Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trackmania United RPS Group

I thought with the recent sale that there might be a few people playing Trackmania again. In case we already have a group then ignore the rest and share the details for it, otherwise use the one I just created.

Go profile and on the right side you should see the Groups thing. Click to add a group:
    Name: 1873
    pw: shotgun

It should then show up us RPSmaniacs and you should be able to compare your singleplayer skill points and official record times and all the tracks. We could also use that group for multiplayer (no need to add people as friends) if anyone ever wants to.

Happy racing!

Activated Node
    Good idea. Have signed up and will try playing with my new Xbox controller rather than the keyboard I was using when I last played.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I've found the game more enjoyable with a controller, but I haven't used any imaging software to map out all the buttons. It's weird how the 360 controller is accepted, but not all the buttons are (seems like a common thing though). I've mapped acceleration to my right shoulder button and then reset/respawn etc. to the face buttons. I did however change the steering sensitivity. I don't know how useful that is for people, but there if you want a configuration that works.

Cool idea though! I bought the game after it went down to 5, kicking myself so very hard.

EDIT:

It won't let me join. says "Request not permitted. Unknown group." Do you need to have a certain amount of coppers or something?
    Last edited by The JG Man; 03-06-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Additional sentences

Try again. Something seems to have gone wrong with the group, so I recreated it. I dont think you need coopers for it, or if so its just like 5 or 10.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    It works! 0 coppers too. Thanks.

Blergh. I was going to make a league for Trackmania later on. :(

Joining now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I'll join up too. I've had that game forever and hardly played it at all.

I dunno if its a matter of the master server taking its time to update, but I cant see anyone in the group yet, not even myself :(

Edit: Nevermind, joined.

Activated Node
    Apparently I am not yet ranked in the group. Do I need to do Official races or multiplayer races to become ranked? I've just been doing normal single player races today to pick up some medals.

Joined and racing.

Feeling a tad stupid but although I managed to join the group, I can't see what to do/click to see any of the group stuff. Any pointers?

So finally I can see everyone else in the group. Really seems to have been a matter of the system only updating once a day for me or something. Very weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by EndelNurk View Post
    Apparently I am not yet ranked in the group. Do I need to do Official races or multiplayer races to become ranked? I've just been doing normal single player races today to pick up some medals.
    To become ranked you need to set official times. When you are in the race press ESC and there's an option to restart in the "official mode". You'll notice that you have 1 go and if you want another try in official mode you need to pay 10 coppers (you also win coppers for doing well). With a really good time you can also earn those skill points.

Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    Feeling a tad stupid but although I managed to join the group, I can't see what to do/click to see any of the group stuff. Any pointers?
    Once you joined the group in the profile part you can head over to Singleplayer part of the game. You know, where you see your local/regional/national rankings. That's also where the group will be (you can switch between the lists with the arrows at the top).

Quote Originally Posted by caesarbear
    Joined and racing.
    Now we can compete in 2 groups against each other :P

Nice idea, joined the group.

Time to focus on non-stadium environments, I'd hate to see TM2 released with like 80% of TMU still to be played.

Activated Node
    Yeah I have posted one or two official times. Shall get to doing more.

Activated Node
    Argh! Have just checked the group. So I only need over 20,000 points to get up to the next rank? :S Well this might take a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    Once you joined the group in the profile part you can head over to Singleplayer part of the game. You know, where you see your local/regional/national rankings. That's also where the group will be (you can switch between the lists with the arrows at the top).
    Eventually found that yesterday but there were no rankings so I thought something was up. Will go and have another poke about in there today.

Does anyone else find most of the non-stadium cars to be a nightmare to control? One tap of the steering keys and they go flying off everywhere. I'm not sure I'll be able to pry myself away from my beloved stadium car.

Activated Node
    The sports car is my favourite. I think it perfectly balances speed and agility and is absolutely perfect for Trackmania. Controlling the others, especially the american one, can be a bit of a pain.

For me the island sports car is extremely difficult. I struggle on every track. I like the American though (no surprise I guess.) It's tippy, but holds it's speed well, much like the Bay sport truck. The leaderboard seem to have a lot of trouble with math.

I'm focusing on Island at the moment, it felt like driving a soap bar at first, but it has become quite enjoyable since I started getting the hang of it. It also helped to significantly reduce the analog stick dead zone. I hate some of the jumps though (especially the half-pipe to half-pipe ones), and the last track I doubt I'll ever complete without ever resetting to a checkpoint.

Most other non-stadium environment I pretty much only experienced as a mean to get some copper through medals when I was desperate to get that extra chance for a good time in stadium. I plan to get through each of them, but I'm slow to adapt (I'm getting old!) so I prefer to stick to one environment for a while before moving on.

I suspect Bay and Desert are going to be those I'll struggle the most with, if I remember correctly they tend to be about sharp curves which I have some trouble getting right.
    Last edited by Kismet; 05-06-2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Who ate my line breaks?