Page 555 of 688 FirstFirst ... 55455505545553554555556557565605655 ... LastLast
Results 11,081 to 11,100 of 13744
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Jamozk posted Star wars: Empire at War, and rockman posted Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    Damnit, Tritagonist. You're making me want to play WoW again, after being clean for ~3 years. Someone slap me, please.
    I'm sorry - three years is a long time, though. If you're curious you might want to check in for a month with the new expansion due later this year. That will allow you to instantly get any one character up to the current level cap so you can jump in with all the others in the new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    And they totally butchered levelling up. Forget talents every level, you get a choice of 3 every 5 or 10 or so. Plus you level up so fast, which is normally a good thing! But instead of being this fairly sedate, enjoyable way of passing an evening in duskwood or something, you're there a few hours and then you're done. Woosh.
    It's true that a lot of things are now easier, and that levelling time has been cut enormously. Really, if you never played Classic WoW you will not believe how long it took to level back then. The levels 85-90, which are current expansion content, still last something like 5-8 hours depending on how you play, but everything before that sweeps by in an hour or two at most. Below level 70 you're looking at even less time per level.

The problem is that Blizzard sort of had to do this. The world itself is now very underpopulated. It was fun to be in a zone for a few evenings when it was filled with people your level, who you could quest with and get to know. No doubt 2005 was more fun than 2014 in terms of sub-level-cap content (think of that, though: nine years!). But these days most people will be playing in instanced areas at level cap, and slogging through 89 levels on your own in almost barren zones isn't as fun as some make it out to be. It's another reason for the 'boost a character to level 90' feature that comes with the new expansion.

WoW's open world has never been the most vibrant place to be, and instanced dungeons, instanced battlegrounds, instanced raids, flying mounts, teleport to instance, teleport to battleground, cross-realm group finders etc. have all contributed to draining the world of its inhabitants. People sit around in big cities until their cross-realm instanced dungeon queue jumps them halfway across the world into a 20 minute run with people who they'll never meet again. Unfortunately, despite all that, there hasn't been anything for me that has been able to match the fun that is on offer. And despite the flaws, there is still a tremendous amount of fun to be had.

Anyway, a screenshot of the exterior of the Halls of Origination in Uldum:

Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    The AI player in the bottom of the screen was shooting ion cannon at me the entire game! My base turned into quite the cratered mess.
    Great to see C&C: Tiberian Sun again.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 22-04-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Since Vashj'ir is underwater and its storyline was mostly abandoned - even the single instance there has no quest - I usually avoid it, so Hyjal it is.
    I liked Vashj'ir, probably my favourite Cataclysm zone, but then I'm a sucker for anything with an underwater theme.

Anyway, I've had the Goblin Menace DLC for Trine 2 sitting around on my hard drive for ages now without playing it despite adoring the original game Today I played through both the original and the DLC campaigns in two sittings and it's been wonderful.

Here be screens!

I think the story has absolutely nothing to do with any of the area or game design. The DLC starts you off with goblins invading the city you're in, then literally picks you up and drops you in a desert.

... then you go to a crazy Egyptian temple, but it's full of goblins. Mummy goblins!

And of course lots of cool physics puzzles.

Then we get out of the temple and immediately get eaten by Sarlacc!

Don't even ask.

I'm a wizard, a knight and a thief magically combined into one, swallowed by a gigantic sandworm and now I'm bouncing around summoned boxes on its internal organs. Computer games are awesome.

Not creepy at all...

Goblins!

More Goblins! That sack is the main objective of the game btw. It doesn't matter.

Crazy elemental-crab thing on a flying island with Chinese architecture.

The awesomest flying machine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Great to see C&C: Tiberian Sun again.
    Thanks bud :D

I started another game for kicks before I came back in here, and ran into an ion storm and had to take some pics :P

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (skirmish on Casey's Canyon)

A lightning bolt frying some of my infantry :)

And the little electrocuted men just after, what a great game :D

And wasn't sure if I posted this screen, that is my car spinning out under two other cars in Next Car Game - Early Access (the last update from Apr 17 added in 5 paint jobs for each of the 3 available cars, plus a new destruction derby level and another race track, and finally ability to change parts in the car including suspension/engine/drivetrain/tires) :P

@Skalpadda nice Trine pics, great colours and super sharp, like the green waves too, very nice :)
    Last edited by rockman29; 22-04-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    I played it a few months back for like, a few hours. It is not what you remember.

