight through the same checkpoint or have the same scenario where I get shot at from a randomly generated enemy car and have to repair my vehicle for the thousandth frickin time. I wish someone made a mod to disable them.
    It's a first person shooter. You shoot stuff. The more the merrier. I never understood this complaint. If they removed spawning, you'd complain about the empty the world is. I repeat, its a first person SHOOTER.

And there is always the option of avoiding the checkpoints or using the bus system. But where is the fun in that?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by smullyoz View Post
    It's a first person shooter. You shoot stuff. The more the merrier. I never understood this complaint. If they removed spawning, you'd complain about the empty the world is. I repeat, its a first person SHOOTER.

And there is always the option of avoiding the checkpoints or using the bus system. But where is the fun in that?
    Because some people just want to get on with the story and do the side missions without having to fight through the exact same checkpoint a hundred times over. Or they just want drive to objectives/explore without constantly having enemy cars with 50 cals on the back, spawning and shooting at you (with no way to avoid or outrun them).

Just because I play an adventure game that revolves around talking, that doesn't mean I want to have the exact same conversation with an NPC a hundred times over.
    Last edited by SephKing; 18-01-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Because some people just want to get on with the story and do the side missions without having to fight through the exact same checkpoint a hundred times over. Or they just want drive to objectives/explore without constantly having enemy cars with a 50 cals on the back, spawning and shooting at you (with no way to avoid or outrun them).

Just because I play an adventure game that revolves around talking, that doesn't mean I want to have the exact same conversation with an NPC a hundred times over.
    Its not same conversation because each fire fight was different.

And i never had a problem with getting on with the story. As i said, you can avoid checkpoints if you wish. Or be stealthy, or use the buses, etc. Did you complain that you had to shoot stuff in Call of Duty? No. FarCry2 is no different. It's a corridor shooter set in an open world. Not an RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    It's a corridor shooter set in an open world. Not an RPG.
    He's saying that the repetitiveness of the checkpoints was boring, not that he didn't want to play a shooter. Saying that it's the same type of game as CoD is just blatantly false.

@Sephking: Did you try using waterways to get around? You cut down on a lot of the random fire fights (though you don't eliminate them entirely) by nicking a boat instead of driving along the roads.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Its not same conversation because each fire fight was different.

And i never had a problem with getting on with the story. As i said, you can avoid checkpoints if you wish. Or be stealthy, or use the buses, etc. Did you complain that you had to shoot stuff in Call of Duty? No. FarCry2 is no different. It's a corridor shooter set in an open world. Not an RPG.
    Your opinion is wrong.

There, I said it more succinctly than you. If that sounds like a shit point to you, it's your own point repeated back to you with the justifications stripped out.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Your opinion is wrong.

There, I said it more succinctly than you. If that sounds like a shit point to you, it's your own point repeated back to you with the justifications stripped out.
    How about trying to say something sensible rather than trying to be a smartass.

The checkpoints are no more repetitive than the waves of enemies in a Call of Duty type game. It's a shooter for fuks sake.

How about trying to say something sensible rather than trying to be a smartass.

The checkpoints are no more repetitive than the waves of enemies in a Call of Duty type game. It's a shooter for fuks sake.
    How do you feel about FC3? Often seems to be that those that love FC2 aren't keen on three. I'm the opposite - I much prefer 3. I think the respawning in 2 ruins the "ticking-things-off-as-done" that my brain likes to do. I love the African setting of FC2 and lighting things on fire was fun too.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice