Nice! That AOEII looks detailed!

Scratch 2, eat 1:

PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Activated Node

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smullyoz View Post

Far Cry 2 looks amazingly good, even with lower specs.

Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    Age of Empires II HD Edition supports 4K :D
    That's almost cheating. You can probably see the entire map, if it's small enough.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    That's almost cheating. You can probably see the entire map, if it's small enough.
    In my defense if I can't see my own units I think it kind of balances out :P

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Lost Alpha

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Wow, FC2 and STALKER:LA are pretty! Love these shots! Although I think we have discussed FC2 quite enough in here already so I shall keep my enduring love secret!

Today we shall play with bombs.. On a chopper.. At a low altitude..

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Euro Truck Simulator 2

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Lost Alpha
    I can see there's a nice game hiding beyond the head bob, but until someone patches it out I will consider it unplayable.

Activated Node
    I'm replaying it now so ill be posting some shots.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Are you using a sepia filter or post processing or does FC2 just look like that?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    Are you using a sepia filter or post processing or does FC2 just look like that?
    No filters, straight from the game.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Today we shall play with bombs.. On a chopper.. At a low altitude..
    How difficult is the KA-50 to use in comparison to the A10? I can't even start the A10 cold let alone shoot at something with AGM's. Have you tried the Huey, is it any easier.

I'm after a decent helicopter sim.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rirdeg View Post
    How difficult is the KA-50 to use in comparison to the A10? I can't even start the A10 cold let alone shoot at something with AGM's. Have you tried the Huey, is it any easier.
    The KA-50 is relatively easy to master compared to the A-10C(I presume thats the one you are talking about), weapon management is relative simple and functions the same for all systems(mark, slew, range, fire) including guns, missles, rockets.

Flying it can be tricky though, but since you are after a helicopter sim then I would say its right up your alley, its great fun to fly and a original experience, although I am not sure how it compares to the UH-1 since I do not own that yet.

Finding targets is probably the most difficult thing in the KA-50, since the targeting system is the same as in the SU-25T(Shakvl).

EDIT: Youtube video I made earlier this week of the KA-50 startup procedure, hopefully that gives you a idea. In a emergency you can get the chopper up and running in 45 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7F1EVHyuxw

Bread?

Network Hub
    Thanks for the summary. I'll look into it the next time it's on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    That is actually a pretty good face, IMO, and seriously impressive coming from a random generator.
    It is indeed. I am amazed how good a face the random button generates in the Souls' games, while all I manage to do when trying to modify manually is one botox-disaster after the other. Too bad I have no idea how to do screenshots from my PS3, since I have surprisingly nice looking faces for Demon's Souls, a game where my attempt of crafting a face by hand make me feel like I'm Dr. Frankenstein himself. Yes, some random faces also look like red pig demons, but just hitting random another time makes that go away as well ;)
    currently playing: Assetto Corsa

Steam/GFWL/PSN: namefinder

Some nice pics in this thread :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    The KA-50 is relatively easy to master compared to the A-10C(I presume thats the one you are talking about), weapon management is relative simple and functions the same for all systems(mark, slew, range, fire) including guns, missles, rockets.

Flying it can be tricky though, but since you are after a helicopter sim then I would say its right up your alley, its great fun to fly and a original experience, although I am not sure how it compares to the UH-1 since I do not own that yet.

Finding targets is probably the most difficult thing in the KA-50, since the targeting system is the same as in the SU-25T(Shakvl).

EDIT: Youtube video I made earlier this week of the KA-50 startup procedure, hopefully that gives you a idea. In a emergency you can get the chopper up and running in 45 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7F1EVHyuxw
    The Huey is a bitch! I don't have pedals, just a center twist axis on my flight stick, so my wrist hurt and was literally tired within ten minutes of flying. Like I had spent the better part of my day beatin' my dick to death. The airframe is incredibly difficult to fly and control, just like the real thing.

I'd say avoid the UH-1 unless you have pedals and a lot of time to invest in learning to fly it.
    Last edited by DetCord; 16-05-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    The Huey is a bitch! I don't have pedals, just a center twist axis on my flight stick, so my wrist hurt and was literally tired within ten minutes of flying. Like I had spent the better part of my day beatin' my dick to death. The airframe is incredibly difficult to fly and control, just like the real thing.

I'd say avoid the UH-1 unless you have pedals and a lot of time to invest in learning to fly it.
    You're going to run into the same problem with the KA-50 then, although if you are inclined enough it does have a auto-pilot. Not quite sure you are correct, the UH-1 is not famous for being a difficult airframe, its actually quite easy to fly hence why its still so extremely popular.

Bread?