Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar

Rumpo, Peyote, Stinger GT: GTA Online

So, the time is almost at hand. We have a crew: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/..._paper_shotgun

Because of the way GTA Online's matchmaking works you don't have to be friends with people in your crew to play with them, you just go into the pause menu, move to the Online tab and choose to play with crew. You can also make closed crew-only sessions if you don't want the hassle of unwashed non-RPS folk ruining your enjoyment. If you only want to play with specific people, though, you have to befriend them on Social Club - I don't think there's a way to pick specific crewmates to join.

Anyway, I'll be playing Online almost exclusively, I may even frequent the RPS Mumble (mumble.rockpapershotgun.com I believe), so if you join the crew I guess I'll bump into you eventually.

I'm the guy who originally founded the crew back in 2012 and obviously I can't wait to finally play GTA V on the PC.

Everything neema said is correct, except if I remember correctly there IS a way to join specific crew members from a list of currently playing crewmembers while in-game. That was on the Xbox 360 though so it might be different for PC.

Anyway, if there is any interest we will look into organising crew events and sessions some time in the future, aswell as assign new crew lieutenants etc. but for now I just look forward to seeing you guys in Los Santos.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Grand Theft Shotgun? - GTA V

Just wondering how many of you fine RPS people will be playing GTA V when it comes out this evening and if we should all add each other to the social club thingy and then look into crews and the like.

Anyway I'm linked here if anyone wants to add me.
    Steam ID: Sp4rkR4t
    Origin ID: Sp4rkR4t
    Battle.net ID : Sp4rkR4t#1773

Well, I'm going to try to play GTA Online, but I expect it'll be down for at least a couple of days because of server load - it's happened with the last gen launch, current gen launch and Heist update, so it would be very surprising if it actually worked tonight.

I wouldn't go as far as saying the servers will be down for days, but they will have trouble for at least the first day after launch for sure. It happened before, it will happen again. I'd be very surprised if it actually works flawless directly after launch.

Damn it, my game started to load, said it would take 2 minutes, but after a minute came up as being encrypted again! Must. be. patient...

*edit*

After 15 minutes of hitting the button and a couple of reboots it's finally unpacking. :)
    Last edited by Doc DarkStar; 14-04-2015 at 12:19 AM.

I got it on an SSD and after the ca. 200 MB day zero patch it still need's to decrypt and unpack the files. I'm on 15 minutes of unpacking now, and that's as I said on an SSD. I feel for people who got it on an HDD.

Played a bit this morning, character transfer worked fine, game runs butter smooth, gta online works like a charm.

What. The. Flip. Full marks R*.
    GW2: Emmett Lazlow ; Elite: Emmett Lazlo ; Steam: ​RobDollar

Activated Node
    I will be interested in playing this online once I got a bit of single player under my belt. Online heist look fun.

Neema and me played last night.
    It worked perfectly right from release, I am amazed.

It's just so damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    it would be very surprising if it actually worked tonight.
    I need ketchup to go with these words, they're disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    I need ketchup to go with these words, they're disgusting.
    If it makes you feel any better I spent an hour last night trying to play online and couldn't. So I jumped on the train in single player and spent some time just admiring the scenery; my god does it look stunning.

Happily I've had no problems getting online today. :)

I'm still currently waiting for the download to complete (download speed wildly fluctuating between 10KB/s and 10MB/s) but I should be on at some point (hopefully later tonight). My R* name is Hazman.

[EDIT] Actually another weird thing I've noticed is that the launcher seems to max out one of my CPUs - has anyone else experienced this?
    Last edited by Awesomeclaw; 14-04-2015 at 07:13 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    I've joined the crew IGN: Smashbox360. Can't wait to blast some chumps with the RPS gang. Thanks!

Obscure Node
    Have joined, DocSucram. Have no idea what I'm doing.

Administrator
    Joined!

Will anyone be playing tomorrow in the AM?

I'm basically playing this all the time now.
    If you join a session and end up with other RPS crew members just drive up to them and honk or send them a text message with your phone, we played some adversarial modes today with a few crew members and it was a lot of fun.

Also feel free to use the crew to organise crews for Heists or any other activity you need multiple people for.

Network Hub
    Bought it on a whim yesterday and the download finally finished today. Should have bought it on Steam.

My in-game handle is meloncrab1.

I've played it to about 60% on the PS3, so I'm completely new to Online and First Person, but I'm having a lot of fun so far :)

Obscure Node
    hey guys, havent dipped my toes into the GTA5 online world yet..

Am currently just getting reacquainted with the solo game (and endlessly fiddling with the GFX to get the balance just right) after having played a year or so ago on the PS3..

My social club name is fieldyGB so feel free to add me.. looking forward to doing some bank job and or mass digital murders with you all!

Hey, I signed up for the Crew. I'm looking forward to trying out the heists!

I've not had too much time to play so far but I'm hoping this weekend will be a GTA weekend. :D
    Steam: Carpe Dentum

Currently Playing:
    Guild Wars 2
    GTAV