And they totally butchered levelling up. Forget talents every level, you get a choice of 3 every 5 or 10 or so. Plus you level up so fast, which is normally a good thing! But instead of being this fairly sedate, enjoyable way of passing an evening in duskwood or something, you're there a few hours and then you're done. Woosh.

not to mention it's so easy that I was playing my mage and solo destroying elites 2 levels higher than me with a really half-arsed fire spec, just by spamming instant, mana free pyroblasts with a 60% crit rate.

The warcraft that once was is gone.
    I know some of those words.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    I know some of those words.
    flip-six three hole?

flip-six three hole?
    Ftagnh anokata saeurkraut rokujuukyuu

That's how that sounds to me.

Network Hub
    Next Car Game.

Last edited by Mr Bismarck; 23-04-2014 at 02:40 PM.

what do you guys use for making screenshots?

Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    Generally I use the Steam Overlay as it prompts to upload to the cloud after taking shots. In some cases I use Evolve, as it'll take images, video's, provide an FPS count when need be, and allow me to talk on various IM services which is pretty nifty.

Last edited by Wheelz; 23-04-2014 at 10:34 AM.

Steam overlay for virtually all Steam games.

StarCraft II has it's own game-specific screenshot function, press print-screen to use that also, automatically generates an image in the user documents folders. Comes out in jpeg as default, I think this can be changed:

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm 4K shot, campaign mission

In WarCraft III I think the default was .tga format which was really annoying...

Print-screen function for games like Command & Conquer. For C&C I have to go into paint and make a .png of the image. For emulators I also use the print screen function the same way. Here is an example of a print-screen of an emulated PS2 game shot (I read there were previous ones so I'm not breaking any rules :P):

Final Fantasy XII 4K shot in the Estersands, during a rare occasion in the game where the active party is made of 4 characters

There is probably a better way to do it on PCSX2 I'm sure, using print-screen function I usually get a lot of ghosting of the image when the screen objects are in motion. However, in the above image there is no ghosting, the transparency effects near the characters are due to a blur/ghosting effect from the game itself to show off a heat haze effect, of which was quite exceptional for a game from 2006 and on PS2. PS2 was great with these kinds of effects due to the EDRAM pool it had.
    Last edited by rockman29; 23-04-2014 at 05:49 PM.

For emulators I also use the print screen function the same way.
    You can add the Emulator to Steam as a non-Steam game and it will work too.
    If the emulator backend uses DirectX>=9 or OpenGL (AKA virtually every single program), Steam can capture it.
    Here's a Parasite Eve screen uploaded to Steam, using pSX

Good idea, I think I did that a long time ago :P

It's definitely more convenient than print-screen --> fumbling with Microsoft Paint.

The only benefit with print-screen though is being able to save screens as .png which are better quality. I need to check in PCSX2 itself for one that dumps directly into something though.

According to Google and I just tried it actually... PCSX2 you just press F8 and it dumps a high quality .bmp. ePSXe and pSX and so on probably have different keys for the same/similar function. I'll try that later and see if it avoids ghosting when I use my desktop :P

Good idea, I think I did that a long time ago :P

It's definitely more convenient than print-screen --> fumbling with Microsoft Paint.

The only benefit with print-screen though is being able to save screens as .png which are better quality. I need to check in PCSX2 itself for one that dumps directly into something though.

According to Google and I just tried it actually... PCSX2 you just press F8 and it dumps a high quality .bmp. ePSXe and pSX and so on probably have different keys for the same/similar function. I'll try that later and see if it avoids ghosting when I use my desktop :P
    Steam had had PNG lossless copies for a few years(?) now. It's in the options.

I figured it was, I couldn't find it just now. I will look again :)

Ah I see it: save an uncompressed copy, got it thanks :)

I use Bandicam. It captures .bmp, .png or .jpg and can either grab from a DX/OpenGL source or a target rectangle on the screen. It's not free though, and I think the trial version puts a watermark on screenshots (and video).

edit: Forgot I was going to post some screens as well. Here are the last few from Goblin Menace and the Dwarven Caverns bonus map.

Last edited by Skalpadda; 23-04-2014 at 06:47 PM.

I use Dxtory. It is great. Better than Fraps with little to no resources used.
    Sometimes I use Afterburner though.

No watermark with Dxtory and no on screen stats of any kind. Saves in bmp, png, jpg as well.