Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    hm. since Im so out of ME3 atm, Im considering staying out of it till the next DLC hits, which Im sure to buy if necessary.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quite like Firebase Hydra. Must be all the wide open spaces reducing the number of places enemies can creep up on you.

Determined to win a gold on firebase glacier sometime. Just feels like it should be easier than it was last night.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    hm. since Im so out of ME3 atm, Im considering staying out of it till the next DLC hits, which Im sure to buy if necessary.
    I've a hunch they'll keep the dlc for the multiplayer free. No good reason, but it does seem to get a lot of goodwill, and people seem surprised at how durable the interest has been in it since launch. Maybe they will want to keep it that way.

Having not played any multiplayer online in a long time, I'm surprised so many people have stuck with it given that I read a number of opinions on it at launch stating that it was fun, but not likely to maintain interest. I guess it's down to what Alec said in the WIT - it feels like the gameplay nicely compliments the single-player combat, gives it an urgency and dynamism it otherwise wouldn't have.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizlah View Post
    Quite like Firebase Hydra. Must be all the wide open spaces reducing the number of places enemies can creep up on you.
    Yeah I like Hydra a lot, though Dagger is good fun.

Determined to win a gold on firebase glacier sometime. Just feels like it should be easier than it was last night
    We did manage it later on tbh, though it got a little hairy in the middle section (and I totally forgot to get the end screenshot). Essentially Sceptrum & Simmura held the extraction point area, but from the doorway of the main room (stopping them from spawning behind us) whilst myself & Bootcha held the main room, covering the ramp & the middle stairs. For the extraction we retreated down to the lower area and held ground, and then fought our way upto the extraction point in the last minute.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

I'm willing to bet money that Reactor is everyone's least favourite map.

Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    I'm willing to bet money that Reactor is everyone's least favourite map.
    I know Condor is disliked by some too. I personally find Glacier less enjoyable.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Bit the bullet and picked up a copy, hopefully should turn up in a couple of games then I can tear into the SP and think about joining you guys once I've had my fill :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
    I know Condor is disliked by some too. I personally find Glacier less enjoyable.
    Condor is a weird one, alright. Reactor and Glacier feel more like close combat maps, and if you're going into them voluntarily, you have to arm up accordingly (at least, you do if you're less good like me). I was trying out a couple of different weapons with my geth infiltrator last night, and the javelin didn't feel much use to me on reactor. There's some sniping to be done, but with so many nooks and crannys and people ducking in and out, it's hard to use there. Got more use out of the geth smg on both.

then again, could be that I'm just shite at sniping.

The thing which bugs me most about reactor is the endless ladders means that sometimes it feels slower to get to someone quickly when they're down.

starting to think I can handle the harpoon gun best out of all the sniper rifles. combined with a piercing mod and geth supervision, it's not too bad, especially against atlas's. moderately lighter than the javelin, and reloads faster, whilst still being able to be charged.

Yet to get a black widow. got a widow last night.

Edit. Hrm. must have been imagining that the piercing mod worked, because reserach online tells me it does not. Still, very satisfying to jam it through guardian's shields.
    Last edited by Wizlah; 06-05-2012 at 02:37 PM.

this evening, for giggles, may try out the striker/ultralight geth smg combo for an infiltrator. Works best with a batarian soldier in terms of effect on power, okay with a turian soldier. I'm just curious as to how much more damage the striker may do from cloak. Plus, the idea of someone decloaking and letting of a peal of those grenade rounds is funny.

Well, as of now, all I have left to unlock/upgrade are the N7's and the ultra rares.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizlah View Post
    Edit. Hrm. must have been imagining that the piercing mod worked, because reserach online tells me it does not. Still, very satisfying to jam it through guardian's shields.
    It works. I shoot through cover all the time. Quite useful against annoying things that like to dance and weave.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    It works. I shoot through cover all the time. Quite useful against annoying things that like to dance and weave.
    Indeed. I pretty much use the piercing mod on all my weapons rather than the additional ammo (plenty of ammo packs if I'm desperate).

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Obscure Node
    My standard weapon with any class right now is the Saber with the piercing mod at level 3 or so - it embarrasses Guardians, which is fun. In terms of punching through cover, it has to be thin - like, six inches thick or less, I think. It won't go through crates or bulkheads, but good old chest-high walls are fair game.

How do you feel about scopes? I find it's harder to snipe with the zoom. I'm basically using the Saber as a sniper rifle at the moment, but scopeless.

Firebase Ghost Gold: -

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...7E6F4A882BA3E/

Firebase Giant Gold

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...F5E6D52E9DFA7/

GJ Bootcha, Sceptum & Ravelle.

Probable Replicant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Some nice rounds indeed!

Got to give the N7 Talon a first try as well and I have to say it's super convenient killing phantoms with it, though I was just a bit too late as Kad got stabbed when I turned around. ;p
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

I thought we were pretty solid on both maps, though things got a little hairy with phantom influx at times (especially on the capture point missions). However people were fast on the rezzes and we contained the situations well. The ramp is a bit of a problem on giant, but otherwise defensively it's a decent location.

Probable Replicant

I wont be able to keep up, I see.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Not like we're not going to do them again Quanta

Probable Replicant

We will do them again...and we always need someone to yell in Arnold-voice "Get to da choppa" ;)