Page 544 of 671 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544545546554594644 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,880 of 13419
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    Need to find out how to change aspect ratio in the game lol.

Edit - Upon further reading, apparently Remedy has stated a widescreen fix for this game would be extremely difficult. I guess sticking to 4:3 resolutions would be best.
    You could try https://www.widescreenfixer.org/
    I believe that's what I used last time I played MP2 and it seemed to at least partially correct things.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    Thanks for the vid fumarole. Is that level from the original game? Reminds me of the very first level lol.

Awesome pack of screens there too :)
    Thanks.

I think the level in the video is an adaptation from the level in the first game. Many things are the same, like the big drop at the start, the broken bridge and the loop. The cows too, of course. I want to say the level in the first game was called Beef Curtains, but my memory on that is kinda fuzzy.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Seriously ? Crysis 3 thank you very much. (Seph please..)
    Hmmm, it's a tough one to call for best graphics last year. I'm torn between Metro Last Light, ARMA 3, Crysis 3 Tomb Raider & Battlefield 4 single player (honorable mention to Gunslinger).

Crysis 3 was definitely a spectacle

Last edited by SephKing; 01-04-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Metro really impressed me in places also...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

I did have better examples but these are the only ones left as I'm not posting new stuff anymore and have cleared out most of my imageshack account.

Gun to the head, I'd probably be more inclined to go the Battlefied 4 direction. Some of the set pieces in that game are truly incredible, despite the game itself being a pile of shite ....SP wise anyway

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    You could try https://www.widescreenfixer.org/
    I believe that's what I used last time I played MP2 and it seemed to at least partially correct things.
    Thanks man, I will try that soon.

I tried the 4:3 mode this morning (1400x1050 I think), looked actually quite nice. I don't mind the 4:3 aspect ratio, nice kick back to older times :)

I don't remember how much in order these are, but I thought I'd just share them to celebrate how moody Max Payne 2 actually kind of is, but in a good way, reflected through it's art and colour :)

^You can kill the sniper so his body is there when you investigate :D

Activated Node
    They really nailed the dilapidated tenement look and sound. Having spent a part of my youth in a place like that it's like going down memory lane (minus the cleaners). Also I felt MP 1 and 2 had a mystery about them with the whole supernatural/surreal vibe going on that was completely absent from MP3.
    Last edited by unclepauly; 02-04-2014 at 04:39 AM.

My Ironman campaign as the Kingdom of Denmark (Scandinavian Nation formed), concluded in 1821.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Angel of Darkness is a real Tomb Raider, really. I don't understand why it was so panned, I haven't encountered any bugs so far. The initial setup has a lot of trial and error, but other than that.
    The tank controls are absolutely excruciating, but other than that I think it would be a better fit for remake than Anniversary.

Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Angel of Darkness is a real Tomb Raider, really. I don't understand why it was so panned, I haven't encountered any bugs so far. The initial setup has a lot of trial and error, but other than that.
    It came late, released on PC and PS2, I believe at that time people were tired of the tank controls. It's less other things I bet. I'm quite sure this was the first "next-gen" TR on PS2 as well, and even more when the game is competing with the best games of PS2.

The game iirc was advertised as a reboot to the franchise, more simply expectations gradually changed as time went on as well. People were expecting more from a reboot of the series.

Importantly after Angel of Darkness and the poor critical and sales response, the development responsibility transferred from Core Design to Crystal Dynamics. And because of that critical and poor sales response, this was the last of the "classic" TR games. The team change I think benefited the series at this time. I am a fan of the original releases (mainly the very first game) and Anniversary/Underworld/Legend. I think Underworld was the peak of the series. All developed by CD.

Personally though not a fan of the new Crystal Dynamics games with the latest reboot. The current team is still Crystal Dynamics, but they are clearly not making the same kind of game anymore.
    Last edited by rockman29; 02-04-2014 at 08:20 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Hmmm, it's a tough one to call for best graphics last year. I'm torn between Metro Last Light, ARMA 3, Crysis 3 Tomb Raider & Battlefield 4 single player (honorable mention to Gunslinger).

Crysis 3 was definitely a spectacle

http://imageshack.com/a/img834/6541/...0617591078.jpg
    Wonderful timing! Crysis 3 is indeed a fantastic looking game, as these screenshots prove beyond doubt, but I don't much care for the colours. They seem a bit off, exaggerated, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Interesting to see. I have given this game a pass because of the overwhelmingly negative reviews, but it might be fun to check out next time the Tomb Raider games go on sale.

Some World of Warcraft.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18