Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I had all my unlocks reset, meaning my nice aliens and weapons are gone. I had unlocked plenty of good stuff too, like the Black Widow.

So won't be touching multiplayer until that is fixed :/
    Last edited by Sceptrum; 10-03-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
    I had all my unlocks reset, meaning my nice aliens and weapons are gone. I had unlocked plenty of good stuff too, like the Black Widow.
    Do you mean progress from the demo? Because wiping progress from that was intentional AFAIK.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Do you mean progress from the demo? Because wiping progress from that was intentional AFAIK.
    Yeah, not a bug.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

No, I'm talking about the stuff I unlocked post-launch. I've actually played mostly multiplayer, since I have some ME2 singleplayer saves to finish, plus wanted to have a few level 20s ready for promotion and the Galactic Readiness thingy at 100%.

Here's the thread started by Bioware about the issue:
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../index/9685812

Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    Infiltrator is a good option too, because cloak is just an incredible utility ability, need a damage boost? Cloak. Getting flanked? Cloak and reposition? Team-mate down? Cloak and revive. Shields down with a sliver of health? cloak and find somewhere safe to recharge shields etc.

I've actually got all 4 infiltrator characters now, the Salarian is great because you can spam proximity mines during down-time, which makes it easy to set up some rudimentary defences.
    Yesterday I unlocked the Salarian Infiltrator and engineer, yum. The decoy might be a lot more less mobile than the combat drone but it's like slamming a door shut with the stun damage upgrade. Indeed, I managed to solo a bronze by digging in behind my decoy and using energy drain to heal my shields.

The Salarian Infiltrator can be equipped to set off 1 power without uncloaking, that one power can be an energy drain on a shielded opponent to fully heal your own shields. (I recommend shotgun because losing your spatial awareness as can get you in trouble).

Wow, I'd utterly wrote off Infiltrator after trying to play single player as it back in Mass Effect 2,looks like the ME3 upgrades fixed the class something badass.

So 3 badass classes, anyone have strong words to say for the others?

Been playing Sentinel & Soldier mostly (before the reset crap appeared). Soldier I've gone Widow+shotgun combo, but apart from throwing grenades or proximity mines, I haven't really come up with good builds.

Sentinel though, especially Turian, is damn nice as support. Only use assault rifle, and with Warp & Overload I take down shields, barriers or armor where needed or use overload AoE to incapacitate enemy flankers. Add that shit hits the fan, with tech armor you can run up to the enemy and detonate it, causing some nice point blank area damage. Have used it successfully to rapidly kill enemy troops trying to execute a downed team-mate or get out of a tough spot.

Should we get a steam group going or something? Would be ace to play some games with RPS folks on mumble.

Alternatively I'm duffin66 on Origin and duffin6666 on Steam, if anyone wants to keep me company on a cold lonely night. xx

Network Hub
    I have a tangentially related question that someone here might be able to answer. How do you lose Galactic Readiness?

I ask because at some point I'd like to complete a singleplayer playthrough where I just barely scrape over the 'Minimum' line for War Assets. Obviously the more I play multiplayer, the more my War Assets are boosted and so the harder this would be.

I'm just trying to decide whether I should put multiplayer on hold and do that playthrough ASAP, or if it is possible to lower the Readiness ratings again later. In an ideal world, I'd rather play through a few more times 'normally' to explore all the stories and roleplay before I try and game the system. Plus, of course, the multiplayer is fun.
    Last edited by Dentharial; 12-03-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Adding a little

Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    ...How do you lose Galactic Readiness?
    It seems to decay at 1% per day for me, though of course it could be something else I haven't noticed; I haven't finished the game, and I've only upped my readiness to about 58% via co-op.

Honestly? I don't think they thought about that. I'm sure a way to edit readiness will show up, might be a mod.

Would anyone like to arrange a date and time for multi player fun? I'm guessing we're all still working through the single player campaign at the moment but it would be nice to set aside some time for some quality multi player action.

I'm good for most weeknights and weekend days.

I'm done with the singleplayer atm and not in a huge rush to go at it again instantly, so I've been spending time in MP. Having a dreadful luck with weapon and mod drops though, all I seem to unlock at the moment are SMGs and mods for them rather than anything I actually use with the classes I'm currently focusing on.

Anyone can use a smg, don't be greedy. Just add everyone and keep an eye on origin.

I know everyone can use a SMG but I've never really liked them personally. Plus, they don't really work with the gameplay style I have with my infiltrator and soldier.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    I have a Turian soldier who likes to boomheadshot. My account name's Nalano, tho individual characters may differ (The Turian's named Shujen.)
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Myself Drojman, Jaxvor and Jockie just had a nice little rampage. The Salarian infiltrator is weirdly bad-ass, the mies get kills after youve wandered off, the cloak allows you to hack revive and flank, the energy drain can top up your shields any time(sorta useless vs the reapers but eh)

Its a nice little package.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Just a reminder of my tag, The_JG_Man. I won't be on MP for a bit yet as I'm still going through SP, but I intend to give it a good shot later.