Page 580 of 658 FirstFirst ... 80480530570578579580581582590630 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,600 of 13153

Hi Ascalaphus, I realise this question has been asked to various people about Skyrim shots before, but how did you get it to look like that? Beautiful shots. A brief guide/list of mods would be greatly appreciated.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    Hi Ascalaphus, I realise this question has been asked to various people about Skyrim shots before, but how did you get it to look like that? Beautiful shots. A brief guide/list of mods would be greatly appreciated.
    No problem.
    Well....where to start.
    First make sure you can run Skyrim (vanilla game) fully maxed out at stable frame rates.
    After that make sure you get an account with Nexus. It is a free site where you can find mods for hundreds of games (including Skyrim and Fallout games.)
    Download their little mod organizer called Nexus Mod Manager. I use also a handy little mod load order tool called LOOT. It arranges mods for you in a way so that they don't conflict with one another.

The mods I use are RealVision ENB (which makes the game look amazing!) There are a TON of other ENB's out there that change the entire look of the game so you can decide which one is for you! I like RealVision so that is what I use.

I use that in combination with Enhanced Lights and FX. ~ makes the lighting in the game look SOOO much better.
    Also have the 2k texture pack FULL and installed OVER the Official HD texture pack made by Bethesda. (Make sure you have the VRAM for the texture packs~ if you don't just use the normal 2k texture packs. They look really good too!)

I have Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel ~ this makes the lighting and the weather even more realistic and adds to the immersion. Darker nights and Brighter days!
    Those are the main ones.

I also have alot of things that change the character models and add sweat (pictured above) and custom armors for them. Also have a mod called ApachiSKYhair that gives characters a wide range of hair styles.
    I don't know if you want those though because that is just preference.

Oh yeah you also want SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender) and also the enb.dev files.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    For a game that's just sprites, Xenonauts offers some nice shots. The squad movement and shootings feels suprisingly more like JA2 than old-com. This was the first time I assaulted a downed corvette and thinks went south fast, despite fancy new armor.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Those Skyrim shots are incredible.

But those Arcanum shots? YES! I'm going to go replay it again. As a stupid Half Orc again. Because you get the best journal entries and conversations ever when you're as intelligent as a rock.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Speaking of Arcanum*...

* - I thought I psoted it already but then I couldn't find this batch, so probably didn't... I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Speaking of Arcanum*...

I get a giddy feeling seeing that top left icon colored red

Quote Originally Posted by Ascalaphus View Post
    No problem.
    Well....where to start.
    First make sure you can run Skyrim (vanilla game) fully maxed out at stable frame rates.
    After that make sure you get an account with Nexus. It is a free site where you can find mods for hundreds of games (including Skyrim and Fallout games.)
    Download their little mod organizer called Nexus Mod Manager. I use also a handy little mod load order tool called LOOT. It arranges mods for you in a way so that they don't conflict with one another.

The mods I use are RealVision ENB (which makes the game look amazing!) There are a TON of other ENB's out there that change the entire look of the game so you can decide which one is for you! I like RealVision so that is what I use.

I use that in combination with Enhanced Lights and FX. ~ makes the lighting in the game look SOOO much better.
    Also have the 2k texture pack FULL and installed OVER the Official HD texture pack made by Bethesda. (Make sure you have the VRAM for the texture packs~ if you don't just use the normal 2k texture packs. They look really good too!)

I have Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel ~ this makes the lighting and the weather even more realistic and adds to the immersion. Darker nights and Brighter days!
    Those are the main ones.

I also have alot of things that change the character models and add sweat (pictured above) and custom armors for them. Also have a mod called ApachiSKYhair that gives characters a wide range of hair styles.
    I don't know if you want those though because that is just preference.

Oh yeah you also want SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender) and also the enb.dev files.
    Thanks for the comprehensive reply. I've dabbled with the Nexus before but never had the PC to do any major graphics mods justice. Recently built a rig with a 2gb 770 so will definitely take a look at what you've listed. Thanks again.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Mmmmm... Xenonauts looks sooooo yum :)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    Thanks for the comprehensive reply. I've dabbled with the Nexus before but never had the PC to do any major graphics mods justice. Recently built a rig with a 2gb 770 so will definitely take a look at what you've listed. Thanks again.
    Yeah. A 770 should give you no problem. Just don't get too crazy with the texture mods and you should be good.
    Make sure your CPU is up to par as well because Skyrim is a more CPU reliant game.

I had the 770 before I got my SC'd 780. The 770 is a pretty beast card. Definitely on the high end side.
    Good luck and feel free to drop me a line if you have any further questions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Sudeki. I loved this game back then, I was probably alone. Who cares, despite atrocious deviant-art-japan-esque art-style I thought it was a good game. Now it's time to relieve the memories. It's on Steam for 5$, at least in Russia.

And I'm not sure what to think of that... bump mapping? Am I seeing things?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Looks cool, forgot it was on PC actually.

When Bridge Commander mods go badly wrong and your crew end up with a gravity defying aversion to chairs or otherwise put their legs right through them, not to mention really screwed up uniform retexturing:

The uniform thing was completely my own fault, although the other issues... not sure what's happened there, considering the people who made that bridge set mod provided an installer and got it to look like this:

"Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Oh Bridge Commander! God I love that game.

Was asked to create some wallpapers for A3 in CS6. Did that.

http://detcord12b.deviantart.com/art...aper-458600939

http://detcord12b.deviantart.com/art...er-2-458678769
    Last edited by DetCord; 05-06-2014 at 07:01 AM.

...thats it for Skyrim from me for a while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    someone has fetish for belly button?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post

0_o
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post

o_0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    I'm not sure but I think armour might be of more use in Skyrim.

Network Hub
    The Awakened