Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Anyone have lag problems? I'm on BT and i'm willing to blame them.
    I've had it occasionally, not with BT. With hilarious consequences.
    People and enemies were teleporting around the level, my own character was teleporting, or sometimes sliding, to the position he was in a few seconds earlier, which was fun when trying to run away. There was once an invisible Banshee (apart from the blue glow), but best of all: The Invincible Banshee.

Obscure Node
    I've been having a lot of fun with this, although I'm still trying to learn how to use combos effectively. Salarian engineer with lots of decoy use is a favourite so far.

I need some friends! I don't post much here but I probably put a rocket in your face if you used to play on the TF2 RPS server. I'm BushidoJoe on Origin if anyone wants to add me.

There is a list of origin names just for that purpose: here. Keep em comin!

Also, Ive had lots and lots of fun with Tail/Soon. Very epic moments of Prime & Pyro spams at the control tower, and multiple infiltrators trying to sneak in in order to hack. Very frantic and fun.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I havent got any extra races yet :(

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayward_Ronin View Post
    I've been having a lot of fun with this, although I'm still trying to learn how to use combos effectively. Salarian engineer with lots of decoy use is a favourite so far.
    Decoy is amazing. Saved my life and others many times. I tend to run out into the field and throw one down before the spawn and it creates a temporary shooting gallery for everybody else as the enemies are drawn towards it. I play engineer a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Also, Ive had lots and lots of fun with Tail/Soon. Very epic moments of Prime & Pyro spams at the control tower, and multiple infiltrators trying to sneak in in order to hack. Very frantic and fun.
    Aw, thanks, Cat. Been a pleasure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Promoted my Sentinel after I realised my Turian's spec was not as good as it could've been. It's also allowed me to try out some different weapons, which is always a plus. Got my soldier to level 20, so that deed is done.

I've also cleaned out all the basic weapons from recruit packs, so I can focus on veterans. I've unlocked a lot of appearance things, but no bloody Krogans yet. I'm disappointed about this.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I've also cleaned out all the basic weapons from recruit packs, so I can focus on veterans. I've unlocked a lot of appearance things, but no bloody Krogans yet. I'm disappointed about this.
    I think Krogans are rare unlocks. May be worth saving up instead of relying on the small chance of rares in veteran packs.

Incidentally does anyone know what the 'small chance' is? I'm guessing it's around 2-5%. I've bought around 30 Veteran packs (I think) and I unlocked the Carnifex and the Geth Plasma Shotgun from them, not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon View Post
    I think Krogans are rare unlocks. May be worth saving up instead of relying on the small chance of rares in veteran packs.
    Good to know, cheers. Gonna be a long haul though as I don't often play Gold.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

? there is stuff that only unlocks through gold?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I can't find a reliable source for chances of unlocks in each pack, though there are lots of guesses out there. However, if you're wondering about the scarcity of each item/character: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/9729342/1

It's probably the skinner box talking, but spectre packs seem to be the best value to me if you have your heart set on a rare; and there's also the chance of picking up n7 weapons like the paladin (not that I'll ever give up my carnifex).

Having played for about a week now, I'd agree. I've got into the habit of trying a couple of bronze matches when I'm starting a character out, because I'm not good enough to keep them alive (and I've been bizarrely low on med packs for ages now. Most matches I've had to play without them. It's a right pain) until they've leveled up a bit. The tendency is to blow them on recruit packs when you're not earning as much, but the returns are low. First spectre pack in ages I got a Revenant, which has made a real difference to leveling up my 2nd turian soldier.

Really loving playing a soldier with a decent assault rifle. Seems like the turian soldier is all about suppressing fire and either proximity mines or blasts which weaken the enemy and allow someone else to finish them off. And it's very satisfying to unload with the revenant+proximity mine combo when you're one on one with someone.

Having seen that my lappy can cope with multiplayer, I've got to say that the ME3 multiplayer acts as a real gateway game. I thought I'd be completely outclassed, but I can usually get by and I've had one or two really fun matches with fellow RPS'ers. It's made me think I could easily get into a more regular game of left 4 dead/left 4 dead 2.

Also, the majority of people you play with on public are pretty on it when you play silver. I'd like to get more decent equipment in before trying gold though, and I think I'd prefer to do it with RPS folk. Even though I don't actually know any of ye folk, playing with an RPS'er seems more fun. You are all nice people. This is my first time gaming online in the era of mics and voice chat. There are a lot of impatient, barely sufferable arseholes out there who think you haven't a clue. This does not happen with rps'ers (although I can usually only listen in).
    Last edited by Wizlah; 03-04-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Tried my hand at a Veteran pack and unlocked a Quarian engineer, so I guess I know what my second class is going to be!

As regards the difficulty: is it possible to succeed at Gold and Silver difficulty without unlocking some decent gear, or is it suicide? I've only tried Bronze so far, trying to scrape up some cash and xp for my Sentinel.

The way I see it, you should always play bronze with a fresh character or low level equipment, silver when you're at level 8 or so and/or have good equipment and you should only play gold with a high level character (18+) and decent equipment. I think the community has worked something out akin to that, so public games tend not to fail so easily.

EDIT:

airtekh, yes it is, but I'd advise on using a class that has more offensive/supportive abilities and less of a requirement on weapons. I wouldn't advise doing gold until you've got some decent stuff, or at least are using good equipment boosters, but for silver that's definitely possible.