Planetside 2 ProSiebenSat 1

According to this thread on the official forums SOE is outsourcing the running of their MMO's in Europe to a German company called ProSiebenSat.1

The full impact of this decision has yet to be felt as "given the complex nature, it will take both companies time to finalize and manage the integration process in order to ensure a smooth transition for players". As someone who remembers the disaster that was GOA's handling of DAoC and WAR I'm of the opinion that this is a bad thing.

One impact that is assured, players from the US and EU will be unable to play together.
    Last edited by El_MUERkO; 22-02-2012 at 05:04 PM.

This is awful.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Activated Node
    Ugh

10char

Banned
    Just... Why.

I probably wasn't going to have anything but a duck in, but this has ensured that I will never play Planetside 2. I don't want to be waiting months for patches that America already has and similar bullshit.

Yay, more crappy adverts on TV. ProSieben("Pro7") & Sat1 are well known for marketing crappy F2P/pay to win MMOs and RTSs. This is no good news at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If theres not Ip ban, we can try to buy the usa version and play on usa servers.

So this company is as bad as GOA? I remember the GOA people as nice people, but wrong on most stuff, and very slow and a unfortunate choice for the players.

I probably wasn't going to have anything but a duck in

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andracavanagh View Post
    i probably wasn't going to have anything but a duck in
    Why did you copy me?!

Network Hub
    I loved Planetside for the 3 months before SOE ruined it with Core Combat.
    I loved SWG before SOE ruined it with holocrons, Publish 9, JTLS, CU and the NGE.
    I loved EQ before SOE ruined it with Luclin and PoP
    I loved EQ2 in beta before SOE decided to rush the game to beat the WoW launch which killed off the game population. So to in an effort to keep players they dumbed it down of the years ruining it even more.

So I've learnt my lesson to never play an SOE game again. I wish Planetside 2 was being made by someone else, I'll never touch it as long as it is SOE. They could make the best FPS in the world that revolutionizes everything, I still wont play it because I know they'll find a way to fuck it up.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    If theres not Ip ban, we can try to buy the usa version and play on usa servers.

So this company is as bad as GOA? I remember the GOA people as nice people, but wrong on most stuff, and very slow and a unfortunate choice for the players.
    ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG owns several tv stations in Germany (the two biggest are Pro7 and Sat1), and for some reasons also operates several pay2win browser games which they heavily advertise during their programs. I don't think they have any experience with bigger games than what basically amounts to FarmVille clones.