Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar

Rachni, Pyjak, Salarian - Mass Effect 3 Coop

The demo is lots of things to lots of people, good, great, bad and terrible all among them. But everything people seem to say seems to be about the single player.

The multiplayer game is one of the best horde modes I've ever seen. It's currently (until release or further?) free to play via the demo and honestly has me eager to see where they take this.

My name's are various, but Centry (I think will check) is my engineer who can keep on ticking long after it makes sense for him to be, I seek RPS companions for a respite from the wonders of matchmaking.

What say you?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    I like engineer as well, once you get some skills up they pretty much shut down any sized proponent, and Heaven forbid you find a group clustered at a choke point. Sort of a more efficient mage/biotic class.
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    The_JG_Man, surprisingly. Add me, so my Krogan Soldier can throw your enemies away, or my Vanguard can...HURRRRR, ARGGGGGGH them.

Or at least in the main game. I may give the demo a rest. Don't wanna burn out on it. But yes, it's incredibly fun, I am very happily surprised.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

I'm up for some coop, if people need me. My Origin ID is Sceptrum.
    Usually play Engineer, Soldier or Adept and not proud member of the "I haven't unlocked another race club".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I'd like to get in on this especially when the full game is released. Origin ID is drojman.

Crap, I didnt even think about origin ID Mine is heliocentricity (steam is heliocentric)

I'm up for some coordinated play. Never had any luck with random people on Gold challenge. My ID is Doesntmeananyth.

So, start adding people in here on *shudders* origin (I'm heliocentricity), and be ready to pump up your readiness for war... Because it's better than scanning planets!

I will be ready and willing for some inept co-op action, I'm Jaxvor on Origin.

Should have added everyone who listed their Origin accountname now.

FlintyFoxy is my Origin ID. Won't probably jump immediately into multiplayer when the game lands (even with the new information about its possible importance) but once Shepard's story has come to conclusion, I'll probably be insanely addicted to it for ages if my hopeless obsession with the demo is any clue. Will probably be playing the Infiltrator quite a bit at first as that was my favourite class in the demo and I want to focus on at least one class at first.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I'm looking to give this a fair whack, I'm not too fussed when I play it as I'll do most of the sidequests anyway. I'll generally be up for a game whenever.

Activated Node
    I'm up for some multiplayer as well, I've tried with public, but it would be nice with some communication for a change.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    I'm game for some co-op most definitely, Jockie85 is my Origin ID thingy. I've already maxxed my readiness, but it's entertaining enough in its own right and I've not yet managed to find a team who can put together a remotely coherent display in anything above bronze.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Norskov View Post
    I'm up for some multiplayer as well, I've tried with public, but it would be nice with some communication for a change.
    Whats the name? Norskov

I've been playing a few matches tonight, but Public matches are just...horrible. My first game went really really well, then after that it was horrible, no one stuck together or anything.

But anyway, if anyone wants a below average Engineer feel free to add me -

Name is Appleaid

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Whats the name? Norskov
    Yes, the name is Norskov. I should be available most of tomorrow, and possibly most of the evenings in the coming week. I'm still quite rubbish though,

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I'm a little sceptical about the thought of playing Mass Effect... with others.

But I'd like to give it a try.

Origin ID is Laneford

currently I have no friends. :(

My advice after tucking into multiplayer abit more is essentially the same.

Vanguard
    SMG or pistol (only one)
    Max out charge asap, with the lower final upgrade (recharge all shields) and to hit multiple people then in the melee/shields/hp tree max out your shields. The finish up with nova upgrades.

This is not the most dynamic build but its ace, essentially its the whoooshbang build.
    Charge, then either heavy build for crowds (later nova) or unload with your sidearm and as soon a charge is ready charge again, maybe even the same enemy but ideally someone isolated.

For the big brawlers only ever hit from behind and ninja types with one hit kill melee are too difficult to melee (nova van work) so just smg then and charge again.

For engineers? Area+chain shock, long duration low hp exploding drone is ideal. It stops those things that spit out crab/face hugger things cold, but it's also useful for breaking snipers from cover, distracting giants and general brawling.

Going with an assault rifle and sidearm or the sidearm and lots of incinerate/overload are both valid. Either way I recommend a scope, it helps pick out targets for your drones and power attacks, the extra headshot xp will be good too.

These 2 builds are great for pub matches too, as they are both ideal ways to avoid taking too much fire if everyone else dies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Vanguard is incredibly fun to play in public games, you can just charge about like a lunatic, I played a Van in the single-player and the shield recharge upgrade for Charge is invaluable and works brilliantly in synergy with Nova.

Infiltrator is a good option too, because cloak is just an incredible utility ability, need a damage boost? Cloak. Getting flanked? Cloak and reposition? Team-mate down? Cloak and revive. Shields down with a sliver of health? cloak and find somewhere safe to recharge shields etc.

I've actually got all 4 infiltrator characters now, the Salarian is great because you can spam proximity mines during down-time, which makes it easy to set up some rudimentary defences. Also lucked out a bit, I bought the SP dlc and because of the deal on Bio points had a few to spare and decided to buy 2 spectre packs. One of which gave me the extremely powerful Sniper rifle that can see through walls and goes through multiple targets.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter