Saving in Wizardry 6 using DosBox

Sup. Still new to playing games in DosBox and I still don't know how to save certain games in that needs a drive (i assume floppy disks) to save in while i'm playing in DosBox. In this case, Wizardry 6. Help a guy out here, please?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I think this is the same reason I gave up trying to get Wizardry 6 to work, a while back.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    More info needed.

In anycase, by far the best place for this question is at:
    http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewforum.php?f=33

Follow the guides for question posting and someone will help you. An incredibly knowledgeable bunch over at Vogons, if not the most patient (Don't ask the question in the same way there as you have here. More information is needed. A copy of the DosBox config file you are using for the game is always the best place to start.)
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

i woz usin' an IBM-compatible PC
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's pretty easy. You need to mount an A: drive. So when you load up DOSBox just type:

mount a "c:\path-to-where-you-want-the-save-to-go"
    mount c "c:\path-to-where-wizardry-vi-is"
    c:
    PLAYBANE.BAT

And then when you save the game it'll ask you to insert a disk. Just press return and it'll save it to the directory you mounted as A: drive.

Dunno if you got this working yet, Voon, but I was able to save my game by doing what Wizardry said with one difference:

I didn't mount an A drive at all, and when I went into the game I went to Game Configuration and cleared out the save directory (so it was blank).

Now it's saving the SAVEGAME.DBS file to the same directory as the rest of the game files -- but it seems to be working. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    Dunno if you got this working yet, Voon, but I was able to save my game by doing what Wizardry said with one difference:

I didn't mount an A drive at all, and when I went into the game I went to Game Configuration and cleared out the save directory (so it was blank).

Now it's saving the SAVEGAME.DBS file to the same directory as the rest of the game files -- but it seems to be working. =)
    You get to save? Woah, okay. I'll try that out and hopefully, it'll work for me

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    You get to save? Woah, okay. I'll try that out and hopefully, it'll work for me
    Yay! I hope so.
    It looks like it will overwrite any previous save though (because it expects you to be swapping floppies in and out to manage your saves =P).