Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarigs View Post
    issue with joining games
    Not read your previous posts so don't know what you've tried, but I had recurring issues losing connection during a match that were only solved by manualy disabling UPNP on my router...

Seems I need to put a fair few more hours in: while i've picked up a decent selection of classes, my armoury is sparse with only a smattering of decent weapons (Disciple, Revenant, Scorpion). Would kill (and have tried) for some geth weapons...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alh_p View Post
    Not read your previous posts so don't know what you've tried, but I had recurring issues losing connection during a match that were only solved by manualy disabling UPNP on my router...

Seems I need to put a fair few more hours in: while i've picked up a decent selection of classes, my armoury is sparse with only a smattering of decent weapons (Disciple, Revenant, Scorpion). Would kill (and have tried) for some geth weapons...

Ahh *DISABLING* UPNP? All of the forum posts I saw about the issue were advocating turning it on. I've manual opened the right ports/allowed through the firewall and that's about it.

To clarify I dont' have any issues with playing the multiplayer itself, I can get into PUG groups with no issues at all. But for somereason if I'm join a pre-made it hangs on the "Joining Game...." screen and the "communicating" icon blinks out. Happens when I join their game or they join mine. But it only happens with certain people. If it was consistent I wouldn't mind half so much!

Ahh *DISABLING* UPNP? All of the forum posts I saw about the issue were advocating turning it on.
    Yeah I know! But it actually works for me. There was some chat on the forum I found this that a) the same happened for some with battlefield3 and b) bioware and EA's tech advice was not the same, with bioware saying UPNP needed to be on and EA the opposite.

To clarify I dont' have any issues with playing the multiplayer itself, I can get into PUG groups with no issues at all. But for somereason if I'm join a pre-made it hangs on the "Joining Game...." screen and the "communicating" icon blinks out. Happens when I join their game or they join mine. But it only happens with certain people. If it was consistent I wouldn't mind half so much!
    Hmm, I've not even tried anything but public games... Still, I don't think you'll lose anything for trying the above.

[/risky tech advice from a stranger on the internet]

Obscure Node
    I've been playing the multiplayer on off since about a fortnight after launch, and wouldn't mind playing with a not completely random group for a change. OriginID is Prismato Tend to play all the classes depending on what mood I'm in. UK time zone, so evenings mostly Only recently started to actually bother promoting characters so my N7 rank is only 160odd. EDIT: Have found the server list and currently trying to persuade origin to make requests
    Last edited by Sihoiba; 17-05-2012 at 06:39 PM.

ok I've spammed a few of you, my Origin tag is Maquisard82 in case you're wondering which weirdo is friending you.

I'm liking the Valiant. I can't bodyshot a mook on bronze to kill, but I can afford to miss more. Plus, it's pretty tough. Just wish I could upgrade it a bit faster.
    Steampowered. Origin: Simmura

ha, seems I'm also getting the issues joining/inviting people to a hosted game. Deep joy.

Got an Asari Justicar. Was paired up with a geth engineer for a bit. That's quite the static defence combo, between the shield replenishing drone and the biotic shield (which I've currently got specced for almost completely shield (lvl 6 is set for biotic explosions in case I'm with another biotic warp personage).

Actually cleared 75 kills on a silver playthrough today.

Made it, ma. Top of the world.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wizlah; 20-05-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Operation Shieldwall, this weekend.

Allied Goal: Promote 50,000 characters.
    Squad Goal: Promote 3 characters.
    Special Circumstance: Due to the failure of Operation SILENCER, more banshees will spawn with Reaper enemies and might also spawn with other enemies.
    more banshees will spawn with Reaper enemies and might also spawn with other enemies

*sobs*

While I hate banshees with every fibre of my body, it's nice that Operation Silencer's failure actually has some consequence. That was the first time we failed an allied goal, wasn't it? Hopefully they'll keep changing things if we fail more.
    Last edited by westyfield; 23-05-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    OH GOD. GOD. NO. NO NO NO. NOOOOO. NO GOD! DON'T!

There, that about sums up my feelings on it. Course, that's one way to make White Geth Gold harder.

I'm a little confused about the 'squad goal'. Is that each person promote 3 characters, or on a load-up in a lobby, each person promotes 1? It makes sense to be the former, but, eh...
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Hah, someone gets to be the bum who gets a squad victory with level 1 characters while the other 3 hold their side of the deal.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by westyfield View Post
    Operation Shieldwall, this weekend.

more banshees will spawn with Reaper enemies and might also spawn with other enemies

*sobs*

While I hate banshees with every fibre of my body, it's nice that Operation Silencer's failure actually has some consequence. That was the first time we failed an allied goal, wasn't it? Hopefully they'll keep changing things if we fail more.
    I wonder if the negative effect of failure will reset at the next challenge or if it keeps piling up until the next banshee hunt.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    I suspect it won't pile up...having banshees spawning into Cerberus and Geth missions is going to be bad enough. Still interesting to see how it works out.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Quote Originally Posted by westyfield View Post
    *cries in a corner*
    Steampowered. Origin: Simmura

I didn't enter Operation Silencer because I was swamped with work, I didn't know it failed. Now I feel guilty D:
    Dr. ćclipse µattaru, PhDD
    The extra D means MORE DOCTOR!

Illustrator A Go-Go

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Adventures in Brokenville!