Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Maybe we could have done with another class with more firepower instead of the extra Sentinel, which is more of a support class.
    ..bwhahahahah! Firstly, unless you're a Krogan or going for objectives, don't use Tech Armour, it's shit. Straight up, it's just pants. The cooldown increase for your other abilities is not worth it, when some artful dodging, use of your spec ops pack (the one that instantly refills shields and health to full) or not being an idiot means the trade-off simply isn't worth it. Now, depending on where you go from here depends on whether or not you want to be support-offensive, or offensively-support. Take my Turian Sentinel, for example, you get warp and overload. Depending on how you spec them, you can either make targets weaker or strike more of them for a little less power. Of course, you can go full-on heavy hitting and quick refreshes on a single target, making you good for the heavies. As the Turian gets both warp and overload, you're useful for any situation whatever you spec, because you'll put at least one point in overload if you get tech armour and if you avoid tech armour entirely, you can dedicate enough points to fill up warp and overload.

That plus a good pistol and assault rifle/whatever race weapon reduction you can get makes you a very potent force.

And sorry QuantaCat; I got your invite, but it never actually popped up on my screen...that and I'd turned off the bloops for notifications, so I only noticed when I quit out. My bad!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Activated Node
    Packs unlock xp bonuses for different classes, so there's still a little development even if you stick to one character.

My Salarian Engineer has completed a solo run of bronze, so I recommend those. A team without an infiltrator is often at a disadvantage for lacking the cloaked revives, so I like to switch to one if nobody else has. They seem far more common above bronze, and I've been in teams where I'm the only non-infiltrator. Decoy + everybody else's sniper rifle was a powerful combination.

We'll have to try a Geth run with nothing but Quarian infiltrators to see how many Geth we can control.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    ..bwhahahahah! ...... potent force. !
    Meh. I've been playing as a Sentinel since ME1, I know what I'm doing.

Tech armour gives me 25% damage reduction and an AOE damage effect which also stuns any enemies around me. It's got me out of many a sticky situation.

Also I don't pack any heavy weapons when I play Sentinel, so the penalty from Tech Armour is negligible. I can still spam the fuck out of Warp and Throw, causing major damage with biotic detonations.

Last edited by Oshada; 04-04-2012 at 05:51 AM.

Someone may have got a Krogan Sentinel.

​Okay, it was me.

Obscure Node
    I tried Silver for the first time. A horribly unbalanced team, with team members who wanted to sprint everywhere on their own. Lasted until wave 3.

Still having good times with my Salarian Engineer, but the Drell Adept is great fun too - lots of reave, pull and grenades, and cartwheeling around the place while shooting people in the head. :-)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I was in a team that completed a silver game yesterday, but after the game 2 of them voted to kick me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Any suggestions on the best way to unlock new characters? I've only got the Quarian Infiltrator and Turian Sentinel so far.

Veteran or spectre packs and luck. A lot of luck.

Had some good games with a few people last night. I too tried silver for the first time; it's intense, but we managed to succeed at the second attempt. I can't imagine what Gold is like!

Anyone know if it's possible to do a group chat in Origin, like you can with Steam? I was desperately clicking around on stuff last night but no luck.

Hey Guys,

I bought ME3 some days ago and I am enjoying the Multiplayer part too.
    Name on Orgin is Aesdriel.
    I mostly play between 9 and 12 PM.

Still playing the main campaign too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Been playing about with the Soldier class after I got a Revenant, Turian with Marksman is crazy burst damage, but Krogan Soldier with a melee build is utterly silly and ridiculous fun on bronze, if kinda useless on silver and gold.

Obscure Node
    Playing silver last night made me realise that I need to start using the map smarter. I still feel like a bit of a noob, so I've been following other people's leads - but most people end up milling somewhere around the original spawn point, which isn't usually the best place to mount a defence.

On Firebase Giant last night we probably should have camped out upstairs in the Comm centre. Chuck a decoy out the window, one man at the ramp, another sniping from the window, one covering the small room to the right, and the other floating around to support. Or something. Although a Banshee in there would be like a fox in a henhouse, so maybe that's not such a great idea.
    Steam ID: wayward_ronin Origin ID: BushidoJoe Windows Live ID: Wayward Ronin 7
    PSN: Wayward_Ronin

A banshee will be a pain wherever they are. If you're able to, the best option with them is to have one person kite them for long enough that the team can react. On the odd occasion where I've been that person, I've sometimes been able to solo it with the right character set-up. I agree though; there are certain locations on maps I will always wait by with the new spawn and try and hold my ground on. When the wave is finished, I'll return to that point.

So just tried doing some geth gold...doesn't really work when the other people on your team can't make use of your abilities. I racked up a gold assist by the third wave...twice. Then I tried playing a silver on my krogan sentinel. "Charrrrrrrrr *miss - inexplicably dead half a second later - realise there's lag - disconnect* Or maybe not."