Page 519 of 613 FirstFirst ... 19419469509517518519520521529569 ... LastLast
Results 10,361 to 10,380 of 12250
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Sweet pics!

I would imagine iron sights are irrelevant if you have a scope. Why would they need to line up?
    Well, aren't both used to aim? If they point to different places, where does the bullet go?
    I think it has something to do with distance, but I'm waiting for someone that knows more about this than me. I haven't even seen a gun IRL.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Well, aren't both used to aim? If they point to different places, where does the bullet go?
    I think it has something to do with distance, but I'm waiting for someone that knows more about this than me. I haven't even seen a gun IRL.
    The problem here is that you think the iron sight is the only thing that needs to be aimed through. You need to align the sight nearer the stock with the iron sight to get a bullet where you aim. The scope is the same principle (pretty much), but just elevated

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    (Most of my gun knowledge comes from Arma)

Sights have to be "zeroed" to a specific range. They'll be aligned to a specific point maybe 50-100m ahead, so aiming dead center at that distance will hit the target. At a shorter or longer distance the bullet will hit above or below the crosshairs. Many guns have adjustable sights so you can estimate the range to your target and dial it in, Arma and Red Orchestra let you do this. Other scopes can have markers for distance, or simply be fixed and leave you to guess.

In that screenshot it's probably a scope that's been mounted on a rifle in game rather than a dedicated sniper rifle. The iron sight ring at the front is designed to be used with the little sight you can see at the base of the scope. The scope's higher up, so aligning it with the iron sights would result in aiming at a point right in front of the barrel. In real life the dials you can see would be used to adjust it independently, I'm not sure how much adjustment DayZ allows.

Network Hub
    The rifle in those DayZ screens look like a Russian Moisin Nagant rifle. They were also used as snipers and the iron sights were molded to the barrel and could not be removed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Trine 2

Can't believe noone has yet posted some NaissanceE pics! Easily the most atmospheric game of the decade:

random

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I had a dream about that football game because of you daftpunk

i've never even played it

this was all in allcaps but the filter destroyed it, so take my word on how livid i am

I'm currently playing Divinity 2 The Dragon Knight Saga (again, thanks Steam for eating my almost completed savegame...) I'd post screenshots but this game... isn't the best looking game ever...

I could post some shots if you guys promise to be nice?

Obscure Node
    Batman and the missing torso. I spent far too long looking at this fella.

Batman game need damage model as seen in SOF2!!

7 matches left in Serie A,we just defeated Sevilla in Europe League. We can say that Roma is dominating this season jap.

(And this is my B team haha,otherwise in attack i have Eto'o(LWF),Drogba(CF),Kampl(RWF),Pjanić(AMF) and few changes in defense)

Divinity 2 - Dragon Knight Saga

Quote Originally Posted by BadManiac View Post
    I'm currently playing Divinity 2 The Dragon Knight Saga (again, thanks Steam for eating my almost completed savegame...) I'd post screenshots but this game... isn't the best looking game ever...

What's it like? I always meant to play it, but never got around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImpZA View Post
    What's it like? I always meant to play it, but never got around to it.
    I like it a lot. It's got really good storytelling with some really interesting twists on old clichés, it's got some humor about itself, voice acting is ok and the music is straight up fantastic, you'll be humming some of the tunes at work :p.
    Combat is fairly hack&slash-ey with "action" blocking and roll dodging, and it's pretty hard, you definitely can't rush into fights.
    It's a big game too, plenty of content and no hand holding, you have to read the quest text to know where to go and what to do, and even then sometimes you really have to explore and search around. And to find all the side quests and stuff you'll really have to explore the maps well.

Quote Originally Posted by BadManiac View Post

Nothing to worry about there, nice shots :)
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    Nothing to worry about there, nice shots :)
    Thanks, here have some more! :D Trying to get some more "SephKing style" action shots. Sadly I can't hide the interface :(

Divinity 2 The Dragon Knight Saga

View from high up on Lord Lovis' tower.

Many, many pesky skeletons.

Lord Lovis himself.
    Last edited by BadManiac; 25-02-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Divinity 2 The Dragon Knight Saga

The game has got its moments for sure.