Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I only use my rockets when absolutely needed, last wave of the mission, everyone dead and the Banshee's heading for me etc.
    ack. used two this evening (one banshee, one atlas), and it feels so goddam wasteful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizlah View Post
    ack. used two this evening (one banshee, one atlas), and it feels so goddam wasteful.
    I find that funny, considering that they're worth exactly as much as medipacks - which everybody abuses at the drop of a hat - and are awarded like candy if you're not in the habit of losing all the time. I have a backlog of 40 of 'em and I'm not even trying to save any.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Granted, I only started playing today, but I've not got that many packs in the store with me credits. I'm probably just not playing well enough to keep getting lots of cash.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Granted, I only started playing today, but I've not got that many packs in the store with me credits. I'm probably just not playing well enough to keep getting lots of cash.
    A win at Bronze should get you just short of a Veteran pack. A win at Silver should get you just enough for a Special Veteran pack. A win at Gold should net you enough for a Spectre pack. So you should be able to buy something every time you play, assuming you're doing more than Bronze.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I've just been playing at bronze for now, since, as I mentioned before, I'm a bit shite. And maybe had a bit of bad luck with the last couple of packs I got because I've not had any rockets for a while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I've just been playing at bronze for now, since, as I mentioned before, I'm a bit shite. And maybe had a bit of bad luck with the last couple of packs I got because I've not had any rockets for a while.
    You shouldn't really need rockets for bronze, you might have a bad class/methodology/weapon/team. How are you playing?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Well, I'm infiltrator, so I've been getting the hang of sniping and cloaking to hack/turn on/turn off and heal. Since I'm not playing with mates, I might just have got unlucky that time the Banshee went through all of us, because we didn't act well as a team. Last night I played another match where we all used fire to take it down, and nary a rocket in sight - I went for mine briefly, but we seemed to be knocking it out quickly enough, so I left well alone.

One thing I'm learning from it so far is the importance of using cloak to fall back quickly. I've seen people finish a wave as the last person standing on bronze, but I figure if a banshee showed up, it would be a different matter. So I try to keep myself alive to act as decent support to the soldiers. I usually cock that up when I move to a forward position because I don't think I'm pulling my weight, and suddenly find myself isolated and surrounded. I do like playing the infiltrator, though. If I couldn't do this, I'd probably have to go for some brawling class with shotgun and shit loads of health.

Like I said, I've not done online multiplayer for a very long time (like Quake 2 long time), and even if I had, I'm just not that good a gamer to have decent twitch reflexes.

As you can see, I'm really selling meself as a potential teammate.

The ideal 'My first character" is undoubtedly engineer. A drone slows down the pressure building against you, even better with other engineers, there are 4 principle builds for drones.

Long life rocket - best used on high power(lots of overload and incinerate. low weapon builds(just an smg). The drone will be dumped at your feet and
    Replaced if dead.

Bomber - Best with assault rifle or snipers highest life, span lowest hp (you want it to die) the explosion will cause much damage on secondary targets. 2 kinds of valid bomber are the focus(single target) and AoE stunner(multi target), both bomb the same but I find the multiple target bomber generates more attention.
    Mainly I hit enemies in cover with it, it appears behind them, stuns them out cover then other enemies assault it, it explodes and they all die. All the while you are shooting them.

I agree with helio. that was my first character, and it did wonders. Now im fooling around with hand to hand combat infiltrators.
    Too bad I dont have time for MP at the moment.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    I agree with helio. that was my first character, and it did wonders. Now im fooling around with hand to hand combat infiltrators.
    Too bad I dont have time for MP at the moment.
    Had some fun with the Salarian infiltrator and the charging shotguns (geth and spike). Charge it, sprint with it charging, then cloak (still charging) pop off your free power (energy drain or proxy mine), then fire a second power (finally breaking the cloak and fire off the charged shotgun getting the cloaked damage bonus on a long time charged shot.
    Just don't miss :-D

I wouldn't mind trying out engineer, but I'll stick with infiltrator for now because I'm enjoying getting the hang of it. Like I said, I like the support role it provides.

I have upgraded my cloak to the point that I get a free action cloaked now, and if I could get a shotgun, I'd totally switch over, because I presume I could effectively combine with the cryo charge up close. Maybe I should weigh up my current heavy pistol versus my smg to see how effective that could be.

Get the disciple shotgun. It has almost no impact on your power charge (20% or so) and "pauses" hit targets. Very much worth it.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Activated Node
    After a crash, Origin insists I don't exist anymore. Hm.
    No games for me until I get it sorted. Or maybe I don't exist. Is KTaillefer still on people's friend's list?

Quote Originally Posted by Soon View Post
    After a crash, Origin insists I don't exist anymore. Hm.
    No games for me until I get it sorted. Or maybe I don't exist. Is KTaillefer still on people's friend's list?
    According to my friends list, you are still a person who exists.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Activated Node
    I managed to get it working again, hurrah. It crashed mid-chat and I felt bad all night.
    Sorry for this brief intermission.

Ahh. so thats where you went :D

the cocktail robots festival is here, though: roboexotica.com
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    According to my friends list, you are still a person who exists.
    EA needs to fix their servers and clients, I get booted more and more these days.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Obscure Node
    I'm game for some co-op. I've been playing public Bronze but I'm looking to move into Silver. Arcturus_D on Origin

Added some more names to the list. Thanks!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    EA needs to fix their servers and clients, I get booted more and more these days.
    I've had a string of rounds where I dc'd during extraction, worst being with 0 seconds on the clock - now every time I get that particular slack sort of lag I feel like quitting to get it over with. At least bf3 gives you some of the ribbons you've collected if you get dropped partway through!