Page 516 of 657 FirstFirst ... 16416466506514515516517518526566616 ... LastLast
Results 10,301 to 10,320 of 13140
  1. #10301
    Amazing shots SephKing! Did you manage to get AA in Castlevania or is it just because you play at stupid high res? The game looks great but suffers BADLY from jaggies and I haven't found a way to get rid of them.

    And also, how are you liking it so far?

  2. #10302
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    ^^ Very nice. Wish I had the patience to get into flight sims :)
    DCS is quite easy. I used to play Flaming Cliffs 2 all the time, was like a "jump in mode" where you just start flying and you can shoot down waves of planes that start easy and increase in difficulty :)

    I will definitely get Flaming Cliffs 3 on Steam when it drops to a nice bargain price :)

  3. #10303
    Network Hub DetCord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    You tell me
    Posts
    331







  4. #10304
    Moderator Anthile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    People's Republic of Germany
    Posts
    2,582
    Sephking, are you doing Elite Force in the future?
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

    to wound the autumnal city.

  5. #10305
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,839
    What is that plane game with the JetBlue.... FSX?

  6. #10306
    Activated Node plat0nic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    55
    Here's me rippin some flesh off in Eldevin the other day. Fun PvP you get to join at level 10 (bolster to max level)

    eldevin.jpg
    -=-=-= Eldevin Characters =-=-=-
    Battle Mage: Plat0nicHate (Lvl 34) | Templar: PLat0nic (Lvl 22)
    -=-=-= Stomping Eldevin n00bs since Beta =-=-=-

  7. #10307
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    353
    The visuals in flight sims (which is what I'm assuming DetCord posted) never cease to amaze me. They're one of those genres (along with racing games) that always seem to produce great shots.

  8. #10308
    Lesser Hivemind Node L_No's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    The visuals in flight sims (which is what I'm assuming DetCord posted) never cease to amaze me. They're one of those genres (along with racing games) that always seem to produce great shots.
    That last shot was particularly beautiful.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

  9. #10309
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,939
    Quote Originally Posted by BadManiac View Post
    Amazing shots SephKing! Did you manage to get AA in Castlevania or is it just because you play at stupid high res? The game looks great but suffers BADLY from jaggies and I haven't found a way to get rid of them.

    And also, how are you liking it so far?
    Thanks man.

    Stupidly high res :) It's actually a lot better than I was expecting. I'm generally not a huge fan of hack and slash type games but I've been getting quite into it. Can't say I'm hugely impressed with the graphics though. It has it's moments but, for the most part, it's pretty average at best.

    Anthile: I don't have that one I'm afraid squire.

  10. #10310
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,326
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    What is that plane game with the JetBlue.... FSX?
    I think a Embraer 190 judging on the nose, engines and operator(jetblue).

    Detcord, those shots are wonderful!

    SephKing, I can indeed recommend getting a joystick of sorts, Quite a few nice one can be had now for the price of a AAA game on release. Or you could always get a X-52 second hand: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAITEK-PRO-F...item4acfe27af2

    Mine is completely worn out and already in use since 2006. Some pots are not as good as they used to be be(dirt on the tracks) but in general is still very flyable.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

    Bread?

  11. #10311
    Network Hub DetCord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    You tell me
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    What is that plane game with the JetBlue.... FSX?
    Yep, FSX. I'd be flying in P3D but it still has a lot of quirks.

    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    I think a Embraer 190 judging on the nose, engines and operator(jetblue).

    Detcord, those shots are wonderful!

    SephKing, I can indeed recommend getting a joystick of sorts, Quite a few nice one can be had now for the price of a AAA game on release. Or you could always get a X-52 second hand: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAITEK-PRO-F...item4acfe27af2

    Mine is completely worn out and already in use since 2006. Some pots are not as good as they used to be be(dirt on the tracks) but in general is still very flyable.
    Airbus A320 CFM to be exact.








  12. #10312
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,326
    Aaah, I see now! Looks lovely! What countryside mod is that for the UK?
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

    Bread?

  13. #10313

  14. #10314
    Lesser Hivemind Node Kodeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Stupidly high res :)
    What GPU is driving your stupidly high res (I think I saw you say earlier it was 4k)? And how big of an impact does your stupidly high res have on what you can do in terms of settings, etc...? I recently built a new rig with one GTX 770, and lately I've been thinking of upgrading my crap 1920x1200 TN panel for a 2560x1600 IPS, but I'm not sure how much of an impact it'll have on other performance.

  15. #10315
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,326
    Aaah, and once again im reminded I really should get that somday(UT).
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

    Bread?

  16. #10316
    Network Hub DetCord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    You tell me
    Posts
    331







  17. #10317
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Can't say I'm hugely impressed with the graphics though. It has it's moments but, for the most part, it's pretty average at best.
    I agree on a technical level it's not that impressive, its console roots are pretty obvious. But what makes it look good in my opinion is the design of everything. In some spots I think it's a really damn pretty game.

  18. #10318
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    What GPU is driving your stupidly high res (I think I saw you say earlier it was 4k)? And how big of an impact does your stupidly high res have on what you can do in terms of settings, etc...? I recently built a new rig with one GTX 770, and lately I've been thinking of upgrading my crap 1920x1200 TN panel for a 2560x1600 IPS, but I'm not sure how much of an impact it'll have on other performance.
    I've got an i5 4670 (@4.4ghz) and 2x GTX680's. For most older games 4K runs great but for newer games, they really struggle. Some games, like Battlefield 4 are quite well optimised for it but other really struggle. On average Id'd say it gives a 60-70% frame rate reduction going from 1080p to 4K. Newer games I've got to run smoothly so far (on their max settings) at that res are Dirt 3 (50-80fps), Battlefield 4 (40-60fps), Resident Evil 6 (60+fps), Tomb Raider (only with Tress FX disabled, 40-70fps), Just Cause 2 (50+FPS). Most games 3 years or more run great.

    Badmaniac: You're not wrong squire, it definitely has it's moments. It's convinced me to buy Castlevania 2 when it released.

  19. #10319
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,246
    Europe League - Group stage,playing as Roma. I bought Droba and Eto'o,plus Kampl is coming in january!







  20. #10320
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,246



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •